• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hero of Lore revision

@Kowt

Not sure how Dragonfable handles this but there is never really any point in the storyline where you are restricted to certain classes.

ProfessorLord said:
How is that immeasurable speed?
Hero: OK. Fair point. Hero: Let's get back to Kimberly and find a way out of this place.

Cysero: Why don't you just /join somewhere else?

Hero: Stop that. It ruins the story. Let's go.

• kind of implies that the /join function is something that the Hero of Lore isn't restricted from using in the storyline

I think that is every game actually. If you have enough AC or whatever respective tokens, you can get said version of the class/armor.

Professor, would sort of game wouldn't let you fight a enemy? "u got power of star so u destroy planet"

this is literally a game mechanic by definition, its done like that to make the game actually playable

this is like saying a RPG item, which has the descrpition of being able to destroy the universe, being invalid because it doesn't destroy it ingame.

There are too many replies for me to keep track of with lots of other tasks to take care of, so I will unsubscribe to this thread.

You can place a note on my message wall after you have reached a conclusion.

DnW0 said:
ProfessorLord said:
How is that immeasurable speed?
Hero: OK. Fair point.
Hero: Let's get back to Kimberly and find a way out of this place.

Cysero: Why don't you just /join somewhere else?

Hero: Stop that. It ruins the story. Let's go.

• kind of implies that the /join function is something that the Hero of Lore isn't restricted from using in the storyline
Sounds like toonforce, which is already on his profile.

He already has immeasurable speed.

Eternal Chronomancers are stated to "transcend space and time and can be in all dimensions and infinities at once"

Hykuu said:
Professor, would sort of game wouldn't let you fight a enemy? "u got power of star so u destroy planet"
this is literally a game mechanic by definition, its done like that to make the game actually playable

this is like saying a RPG item, which has the descrpition of being able to destroy the universe, being invalid because it doesn't destroy it ingame.
Yes, because there is literally no metric for its basis other than an item description. It has not demonstrated any of its power whatsoever. Furthermore it's coming from a known source where the developers and authors love to put their gags and jokes.

It doesn't even do any amount of destruction to what is being implied.

Of course there isn't, refer to my comment, I don't know how you think them loving to make Jokes means every description is a joke

tell me what sort of joke ex. transcend space and time and can be in all dimensions and infinities at once"

The item descrpitions used are not meant to be sarcastic, nothing implies that, you have no reason to extend that logic needlesly to other items

" would sort of game wouldn't let you fight a enemy? "u got power of star so u destroy planet"

this is literally a game mechanic by definition, its done like that to make the game actually playable"

repeating yourself doesn't prove anything.

@Hykuu

if that ability was added to the profile, then every single boss character that fought with the Hero of Lore would have Star+ durability and then things like Lionfang falling off the mountain, Hero of Lore failing to defeat Quetzal without the Sword of Hope, Vath and Roc Rock felled by Stalagbite, wouldn't make any sense

" would sort of game wouldn't let you fight a enemy? "u got power of star so u destroy planet"

this is literally a game mechanic by definition, its done like that to make the game actually playable"

Hykuu said:
having the Lightcaster class has nothing to do with being able to fight an enemy

I have read your comment already. They are notorious for including jokes, banter and sarcasm within the descriptions of items... it is not out of the realm of possibility for this to also include exaggeration.

I am taking the description with a grain of salt, because it demonstrates 0% of what it claims.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. We ultimately do not have proof that the item actually punches with the force of the sun, therefore we can not assume it does.

I don't know how you think them loving to make Jokes means every description is a joke

tell me what sort of joke ex. transcend space and time and can be in all dimensions and infinities at once"

The item descrpitions used are not meant to be sarcastic, nothing implies that, you have no reason to extend that logic needlesly to other items

" having the Lightcaster class has nothing to do with being able to fight an enemy "

>Game mechanic

alright, so does everyone who fight against bounty hunter while he uses the hexglaive in dungeon hunter have resistance to probaility manipulation?

Rip Destiny's casuality and existence erasure weapons?

I suggest that we should treat only rep classes(AQW) and story linked classes(DF) as canon. Special offer classes are just the $$$.

Because once you violate the sole source of pure information with jokes and banter of any kind, it violates the integrity of said information.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Show me where they punch with the force of the star and I will believe you.

Kowt said:
I suggest that we should treat only rep classes(AQW) and story linked classes(DF) as canon. Special offer classes are just the $$$.
let's not, since classes play pretty much zero role in how the storyline goes, it's better to just include them all

I agree, we include only what all classes demonstrate they can do.

For a class to really punch with the energy of a star, we must see it do so in the attack animations. For a class to really manipulate time, we must see it in the mechanics.

Holy shit

" I don't know how you think them loving to make Jokes means every description is a joke

The item descrpitions used are not meant to be sarcastic, nothing implies that, you have no reason to extend that logic needlesly to other items "

Just because the fact they haven't shown it, doesn't mean its invalid, unless you are also trying to say everyone the hero fights has immeasurable speed now.

This isn't how it works, there are multiple games who use their ha by descrpitions and we acceept them, the classes are already used as hax in the profiles, the "extraordinary" claim here is yours, this logic would virtually change almost every RPG.

Also no, I don't need to show proof, reversal burden of proof

I

Item descriptions of other verses do not use witty jokes and banter within their descriptions, so it makes it really easy for them to scale off of. Furthermore they also tend to, you know, demonstrate that the descriptions are actually true. False equivalency.

I don't know what this immeasureable speed argument is now but I'm sure its more fallacious wank. We only go by what characters have acknowledged or have demonstrated. Item descriptions seem to be inconsistent, at least in AQW.

I can't show you proof of it not hitting with the force of a sun. You need to show me that it does.

@Hykuu

there aren't any rpg games that have nonsense descriptions like that.

In addition to that, the Burned By Light thing has nothing to do with the storyline and it will only be labeled as an Energy Manipulation ability instead of a Star level power

@DnW0 Yeah, it plays zero roles in the storyline, but I was referring to how we take the classes or the skills' statements as AP and abilities.

Kowt said:
For example, immeasurable speed doesn't seem very consistent to me.
we're probably not going to include the immeasurable thing, but the abilities of those classes are totally valid because they don't specify on AP or anything

ProfessorLord said:
Item descriptions of other verses do not use witty jokes and banter within their descriptions, so it makes it really easy for them to scale off of. Furthermore they also tend to, you know, demonstrate that the descriptions are actually true. False equivalency.
I don't know what this immeasureable speed argument is now but I'm sure its more fallacious wank. We only go by what characters have acknowledged or have demonstrated. Item descriptions seem to be inconsistent, at least in AQW.

I can't show you proof of it not hitting with the force of a sun. You need to show me that it does.
Of course they don't, i was trying to say not every descrpition for every AQ class or Item is a joke, it doesn't make them Invalid because the Majority are, Dude, you can tell if something is a joke or not, and I don't think you realize i was referring to RPGs who don't demonstrate it.

This is a Class description, not a item, " fallacious wank" idk if you have realized yet you haven't debunked shit, if you want to try pulling stuff like this i suggest you on on discord and dm me, i will be waiting.

"Superman held a star" "Prove this is valid/its a star"

this is the shit you are pulling, it is fallacious, and a reversal Onus by default

DnW0 said:
Kowt said:
we're probably not going to include the immeasurable thing, but the abilities of those classes are totally valid because they don't specify on AP or anything
But if we accepted those classes' abilities, wouldn't we be accepting everything the descriptions say?

DnW0 said:
Kowt said:
Ok, in Destiny Dreg can harm and tank attacks from you, and you can destroy Atheon, who governs a trillion timelines.

and Dreg in lore are far weaker than you, but they disclude the fact they are the weapons to make the game playable, adding a major enemy

because what sort of game wouldn't let you shoot enemies?

now, apply this logic to AQ.

@Hykuu

whatever you're saying about Destiny has no correlation to anything in AQ since there is no super weak creature in aq that can repeatedly tank attacks from a person with lightcaster

tanking 1 hit is enough, lmao.

I was giving a generalized idea, of course it corrlates, it's the same logic

Back