• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A REBirth Tournament Round 10 (Xiao vs Lucario)

So much for a tourney trying to play it as safe as possible without amps even if the match cant get added

Tbf, can the match really not be added when the amps pretty much boost you a tier? IIRC, you can restrict stuff that can boost you up a tier.

What is happening here, you people are killing me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

If Lucarios Amps are proper multipliers, they would amp Lucario into a higher tier and would thus be perfectly restrictable.

Nice, but anyways my point from earlier still stands, except now Xiao has every stat advatage, Lucario does have the wincon of spamming Extreme Speed which Xiao can't really react to, but I still think it's more likely that Xiao would find an opening to end Lucario.

Xiao FRA

Lucario just uses aura sphere from 4 kilometers away before charging in with extreme speed maybe changing aura sphere to stun or use force palm to paralyze.

What is happening here, you people are killing me aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

If Lucarios Amps are proper multipliers, they would amp Lucario into a higher tier and would thus be perfectly restrictable.
His "Half the defense of the enemy" can't be restricted I think because it doesn't grant him a new tier, Neither does his extreme speed amp because the profiles just list it as higher not a new tier. But if xiao beats him here then Ig it doesn't matter

extreme speed is an attack with amplified speed but the effect doesn't last post-usage.
Lucario still has damn swell prediction powers and extreme senses via aura not to mention his aura gets amplified the more he takes damage.

So can all of his amps and debuffs be restricted? or only the ones that go out of tier, Also I don't think he has a set value for his FTL rating so Ig he's baseline? (correct me if Im wrong) so if he amps to like 3x or 4x then he wouldn't do out of tier. and again, he can still halve the opponent's defenses

Pretty sure the only thing we can restrict is AP amps. If we restrict anything else, I don't think the match could be added.

So can all of his amps and debuffs be restricted? or only the ones that go out of tier, Also I don't think he has a set value for his FTL rating so Ig he's baseline? (correct me if Im wrong) so if he amps to like 3x or 4x then he wouldn't do out of tier. and again, he can still halve the opponent's defenses
speed is equalized

I mean Metal Sound is pretty worthless since it only halves Special Defence, which only helps Lucario's Aura Sphere and Vacuum Wave here, Vacuum Wave is just a weaker and slower version of Extreme Speed and Aura Sphere get's countered by Xiao's shield, so I don't see a reason to restrict it.

I don't know the specifics of lucario's amps, just going off from what I've heard so I'll apologize if I make an amp sound more OP than it is.

Is it a shield that simply buffs his durability or negates attacks? And does it break in a few hits or a certain time?

How the shield works is that it's a shield vision users can puts up around them, and can use it as long as they have the energy for it (aka stamina), and can take attacks before it breaks, but if recast would be undamaged again, but it can break if it get's hit to any times or with an attack much higher then it's own dura, and it also has higher dura then the user by an unkown degree.

Has anyone voted yet?

Also regarding the shield. If we're scaling onto existing elemental shields. Shields can protect against intangible attacks like wind, electricity, and is overall very solid in protecting the entire user from most attacks until they are broken.

Since the amps of Lucario seem like some take time, some don't really help in this fight or are restricted do to make him jump tier then I think that Xiao can indeed take this for what Ronin119 said, aditionally if the fight take to long Lucario could be affected by the disease manip of elemental energy or the corruption of Xiao, so my vote go to Xiao.

Pretty sure a MHS Character can travel 4 kilometers in less than a second, Xiao's not baseline either, he upscales from natural lightning

I guess the cinematic time equivalent for Oh their ftl now, I mean if it took real seconds in a fight with FTL opponents you wouldn't survive using it.

Lucario is lowered down to Xiao's speed though.
Still not going to reach before the amp.
Point still stands however I just fact checked something pokemon's cal is over 3 giga tons lowest stats can rise is 1.5x which is 4.5 gigatons High 7-A peaks at 4.3 gigatons to in other words that sucks can we ban Xiao from amping above lucario. Via
his Masked form which gives a massive AP increase (108% amp, and every 3 seconds he's in the state, he gains 5% more AP, up to 25% bonus damage).

Simple we are banning lucario from using any amps because it reaches 6-C why should Xiao get to use amps and assuming the spear is 2 gigatons it gives him a higher ranging with it so it being less than 2x is being nice he pushes pass the limit with the mask reaching 4.66 gigatons

It depends on how long he can stay with the mask on because of that 5% AP for every 3 seconds but his initial 108% wouldn't push him to 6-C

What are we going to make it so he takes his mask off every couple seconds. Does he do that in character if not we shouldn't change his character to allow him to that's not reasonable.

No, I never said that, But the mask could have a time limit or something. That's why I said it depends on how long he can stay with the mask on.

Back