• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Star-Lord
Korath
Kaecilius
Doctor Strange
Remove his resistances to Death's ability since his immortality comes from the Time Stone's loop

Surtur
A VFX article says that Surtur can brandish his sword at Mach 40 (High Hypersonic), I don't know if that could scale to his travel speed since the article talks about how Surtur moved in relation to his size
Hulk
Gorr
Remove his resistances to Death's ability since his immortality comes from his Regeneration
Thor, Jane Foster and Valkyrie
Frigga
Mjölnir
Stormbreaker
Mind Stone
Its durability should be "Unknown, at least High 6-B" since Scarlet Witch, who despite having a similar power signature to the Mind Stone, took a few minutes to destroy it. Dream Manipulation should be removed as the statement comes from the promotion of a toy

Soul Stone
Life Manipulation and Death Manipulation should be removed as the statement comes from the promotion of a toy

Last edited:
Last edited:
A VFX article says that Surtur can brandish his sword at Mach 40 (High Hypersonic), I don't know if that could scale to his travel speed since the article talks about how Surtur moved in relation to his size
Forgot to say, brandishing his sword sounds like a combat speed feat, his travel speed probably stays as it is. Surtur moving in relation to his size can also refer to how fast he swings his sword
Note: This would only scale to the characters who are worthy of wielding Mjölnir or did so before its enchantment, so only the following characters would have Resistance to Madness Manipulation: Hela, Odin and Mighty Thor
I assume Pre-Awakening Thor would also have Resistance to Madness Manipulation, since he wielded Mjolnir before it received the worthiness enchantment by Odin?

This is just referencing the stuff the VFX artist used in reference to craft Surtur's body, not that he actually is made of those things

Especially when the script below mentions that he is both flesh and fire
Hulk
This would in turn remove Hulk's resistance to Plasma manipulation

That isn't really magma manipulation or earth manipulation as much as it's him generating enough heat and force to spilt Asgard and heat it to a molten state with his already existing heat manipulation and explosive size growth

Disagree with this part
This is just referencing the stuff the VFX artist used in reference to craft Surtur's body, not that he actually is made of those things

Makes sense

Why is this Durability Negation and not simple spatial manipulation? If we take into account the nature of spatial manipulation it is obvious that it can cut any physical stuffs.
This should also include Radiation Manipulation.

These are the only things I can question, as for the rest I share Marvel_Champion_07's opinion.

I'm on the same page as Marvel_Champion
Just to clarify, what do you think about these new points?
Forgot to say, brandishing his sword sounds like a combat speed feat, his travel speed probably stays as it is. Surtur moving in relation to his size can also refer to how fast he swings his sword

I assume Pre-Awakening Thor would also have Resistance to Madness Manipulation, since he wielded Mjolnir before it received the worthiness enchantment by Odin?
That isn't really magma manipulation or earth manipulation as much as it's him generating enough heat and force to spilt Asgard and heat it to a molten state with his already existing heat manipulation and explosive size growth

Disagree with this part

Overall agree with the others. Most of the stuff looks alright.

From the wording of the statement, it should probably be specified that they magnify Thor's weather and lightning manipulating abilities, which is further stated in the Marvel Studios: Character Encyclopedia, but it's still alright
Agree

I'm neutral on this but seems like a fair point.

Why was this applied already?

Were still neutral on the Inorganic Physiology part of this CRT
I removed the plasma part since it was just a reference as you said, but the VFX article still states that his body has a lava surface, and the script states that his flesh is made of fire
Also a few of the changes werent even discussed in this CRT such as changing Hela's speed ratings
That's from a previous CRT

I removed the plasma part since it was just a reference as you said, but the VFX article still states that his body has a lava surface, and the script states that his flesh is made of fire
We're, or at least I am, disagreeing with using the VFX article for justifications since it was only references they used to crafts Surturs body

Which leaves us with the script which states his FLESH is made of fire, no indication on whether his entire body is made of fire and considering they say flesh makes that assumption unlikely

Point is you applied the changes from this CRT before they were finalized and everyone agreed

I think there's enough staff input to apply most of the changes. It's just Surtur's Inorganic Physiology that's kinda controversial

Why is this Durability Negation and not simple spatial manipulation? If we take into account the nature of spatial manipulation it is obvious that it can cut any physical stuffs.
Kaecilius already has Limited Space-Time Manipulation via the Space Shards, so if that's the case, the feat can just be added under his P&A justification

Kaecilius already has Limited Space-Time Manipulation via the Space Shards, so if that's the case, the feat can just be added under his P&A justification
What about doing something like this? I've seen another profile with Spatial Manip done like this.

Attack Potency: Street level physically (Broke through a wall and threw Doctor Strange through display cases.[4] An incredibly skilled martial artist[1] who casually decapitated a man with a blade at such an angle which would almost be impossible for even peak humans to replicate in real life[4]), higher with Conjured Weaponry, Building level+ with Magic. Can ignore durability with Space-Time Shards.

Also weren't the Conjured Weaponry (Strange vs the Zealots) and Tao Mandala Shields/Fans (Ancient One vs Zealots/Kaecilius) capable of blocking said Space-Time Shards?

What about doing something like this? I've seen another profile with Spatial Manip done like this.

Attack Potency: Street level physically (Broke through a wall and threw Doctor Strange through display cases.[4] An incredibly skilled martial artist[1] who casually decapitated a man with a blade at such an angle which would almost be impossible for even peak humans to replicate in real life[4]), higher with Conjured Weaponry, Building level+ with Magic. Can ignore durability with Space-Time Shards.
Sure
Also weren't the Conjured Weaponry (Strange vs the Zealots) and Tao Mandala Shields/Fans (Ancient One vs Zealots/Kaecilius) capable of blocking said Space-Time Shards?
They're more magical conjurations than physical substances

In Yami's case it is clearer because it is said that he directly ignores the amount of magic power of the opponent, and this in BC indicates total superiority including physical and resistance. We are not going to put "Ignore durability via X hax" everywhere, it would be the same as saying, ignore durability via EE or Cm.

And the scan here proves that it can only cut through any physical substance, and if for example magic or any non-physical power is used to defend yourself then this feat would be invalid.

I guess Durability Negation for Kaecilius is rejected.

The only thing left to decide is Surtur's Inorganic Physiology?
I'm mixed on the feeling since we dont have direct confirmation however we see when Hela pierces Surturs chest that the inside seems to be lava however it could also just be his own special type of blood though the first interpretation seems to be the intent

The script agrees stating his flesh is made of fire however like I said above I'm against Plasma being used based on the VFX statements

It all comes down to what your interpret it as but the clear intentions seems to be that he's not made of normal flesh

So I'm for inorganic physiology

I'm mixed on the feeling since we dont have direct confirmation however we see when Hela pierces Surturs chest that the inside seems to be lava however it could also just be his own special type of blood though the first interpretation seems to be the intent

The script agrees stating his flesh is made of fire however like I said above I'm against Plasma being used based on the VFX statements

It all comes down to what your interpret it as but the clear intentions seems to be that he's not made of normal flesh

So I'm for inorganic physiology
If you're alright with it, then there's nothing left for this CRT and it can be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back