• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hero of Lore revision

Again, if you want to try speaking like that i suggest you give me your discord tag, we can talk it out there.

The class descriptions in AQW are not canon.

Often they are filled with sarcasm and other forms of humor. Doing so downplays the credibility for not just that particular one, but for all descriptions since we can never 100% be sure if they are just poking fun at a topic.

Now please understand this: if there is nothing suggesting the attack potency of said class than just a class description, then it is not considered canon.

This is a direct quote from Kaltias (administrator and human resources) on what constitutes as "canon" game mechanics:

They are canon when they are directly referenced in the series usually

For example, SAVE and LOAD are canon for UT.

While saving and loading isn't canon for something like Pokemon Platinum

For the class descriptions to be canon, they would require a character acknowledging said class description in some manner. Maybe them mentioning "hey you can punch with the energy of a star, cool" or "aren't you at indefinite speeds?"

Literally, it just needs to be acknowledged in some manner or aspect. Therefore the burden of proof is on you @Hykuu and potentially @Phoenix821 to prove that said class descriptions are acknowledged within the plot.

" Often they are filled with sarcasm and other forms of humor. Doing so downplays the credibility for not just that particular one, but for all descriptions since we can never 100% be sure if they are just poking fun at a topic. "

"Often." Appeal to probability.

"

Now please understand this: if there is nothing suggesting the attack potency of said class than just a class description, then it is not considered canon.

This is a direct quote from Kaltias (administrator and human resources) on what constitutes as "canon" game mechanics:

They are canon when they are directly referenced in the series usually

For example, SAVE and LOAD are canon for UT.

While saving and loading isn't canon for something like Pokemon Platinum

For the class descriptions to be canon, they would require a character acknowledging said class description in some manner. Maybe them mentioning "hey you can punch with the energy of a star, cool" or "aren't you at indefinite speeds?"

"Usually."

why would the game devolopers implent something saying that for each class, that would require too much work,

This clearly isn't going to go anywhere

You clearly don't view shit from others perspective, just focus on yours

i suggest we drop the topic.

If that is your only argument, then I must assume you are unable to prove that they are mentioned within the game.

So I'm afraid your argument has no credibility.

I am afraid you have the incapbability to comprehend what am saying.

Of course they don't have to be mentioned, it would make no sense for them to implement a mechanic in order to say shit like that, and there is no reason to disregard the descripitions because of this statements, descripitons are by definition, used to describe something.

Also the idea of a composite profile, which is being agreed upon, makes this argument Null.

Well I understand that you want this to be added to the profile, but according to an administrator and human resources member, if you cannot prove that they are acknowledged within the game, then they are not "canon".

You really do not have an argument at this point.

And no, composite profile does not mean take non-canon gameplay mechanics into account.

That's not what I meant entirely, but yeah ok sure

" Of course they don't have to be mentioned, it would make no sense for them to implement a mechanic in order to say shit like that, and there is no reason to disregard the descripitions because of this statements, descripitons are by definition, used to describe something. "

Argument from repetition, we have been over this argument thrice, just because the WoG stated this doesn't automatically debunk the entire point, clinging into a single WoG, insisting its from a reliable source, isn't exactly credibile. also Quoting without linking =/= evidence. Show the link where he stated this.

It takes in the canon and non canon iirc.

Well I understand that you want this to be added to the profile, but according to an administrator and human resources member, if you cannot prove that they are acknowledged within the game, then they are not "canon".

Here is where Kaltias said what I previously mentioned

Another administrator, Darkanine, said this:

Yeah, if it's ever referenced in the lore, or menu or anything, it should be fine

I do not want an explanation as to why you can't prove it, I want you to prove it. This is the general consesus and specific statements from the site administrators. If you want to add this to the site, you are going to need to abide by these rules and prove it.

The links you provided are not the in-game character talking, but a staff member representing said in-game character. This is not anyone in-game acknowledging the existance of class descriptions. Furthermore they are talking about their own wiki, not in the context of the game.

The picture is obviously not acknowledging the class description, only that the class exists. We know the class exists, that wasn't what I was proposing. I am suggesting that the class description is non-canon, you need to prove that it is.

I was asked to comment here, and think that Kaltias and Darkanine make sense.

I don't really care about any of this, but APÔëáDC. They can have star level attacks without causing mass destruction. Not allowing that means that tier 8s and above cause ridiculous amounts of damage just by walking around basically, superman annihilates the earth and much of the solar system with a casual punch, and the dragon Ball universe as a whole must have ressurection because most of the verse is at least 3-A. There's a star level feat for some machine gun in Destiny. However, it also needs to be consistent in some way. If everything else caps out at like tier 7 then star level punching would be an outlier. Destiny has a bunch of tier 4 stuff, so star level machine gun bullets are ok. Basically, the punch themselves don't have to demonstrate 4-C DC, but something in the verse should for consistency sake.

That's not the only issue, they deal roughly the same damage as if you had no-class at all. We cannot blatantly ignore the fact that literally, in gameplay, they deal equal damage.

Coupled with the fact that class descriptions are literally never mentioned in the plot or by any character whatsoever, along with Kaltias and Darkanine saying that they are required in order for it to be "canon", I think this is an open and shut case of class descriptions being unreliable.

Classes themselves are acknowledged though, so we can still observe the mechanics and attacks that a class uses and calculate those animations if need be. They also still get the mechanics behind said attack, so if it's named "Time Warp" and your character is literally reverted to a previous state of time, that class would provide time manipulation.

Damage numbers are just as much game mechanics as attacks not blowing up everything. The machine gun with a 4-C statement does just as much damage as all the other machine guns of the same type, but that's fine because the PC guardian can scale to tier 4 stuff anyways.

THat being said, I'm not at all knowledgeable on this verse, and you may be right about it not being reliable. Just clearing up what seems to be a misconception here.

Yes, but for certain game mechanics to be considered "canon" they must be acknowledged by the plot in some way or form.

This is a verse by verse thing, so you can't use Destiny to justify why the AEverse should include class descriptions too. Kaltias has already adressed this.

We tend to not count author statements and similar that are heavily contradicted by the story itself.

I mean that if there are character descriptions that are made in a joking tone and/or do not make sense within the story (in this case game) itself, they seem unreliable.

regarding the early-mid-late game keys... the AQW location with the greatest player level restriction are Dage the Evil's stages which require level 20+... and since the maximum player level is 85, the keys aren't going to work since lv20 is obviously early game.

so I think better keys would be:

-13 Lords of Chaos Saga -Queen of Monsters Saga -Throne of Darkness Saga

The order you play the quests?

anyways Ok, I really don't care about the star level thing anymore so don't use it if you want

Hykuu said:
The order you play the quests?
anyways Ok, I really don't care about the star level thing anymore so don't use it if you want
since when was there an order.

I could start 7 Deadly Dragons before I finished Escherion

Hykuu said:
A simple google search?
The carnax saga isn't in the game? did you even read the page?
yeah right.... Drakels vs Elves is totally the first thing instead of Escherion or Prologue

also, there is no Carnax saga so what are you talking about. There is a carnax monster, but he's a tiny part of Iadoa's story and Ultra Carnax is just a challenge stage

idk why you are having a breakdown over me saying "can't read" but if it helps you sleep at night.

Hykuu said:
idk why you are having a breakdown over me saying "can't read"
but if it helps you sleep at night.
nothing in your link has anything to do with AQW. If you haven't even played AQW then why are you even arguing against what I'm saying

Hykuu said:
Did i deny it has doesn't?
You said that I should set the keys based on the order of the quests..

but if you actually play the game, you should know that there isn't an order to the quests

Back