• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Doubles: Son Goku and Tetsuo Shima vs. Voldemort and Kai Chisaki

Voldemort is pretty smart, and likely starts by slinging some spells, most of which are lethal. Tetsuo, being arrogant and unstable, probably just gets offed by a death spell eventually.

Then, it's Son Goku vs Kai and Voldemort. Kai isn't really all that helpful here, being just a melee guy, so Son Goku likely flies around and bombards them, especially avoiding melee with Kai around if he sees what Kai can do.

So, Voldemort eventually just goes invisible and death haxes him too.

Voldemort 1v2s, that's my vote.

Would Avada Kedavra be considered an energy blast? Because Tetsuo has actually managed to block laser blasts before, and would then be able to lolnope AK around and away from him in that case. The only times he was ever injured by lasers like that was when he wasn't able to see it coming.

Worst comes to worst, Voldemort goes invisible so Tetsuo kinda doesn't see it coming. It's worth mentioning that Tetsuo isn't really that smart and is in a 2v1, so it's reasonable that he'd go down first.

True, but he's also extremely bloodlusted in character. Once Voldemort tries to attack him once, he'll become enraged and crush both of them to a pulp.

Yup, seems like Volde 2v1s pretty easily.

Voldemort would have to put up a protego sheild really quickly given Tetsuo's TK.

Starter Pack said:
True, but he's also extremely bloodlusted in character. Once Voldemort tries to attack him once, he'll become enraged and crush both of them to a pulp.
Volde has invis and can ressurrect with potions.

Dargoo Faust said:
Voldemort would have to put up a protego sheild really quickly given Tetsuo's TK.
That's fair. But even if caught off guard, he just revives with his stupidly good regen with potions and makes sure not to make the same mistake.

Dargoo Faust said:
Protego ain't gonna do jack squat when he TK's from every angle.

Also, what potions does Voldemort use? I literally don't remember having any kind of potion like that in the books.

"Regenerationn (Up to Low-Godly with potions; the Regenerationn Potion was able to create him a new body after his soul was ripped from his original one)"

It's on the profile.

I don't think that's combat applicable.

The Regen Potion took him over a decade of prep and outside help.

You mean...the gigantic tub of potion that Peter Pettigrew literally had to drop his deformed body into utilizing several specific ingredients?

On top of being absolutely pulverized by Tetsuo's TK?

Yeah, no. Voldemort's getting squished.

From what I recall of Tetsuo's TK, it's very potent and he doesn't seem to mess around with it due to his instability. And because Kai's most potent ability requires physical touch, I'd argue that Tetsuo likely crushes him before he can do too much.

Goku: "Yeah, let's take them down."

Tetsuo: "Stay out of my way!"

Voldemort: "Cocky, aren't you? Well then, Avada Kedavra!"

>Spell rebounds away, and Tetsuo crushes both of them instantly.

Goku: "Oh. Well, that wasn't any fun."

My vote's on the team of Tetsuo and Goku.

I don't remember him doing it to anyone in the movie tho.

The best he does is throw psychic waves and fly and throw stuff.

I mean, Voldemort could block it with Protego considering it's magic and TK spells exist in HP.

@Chrisras

He literally did though. He crushed a bunch of guards who were in his way in the military base into a bloody pulp. Plus he crushed a tank. Crushing via TK is definitely something he does in character.

@Dargoo

Again, he'd have to protect from all sides. And without the tell of a waving wand like he's used to from the other wizards he's faced, he'll be crushed before he has the time to throw up a barrier.

I feel like potential issues with tetsuo can be mostly mitigated by allowibg for range.

Starter Pack said:
Again, he'd have to protect from all sides. And without the tell of a waving wand like he's used to from the other wizards he's faced, he'll be crushed before he has the time to throw up a barrier.
Non-verbal magic is a thing and a thing Voldemort has fought with and practiced before, though.

Wizards far less skilled than Voldemort can produce an Omnidirectional Protego charm.

There's also the fact that he's arrogant beyond belief and can be damaged easily if people can take advantage of it.

Plus, if a fight goes on long enough, Tetsuo will begin to mutate into the "Nightmare Baby Blob," and will become a bigger target for people to attack. That is, unless they don't get swallowed and crushed by his mutating form.

Dargoo Faust said:
Non-verbal magic is a thing and a thing Voldemort has fought with and practiced before, though.

Wizards far less skilled than Voldemort can produce an Omnidirectional Protego charm.
Fair enough. Though, the biggest warning he might give is that he screams at his opponent, which is not really how wizards typically cast their spells.

Even if he can get the charm up, he'd have to maintain it in order to keep Tetsuo from crushing him. Plus, Goku could potentially compound his problems by launching a Kamehameha Wave at him as well.

And I'm not sure if he would have the opportunity to Apparate to somewhere else in this situation either.

@Wok

I mean, I guess. TK crush seems to invalidate a bunch of matches.

But I guess, back to this one, can TK even be equalized to magic here? We also have Goku who uses ki, and Kai whose quirk is biologically based. There doesn't seem to be a plausible reason to equalize the four different things. Tetsuo's Tk, iirc, has nothing to do with magic. Quirks are biological, and ki is explicitly different from magic in dbz lore. It doesn't seem like anything can be equalized here.

Though I do agree with starter. Tetsuo has no wand to wave so the only reason Voldemort would have to know that Tetsuo is doing something is the fact that the dude is unstable. But even then, Voldemort wouldn't know what specifically. Plus, Tetsuo can attempt a crush multiple times in a row.

Really? Huh. Because a lot of my argument was based around the assumption that he could block AK with his auto-barrier.

Because if not, then what TPK said would likely happen. So...that's a bit of a stick.

(I still do think that it's similar enough to the laser guns that characters like Kaneda uses to be applicable, but that's just me.)

Avada Kadavera can be blocked by physical objects, although from what I recall it bypasses magical barriers.

Well, actually...

If the argument is centered around a physical barrier, then that will work. Offensive projectile spells in HP disperse on contact with solid surfaces, and AK is one of those.

Although he doesn't always start with that. He's started with Petrificus, Crucio, and a few others before as well.

Crucio attacks the body directly and doesn't have a travel time, although Petrificus is a projectile spell from what I remember.

If the argument is centered around a magic-based barrier AK would just go straight through it.

Its not. It's centered around a telekinetic one, if I'm reading correctly.

Although it's likely that AK would ignore that too, now that I think about it

So, in other words, if Voldemort starts with AK, Tetsuo is dead. If not, Tetsuo crushes him

(BTW, Crucio might cause immense pain, but considering Tetsuo was already suffering from immense pain before, it would only entice him to lash out and crush him regardless.)

If Kai becomes a bloody puddle on the ground due to a TK crush, that really doesn't help anyone.

Why would someone with High 8-C dura turn to a puddle from a High 8-C attack, assuming Tetsuo doesn't have a massive AP advantage.

Voldemort is honestly more likely to open with AK in a match.

Kia healing/fusing with Voldemort helps though.

Class M TK Lifting Strength says crushed into tomato juice.

Tetsuo can still dodge. And Goku can also distract Voldemort as well.

Never said it couldn't. Just that Tetsuo's likely gonna turn him into a stain first.

Lifting strength says nothing of durability. Kai can survive High 8-C attacks, therefore High 8-C TK shouldn't kill him. I thought we debunked that whole lifting strength thing Ages ago.

Like seriously, would Tetsuo's TK crush a 5-B character with inferior lifting strength? It makes no sense.

Goku distracting Voldemort is tantamount to Voldemort having to say AK two times.

By the time Voldemort would finish casting at Goku, who I am pretty sure would be able to dodge a lot better than Tetsuo, he would be under assault from the TK of Tetsuo.

That assumes Voldemort's first target isn't Tetsuo and that Kai doesn't do anything.

Back