• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Higashikawa Mamoru vs Contessa

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Higashikawa Mamoru vs Contessa

I saw her page and 2 match ups came to mind. This is the first one.

Mamoru gets a knife to make up for Contessa's slightly better stats.

Otherwise SBA.

With "continue using this template" you mean to just continue debating the fight in this thread?

If so, sure.

I'd lean towards Mamoru. Contessa can beat Probability Manipulators but Mamoru is a ''really good one'' thanks to his absurd luck. I dunno how she's supposed to land an attack.

None of the lucky things that can happen in his favor in this scenario are fatal to Contessa, as PTV will make it so it won't happen.

This, my brothers and sisters, is the perfect example of an utterly Inconclusive match.

Mamoru: 1

Contessa: 0

Inconclusive: 1

Kepekley23 said:
None of the lucky things that can happen in his favor in this scenario are fatal to Contessa, as PTV will make it so it won't happen.
PTV can't make anything not happen, or happen. It just tells the user what steps are required to succeed at any goal

You misunderstood what I meant. PTV will make Contessa avoid the places where his insane luck would kick in. Again, as long as there is the smallest, tiniest sliver of chance it can happen, it will. That's the whole point.

Contessa will more just avoid anything that will put her in a situation where she could be killed or incapacitated

^

Was wondering that myself. Mamoru'sa luck was capable of altering the past or something to resurrect the people who's deaths were required for him to gain the power in the first place.

Seeing as Contessa's power works by simulating the multiverse, something outside time and causality might not be so easily simulated.

Yeah, that's true. I'd go with Inconclusive, leaning towards Mamoru.

If Mamoru can't be simulated then Contessa will lose. not voting yet, but Mamoru seems superior at first glance.

worst case scenario, Mamoru's Luck might cause Entity-supercomputer to suddenly crash.

but it seems Contessa Shard>>Probability Manipulation (I don't remember any such instance though)

• "It looks like this just isn't going to work. At this distance, it is infinite. Even if we brought in a Gatling gun or a shoulder-fired missile, we cannot kill each other. That is simply the type of character we have been constructed as."
  • We each have a great power that calls in success, so we will always automatically avoid death no matter how hard we try. This is a world where we could fight for 100 years and never reach a conclusion. …There is still much to research about the absurd. After all, this has even twisted time and continuity."
    "?"
    "You still don't get it? The mechanical malfunctions that saved those nine from death were most likely brought on by the character you have been given. However, when did you acquire that character? As the dealer, I gained the Unbeatable Emperor only after sacrificing those nine to guide in the absurd. Your Ever-Victorious Challenger must be the same. …And yet your power saved those nine. You saved them using the character you obtained from their deaths. What can you call that if not a contradiction? This is a power that can ignore time and continuity, so how are normal weapons like knives and bombs supposed to decide our victory?"
  • The bunny girl snapped her fingers.
    All of the laptops gave off a dazzling light. They were not simply displaying something. The devices themselves had obviously exceeded some sort of limit. The excessive amount of electricity caused them to give off light on the level of a camera flash, but the great burden then caused the laptops to burst to pieces and send sparks flying everywhere.
    Higashikawa thought all of the laptops had been destroyed, but when he looked around the area, he found one laptop that was conveniently unscathed.
    He did not know if it had simply survived or if his power had overturned continuity once more.
  • "The gambling storyline as well as the Unbeatable Emperor and Ever-Victorious Challenger characters gained from it were nothing more than side effects. We had no interest in the gambling story itself. Our objective was to capture the special girl who can be called the guide for all storylines, be they horror, gambling, love comedy, suspense, action, battle, sports, science fiction, or fantasy. Of all the countless storylines derived from the guide, the gambling one was the easiest to use. We tried to work our way back from there to approach Alice, the guide. …That is what this story really is."
I'm pretty sure Mamoru should stomp with what I'm 90% sure is actually past-altering plot hax.

I'm going to vote Inconclusive as well, due to the ridiculous natures of the both character's abilities. Contessa's perfect precognition should allow her to avoid literally anything that Mamoru sends her way, and yet Mamoru's absolutely stupid luck will allow him to avoid everything that Contessa tries to send his way. He does something, she reacts perfectly to it. She does something, and he will be able to react to it through sheer luck. Both abilities counteract each other and this in turn becomes one of the foggiest conclusions of all. I do not think there's a really solid answer of who could land a solid blow, if at all, so I'll back an Inconclusive vote.

Winner: Inconclusive

okay, after seeing Monarch's quotes I'm now voting for Mamoru. His power can bend narrative to his advantage. the true nature of his power is 'Limited Story Control', 'Luck' or 'Probability Manipulation' maybe just side effect of that.

Mamoru himself is a slave to the Characteristics the Author assigned him to. and in order to fullfill said Characteristics, even Continuity, Time, and Space has no meaning. his 'Control' extend over the entire timeline. so I have no doubt that Mamoru's very nature can crash Contessa Shard just as it had been able to cause everything to misfire... or conviniently make one Laptop intact where others are destroyed.

Again, I ask, what's Contessa's defense against Probability Manipulation suddenly increasing the probability of 'Contessa Shard Crashing' into 100%?

Contessa know everything in the future? but there's a possibility that it cannot predict the future given the nature of Mamoru's Acausality, which may or may not be able to be simulated. just the slighest chance of failing and Mamoru's Absurdity will milk it for all its worth

(Probability of Failing to predict the future : turned into 100% all the time.

Steps to prevent that? sorry, error cannot gather data from the future, Probability Manipulation messed around too much with Causality)

Even ignoring the plot hax bit.

Kinda hard to predict something based on a simulation, if the person your fighting alters the past to make sure they have everything they need.

Monarch Laciel said:
Even ignoring the plot hax bit.

Kinda hard to predict something based on a simulation, if the person your fighting alters the past to make sure they have everything they need.
Probability of his Luck escalating to the point that it retcon the existence of Entities themselves? [0,00000001%]
...oh wait, he can alter the very probability of that XD

though, that sounds like NLF honestly. I don't think his limit extends to 'being able to wipe entire race out of existence'.

Plot is the cause, but not the effect. Mamoru's ability isn't plot manipulation, it's "just" supernatural luck beyond continuity.

He can't make something happen that is impossible. He's not quite on TÛr's level in that regards.

He might not be able to make something happen that is impossible... but he can mess with the past until it is possible.

Monarch Laciel said:
He might not be able to make something happen that is impossible... but he can mess with the past until it is possible.
No matter how much he messes with the past, he ain't shooting laser beams from his eye, though.

No matter how much he messes with the past, he ain't shooting laser beams from his eye, though.

Well, no.

But he could for instance make it so that something that was destroyed is actually intact, something dead is actually alive, etc

Back