• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3PLsgp
Thirteenth round of the High 8-C Brackets Begins! The winner of the last round was my crippling depression.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates the fighter was disqualified or was stomped)

Hub

The contenders for this round are Chelsea Mamonarge, submitted by DontTalkDT and Garland (Final Fantasy I), submitted by PsychoMaster35.

Base Garland at High 8-C is used, Speed is Equalized. Battle takes place at an abandoned Beacon Academy, 20m away.

Chelsea has a 2.633 Ton feat, Garland shitstomps high end Building level characters I assume.

Garland (Final Fantasy I) -

Chelsea Mamonarge - 6 (DontTalk, Ricsi, Jacky, Therefir, Litentric, Versus)

Incon -

Garland pic
3069998.JPG

That resistance to time manipulation sucks for Garland

buuut he's likely more experience with cqc but nothing stops Chelsea from flying up and using range to her advantage... huh.

Interesting

So, according to the hub Garlands Reality Warping and Time Manipulation aren't appliciable in base.

With that in mind we see that the range of his base key is extended melee range.

Given that he lacks flight that would mean that Chelsea will just fly outside his range, while spamming flames, until Garland boils in his armor.

Garland should have the higher AP (Although since it's through scaling above statements I doubt it's that extreme) and has his own ranged magic + can still amp his speed with time manip.

Also it seems the time manip is only for Chaos.

DontTalkDT said:
With that in mind we see that the range of his base key is extended melee range.

• Cyclone: Garland swings his sword to create two enormous tornadoes that follow foes and reflect incoming attacks and projectiles.
  • Earthquake: Garland configures his sword into his axe form and slams it into the ground, causing a localized earthquake which shifts and fragments the surrounding area into jagged spikes that can impale enemies.
  • Tsunami: Garland throws his sword at the floor in its whip form, allowing it to snake towards the opponent and release explosive plumes of water in its wake.
That doesn't look like extended melee range.

Projectile spam might work against her favor if Cyclone can disperse/reflect her attacks.

I mean, Chelsea can tank plently of attacks on her own level and is not only a good offensive danmaku fighter, but also capable of dodging danmaku herself.

I don't think she would easily be hit by her reflected attacks, not to mention that many of her attacks don't really originate from her, meaning that a reflection wouldn't send them back at her either.

Now, earthquake sounds useless if Chelsea flies. Since Chelsea can set the entire floor on fire Galand not only will likely recieve continous damage, but Tsunami would also be weakened by the flames.

Since Chelsea is, as mentioned, capable of dealing with danmaku stuff I would think she can deal with most of Galands projectiles. With the rain of fire and/or explosive balls, together with the burning floor Chelsea should win before Garland can take her down, given that she is both good at dodging and pretty tanky with the elixirs.

She can also use wrath of god, which I think would neither be reflected nor dodged, to get some damage in.

That seems fair; Garland doesn't strike me as someone who can win a ranged battle very easily in his first key anyways.

Chelsea - 1 (DontTalk)

Ah, im here, guys! Thanks for waiting! Now: time to defend myself. Now, its pretty clear that Garland is much stronger, durable, more stamina, and more experienced than Chelsea. While Chelsea has ranged attacks, so does Garland, at a better extent with more AoE attacks that im sure she cant dodge. And you say Chelsea has fire? Garland has Tsunami, which is water, so it can thaw out the flames! I am aware Chelsea is smarter with better hax, but even with hax like that such as reversing time, that time only works for, like, 1-2 seconds from clips ive seen her use that. She cant even harm Garland, after all. And also, I believe Garland is missing a few things in his abilities that I believe he shouldve had. A thread of adding additional abilities to him can be found here. Now you will surely regret this once you see my text. Good Day.

So, I'm just wondering. Where do Garlands stats actually come from? How high of a feat have the people he scales above actually shown?

>more stamina

Based on what? His profile gives no justification and stamina isn't standardized.

>better ranged attacks

Than Chelsea's Bullet spam from multiple directions? I would question that.

>Can't harm Garland

What?

He scales to the Vampire, whhich is claimed that he destroyed a large Church Building. Though, I believe that needs to be calced.

Multiple directions, you say? Then AoE counters that. Even if they DID hit Garland, remember he is more durable, so he tanks them well. The fact you say Chelsea burns Garlands armor is just mechanics and he takes neutral damage from it.

Unless that feat is calced, that would place him unquantified above baseline. That would mean he doesn't even have a stat advantage here.

If he can continously AoE spam omnidirectional attacks for minutes, maybe. Otherwise, it doesn't counter that.

Btw. when it comes to abilities which are not on the profile yet, I wouldn't consider them. Characters currently undergoing CRT shouldn't have been nominated for a reason.

Oh yeah, and the moment Garland buffs himself, yeah, Chelsea rather gets one-shot big time, really. Plus, Chelsea tries to fly, but Garland does Thundaga, shooting her down (Yes, Thundaga can be used in his base form, shown here).

Psychomaster35 said:
Plus, Chelsea tries to fly, but Garland does Thundaga, shooting her down (Yes, Thundaga can be used in his base form, shown here).
Chelsea usually doesn't come down just from being hit and, as said, is rather good at dodging.

Well, eventually at some point, she WILL get hit and fall giving Garland an oppertunity to get in close for close ranged moves, in which his close moves are rather better than that of Chelseas. Combine that with a buff to Garland and an elemental reduction (Dark) to Chelsea and thats overkill.

I would say the "eventually" is rather on Chelsea's side. That is, I see Galand dying before she gets hit by that.

And yeah, she can just fly back up.

She can just begin dodging the Thundaga again. You are mistaken if you believe her dodging ability is tied to flying.

To that comes possible use of the vermillion rod. For the 10 seconds that is active he will have a hard time acting against her.

Jackythejack said:
Hey quick question: how do those elixirs work? From what I read they seem useful
The moment her HP reach 0 an exilir restores it to 100% by itself.

So...that sounds really rough for Garland to handle. She doesn't even have to like manually drink it? That's real useful.

She could just come back from a real devastating blow at that point on. And she's got like twenty of them so that's super useful

It is super useful. Although, I should point out that we probably shouldn't assume that they can regrow an arm or can replace an eyeball or anything like that. It's enough to heal any injuries she would usually get from attacks on her level, though.

So 20 times she has to die, huh? I must say, thats impressive. However. That does not stop me from trying to defend myself. See, to the point that I see Chelsea focusing more on ranged attacks, say hello to Cyclone! This move on Garland can basically reflect her projectile attacks right back at her. And with the strength and durability to keep up, he should eventually kill Chelsea within a few hits dealing very hard damage to her, and will eventually live up to the 20th Elixir used so she can die permanently.

Your arguments don't convince me, I don't see how Garland can practically kill Chelsea 20 times in a row.

Besides, Garland is like baseline High 8-C, and Chelsea is stronger than him, so he can't kill her in a few hits.

Chelsea - 4 (DontTalk, Ricsi, Jacky, Therefir)

Garland - 1 (Psycho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back