• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nighteye Was Right

Wanna start this off by saying I didn't know how the account transfer worked, so to the mods, disregard the account named NORF, apologies lmao. Anyway, onto the content of this thread.

So previously I've suggested this exact same revision, but only on the basis that the wiki's scaling was contingent on Hero Ranks at the time(Edgeshot was given AP scaling base off of being ranked higher than Gang Orca). You can probably guess that this is a Mirio upgrade request. So basically Mirio arrives and is able to beat(?) or at least slow down the Nomu that was attacking Burnin' with what I can only assume was a punch based on what we see. He also then later arrives to protect Best Jeanist, and in doing so sends multiple attacking Nomu flying. He later admits that he cannot one-shot these Nomu, and calls for help when they all attack at once. He then goes on to fight a big Nomu, and while doing so he states that the Near High-Ends are all as strong as the High-End from Kyuushu which is Hood. Though, this is just Horikoshi's signature weird Nomu scaling and I don't think they should be relative to Hood. Though, I do believe they should be comparable to the 5 encountered at the Lab by Mirko, Crust and others.

I am under the belief that they should stack up somewhat to those 5 Nomu in terms of speed and strength, but not knowledge since only those 5 had "any sort of testing phase" as stated by the doctors. Then, similar to how they wouldn't scale to Hood because of stabilization time, it should be noted that these Near High-End have been fighting pro heroes for over 30 minutes and should be further along in stabilization than the previous 5. The notion that they become stronger with stabilization is of course based on Mirko stating that the 4 she'd fought were getting stronger as they begun to "open their eyes" or "wake up", can't remember exactly.

So yeah, I think this should give Mirio City-Block (8-B) to Multi City-Block (8-A) (Should probably be here if Mirko is, but I'd understand the reluctance). I'd assume this would work for his existing page, but if its believed that a new key should be instated, that'd be fine too. Though, I'm not sure if I'd really think he'd get that much stronger, that'd be a way to avoid a possible upscale to Overhaul. Assuming anyone who responds will know what I'm referring to, but I can provide the evidence if needed of course.

No, Mirio was unable to injure any of the Near High-Ends.

MHA revision are on hold at the moment, so no changes until the current arc ends. But being able to move or send someone flying through the air doesn't mean you injured them. Endeavor sends Shigaraki flying with far getter force than Mirio did to the NHE, and we don't scale Endeavor to Shigaraki's Dura.

Mirio is not scaling to them since, he implied that taking even a single hit from those Nomu would be fatal. And he punched one in the face and failed to do anything. They were just there to serve as a distraction, to make sure they didn't bother Jeanist. Only Nejire has some reason to scale to them, but I'll save that for the thread.

It's very likely the NHE will scale to Hood. Also the Hospital High-Ends could take hits and threaten Endeavor, though that's a discussion for later.

Last edited:
What sort of reaction would be needed exactly for one to conclude that the Nomu's were damaged? I understand what was said, but I would wanna know how you'd see it. I personally think the statement that he can't beat them in one-shot could be implicative that he's still doing damage to some degree.

Also I don't see the implication that a hit would be fatal. He says you don't wanna get tagged by one but you're interpretation sounds pretty exaggerated. Even then, something I forgot to mention was the speed since he's obviously using his quirk to combat and avoid the Nomu. Also Endeavor pretty much one-shot the Woman Nomu when she was restricted by Ryukyu, I'm not sure if I'd entirely agree to them scaling to Hood completely along with his longer stabilization time, etc.

He one shotted her because fire ignores durability (it's on his profile), Endeavor would've one shotted Hood with that first Jet Burn if he didn't have regeneration or if he aimed for the head. He pierced a hole straight through him and ripped his arm off. Woman was not restricted by just Ryukyu, there were multiple heroes holding her down and only for about a second. Endeavor instantly took her out before she could even try to struggle.

We can make that implication because Mirio is High 8-C and was never shown to injure them, it's supporting evidence. He punched one right in the face and nothing happened. It was also never stated he was doing damage, Mirio isn't going to scale to the NHE.

If he injured them, we'd see damage like what Mirko or Crust did to them.

Mirio could only stagger them at best but with no visible damage. Although I'm unsure whether a High 8-C character can do that to a 8-A or potentially 7-C character, but it certainly doesn't scale them on the same level.

He made them move while they're in the air, which just means overpowering their weight.

When on the floor and bracing themselves it was shown he couldn't move them at all. Unless I'm missing something here.

Edit: The only character who may scale is Nejire, who's attack was shown forcing the same NHE Mirio couldn't move into the floor.

He kinda staggered the larger one and hurt it, but Mirio punched it straight in the eyeball (Ch. 294). Not sure if "staggered" is the right word but it looked like he moved its head a little bit.

Nejire is the one closest to scaling but she's already 8-A, it could be possible for her to hold down a possibly 7-C Nomu with multiple hits. If we find out she KOed it or something then maybe.

Depending on the translation for 256 she might've killed it, or maybe someone else did offscreen (But don't take that as any proof). Also The NHE aren't going to be 7-C, since the 7-C calc is very likely going to be dropped. So Endeavor and Shigaraki's AP is either going to be 8-A or Low 7-B, somewhere around there.

We're just putting the revisions on hold until the arc is finished.

I do feel as though when it comes to the initial Nomu it appeared as though he'd done damage, but with no follow up it'd wholly be impossible to prove without a result. When it comes to the massive one(which could potential be even more physically strong) its kind of hard to tell what affect he had on it with his punch entirely. It does look like he caused its head to move back a bit, but I guess what is shown is mostly impact shots without anything 100% showcasing the results of his attack, especially considering the type of scene it takes place in where a lot is happening

Depending on the translation for 256 she might've killed it, or maybe someone else did offscreen (But don't take that as any proof). Also The NHE aren't going to be 7-C, since the 7-C calc is very likely going to be dropped. So Endeavor and Shigaraki's AP is either going to be 8-A or Low 7-B, somewhere around there.

We're just putting the revisions on hold until the arc is finished.
Ended up not giving any more insight on the matter unfortunately

Yakuza Arc Mirio is shown to be equal to Yakuza Arc 8%. The description on his profile implies he can one shot him, or at least I've seen people take it that way.

He did technically oneshot 8% Deku no? Albeit he targeted a specific weakness of a human body, so I suppose it's something doable even if Mirio was slightly weaker.
It should just say comparable to 8% Deku then. One shotting Class 1-A can stay as well, but should be more attributed to his skills I think.

Yeah, the current wording just needs a little change. That can stay, it's just that I've seen people state he one shots him via AP and that's wrong.

The fight with Chisaki showed they were equal, as they did basically identical damage to his arms.

Last edited:
Yeah, the current wording just needs a little change. That can stay, it's just that I've seen people state he one shots him via AP and that's wrong.

The fight with Chisaki showed they were equal, as they did basically identical damage to his arms.
That's wrong. It's not even shown how potent Izuku's punch was on his arm. We can't really say they're equal just because they can both damage someone weaker than them. Obviously, if someone is weaker than two characters he's going to get damaged by them, especially when it was no diff.

And upon further research, a solar plexus is where all your sensitive nerves are and that the diagram which helps you breathe is behind there. It's essentially a pressure point on steroids. Not only that, it's an extremely soft spot on the body to the point where you can't break your hand upon punching it at 100%.

You'd probably have to say Mirio is noticeably weaker than 8% but say he's comparable to 8% somewhat, or say he's decently high into 8-C+. Either option is fine.

Back