• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hidan VS Zabuza

Depends on the conditions conditions IMO. In a straightforward confrontation, this would be a stomp for Hidan since he should comfortably outclass Zabuza, but if both characters had prior knowledge of the other, that would give Zabuza the edge as he could just put up a mist and decapitate Hidan, ending the fight in a second.

Zabuza doesn't exactly go into his opponents head-on in a straight-forward manner (except when he fought Naruto and Sasuke, who were mere Genin, so it's understandable for him to underestimate them).

Zabuza obviously wont know about Hidan's ability, but he'd open with his fog jutsu, which already gives him the advantage. He would then go in for either a decap or cleave Hidan in half. Hidan is very reckless and often gets caught off-guard, relying solely on his immortality to carry through the fight.

Even if Zabuza somehow messed up by either cutting him deeply or impaling him, he will then realize Hidan can't be killed through normal means, and Hidan wouldn't be able to immediately counter anyways due to the fog obscuring his vision. Zabuza would either use water clones or water prison, then opt to cut Hidan's head off to see if it works, which it would.

Hidan's win conditions are too difficult for him to pull off successfully one-on-one with an opponent who can match him, and use trickery to throw him off. Cuz first, he has to put down his mark, then get blood from his target before returning to the previously made mark. By this time, He'll likely be dead, unless he got REALLY lucky and Zabuza messed up big time.

Zabuza takes a majority low-diff, the rest either mid-diff or he loses via rare stupidity.

CinCameron20 said:
Zabuza doesn't exactly go into his opponents head-on in a straight-forward manner (except when he fought Naruto and Sasuke, who were mere Genin, so it's understandable for him to underestimate them).
Zabuza obviously wont know about Hidan's ability, but he'd open with his fog jutsu, which already gives him the advantage. He would then go in for either a decap or cleave Hidan in half. Hidan is very reckless and often gets caught off-guard, relying solely on his immortality to carry through the fight.

Even if Zabuza somehow messed up by either cutting him deeply or impaling him, he will then realize Hidan can't be killed through normal means, and Hidan wouldn't be able to immediately counter anyways due to the fog obscuring his vision. Zabuza would either use water clones or water prison, then opt to cut Hidan's head off to see if it works, which it would.

Hidan's win conditions are too difficult for him to pull off successfully one-on-one with an opponent who can match him, and use trickery to throw him off. Cuz first, he has to put down his mark, then get blood from his target before returning to the previously made mark. By this time, He'll likely be dead, unless he got REALLY lucky and Zabuza messed up big time.

Zabuza takes a majority low-diff, the rest either mid-diff or he loses via rare stupidity.

While Zabuza doesn't go straigh on his opponent, Hidan isn't as reckless as you make him out. He tanks damage which is obvious, but he's not slow. Hidan has show himself to be fully capable of taking on multiple opponents at once, keeping pace with pt 2 Kakashi, and could take out a Bjiuu host. Zabuza's feats are not as impressive and his main style of combat requires him to close to Hidan.

Second, cutting off Hidan's head wouldn't kill him nor is Zabuza quick enough to devlier a fatal blow. If he was that quick, then he would have tried to cut off pt 1 Kakashi's head. On top of that, Hidan only makes the mark after he cuts his opponent and Hidian's weapon has much more range on if than Zabuza's blade. It's also to note that Zabuza likely needs water source. All and all, Hidan outclasses Zabuza in basically all aspects.

Legacyadria said:
Proxyisgod said:
Easily Hidan.
Couldn't Zabuza incapacitate Hidan in one blow, with his fog technique?
This is assuming that Zabuza is quick enough. Pt 1 Kakashi could keep pace with him and Hidan was able to keep pace with Kakashi as well. So there's no reason to assume that Zabuza is that much faster than Hidan. They should be on part in regards to speed (honestly Hidan is probably faster due to keeping up with pt 2 Kakashi).

Sword users kinda neg Hidan's immortality since he can't reattach cut off limbs etc himself (To our knowledge) so a quick decapitation (Which Zabuza will go for) will end it.

They're pretty much equal stats wise according to their profiles but Hidan is just stupid and supremely over-confident.

I also vote for Zabuza.

Hidan gets my vote. He has the speed advantage. Most likely has the advantage of knowing Zabuza because of Kisame. He has the mid range advantage as well because he can extend his weapon with iron chains on it.

So not only these Hidan overwhelm Zabuza with speed he actually holds the AP advantage as well as the durability advantage.

Hidan isn't an idiot as well especially if he knows he has the advantage. He will just let himself take a little damage then when the opponent thinks they are at an advantage Hidan stops fooling around and hits them and draws blood

@Astral - you can't assume Hidan will be knowledgeable about x character because he is acquainted with y character with 0 suggestion that this is the case. That's ridiculous.

Keep in mind that Kakashi was not only fighting Hidan, but also at least 1 or 2 of Kakuzu's elemental puppets as well. Kakashi outwitted Hidan despite this and kept pace with him despite having at least 1 other opponent to deal with simultaneously.

Zabuza will always start out with Hidden Mist because that's his forte and we see him use it first in every instance he is in combat. Hidan wont see him, and he's likely going to be thrown off and make a fuss about it, and all Zabuza has to do is land a decapitating strike--WHICH HE GOES FOR EVERY TIME.

So you're suggesting a) Hidden Mist is just nulled by Hidan on the assumption that he knows about it from a character he knows but is never shown communicating with, b) Hidan is faster than Zabuza because he kept up with Kakashi with assistance from Kakuzu and c) you believe Zabuza will just deal light damage and get cocky when he goes for killing blows every single time unless he's against genin level opponents like Sasuke and Naruto at the time (Granted, it was a Water Clone, not Zabuza himself).

• Also, Zabuza has the range advantage via water jutsu, not Hidan.
With Hidden Mist up, Zabuza has ALL the time he needs to prepare for his next attack while observing Hidan's movements, who in turn wont be aware of the former's location. Zabuza either goes in for a sneak attack, or distracts with a water clone then follows up while Hidan is distracted. In character, Hidan is reckless and arrogant, so he will play around until it's too late. His only counter is his superior weaponry, which wont come into play if Zabuza gets in close before Hidan can process what is happening.

CinCameron20 said:
@Astral - you can't assume Hidan will be knowledgeable about x character because he is acquainted with y character with 0 suggestion that this is the case. That's ridiculous.

Keep in mind that Kakashi was not only fighting Hidan, but also at least 1 or 2 of Kakuzu's elemental puppets as well. Kakashi outwitted Hidan despite this and kept pace with him despite having at least 1 other opponent to deal with simultaneously.

Zabuza will always start out with Hidden Mist because that's his forte and we see him use it first in every instance he is in combat. Hidan wont see him, and he's likely going to be thrown off and make a fuss about it, and all Zabuza has to do is land a decapitating strike--WHICH HE GOES FOR EVERY TIME.

So you're suggesting a) Hidden Mist is just nulled by Hidan on the assumption that he knows about it from a character he knows but is never shown communicating with, b) Hidan is faster than Zabuza because he kept up with Kakashi with assistance from Kakuzu and c) you believe Zabuza will just deal light damage and get cocky when he goes for killing blows every single time unless he's against genin level opponents like Sasuke and Naruto at the time (Granted, it was a Water Clone, not Zabuza himself).
Agreed. Zabuza FRA.

Yea I vote Zabuza for CinCameron's reasons

Zabuza also has water clones and water prison Jutsu

Tbh I agree with Cin. Zabuza's fighting style counters Hidan's. He would lay down the mist and then go for silent killing likely with a water clone to decapitate Hidan. All of this completely neutralises Hidan's fighting style and hax.

@Cin you only responded to my argument about Hidan have knowledge on Zabuza why?

Hidan has the speed advantage and the AP advantage.

Not only that but this fight starts 20 meters away from each other so him using the Fog gives Hidan a heads up to stay alert.

Hidan is also a trained ninja who can all feel and sense the bloodlust of an opponent. Especially someone like Zabuza.

Con u are basically saying someone like Hidan who has the speed advantage way over Zabuza isn't going to be able to react to an attack from a slower character???

The Kakashi argument is very irrelevant. Hidan scales to Kakashi. That's the point. Kakashi(Immortal arc)> Pre Time Skip Kakashi.

I don't think people read the profiles. If anything if I'm correct I'm pretty sure Hidan speed blitzes Zabuza

tbh the reason I think he wont react is due to silent killing, he does not have a sharingan like Kakashi and I am sure silent killing is meant to be capable of breaching a ninja's bloodlust senses.

Also let's not pretend like Hidan is some kind of genius or anything. He's actually pretty reckless and relies too much on his immortality, but without Kakuzu there to stitch him up it's pretty much useless.

And Zabuza kept up with war arc kakashi somewhat(though I believe on the wiki it's not acknowledged) ..but it's still something to consider imo. Plus I think Zabuza is more versatile and has more jutsu that he displayed.

We don't scale Zabuza to war arc Kakashi so that's not even relevant.

I went back and read the manga also.

Kakashi used pure reactions to react to Zabuza. He didn't use the sharingan. Not even that Zabuza made sounds where he could be heard

Also guys...Hidan is like Mach 2000. This man would speed blitz Zabuza I'm pretty sure. If not he overwhelms and kills him.

Better yet Hidden Mist jutsu isn't even what he would do first in character. He clashes with the opponent.

He used Hidden mist jutsu that time because he wanted to kill his target.

I'm really glad I can go pull the manga up anytime.

zabuza is amove mach 1000 so the difference in speed is barely 2 times, stealthh makes it much easier, Hidan has him beat him AP and speed but Zabuza's abilities are a bad matchup for Hidan. I mean he wants to kill his target here as well so Hidden mist makes sense.

Also water clones could be a useful diversion, though I will admit if Zabuza doesn't play it safe he'll definitely lose badly

Rocker1189 said:
Zabuza's character means that he would luckily for him play it the best way he can to win the fight.
I think so too I just didn't wanna sound too biased towards zabuza

Back