• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hm. This is intresting in the fact that it highly depends on what Hermoine starts with.

If she goes for something that is damage-dealing in the conventional way, Jones' immortality and invulnerability lolnopes it, before closing distance and ripping Hermione a new one in close ranged combat, or just shooting her at a distance.

However, if Hermione starts with a curse or a jinx that incaps Jones (From what I'm aware, she wouldn't resist that type of magic), she can steal a win through that.

I feel like Hermione is much more likely to start with option B, so for now my vote is for her.

Hermione has EE? Since when did Potterverse characters get EE?

I don't think anybody ever performed it on a complicated species such as a human, and I also don't think it erases things from existence.

Well, that's for the CRT I guess.

McGonagall's literal statement is that it "puts things into non-being", which is textbook EE.

Hermione has used it both on animals and on complicated magical and mundane devices.

"puts things into non-being" - those things can be retrievable, unless you think Bill would just erase important Order of the Phoenix plans from existence to never see them again.

Or teachers would make students permanently erase animals from existence.

Or this is an unforgivable curse even greater than the killing curse.

Hermione would probably use the same standard open as most non-dark magic-users; Stupefy. Or, for more hilariousness, Levicorpus. Jones' invulnerable status doesn't matter when she is hanging upside down in the air, and there's a whole list of "making people drop things" spells for Hermione to make sure Jones isn't attacking back with some sort of ranged weapon. Then there are all the other various "disable without injury" spells. No doubt Hermione would be able to devise some sort of magical prison to keep Jones contained as long as she likes, although .

Hermione ftw.

Btw I am also voting for Hermione fra.

Granger really has no way to put Jones down for good. However, the Vanishment Charm does allow her to BFR her opponets to hell and back.

Main question. How fast will she go for that? Cause everything else will just sort of bounce off Jones. And it isn't really in character for her to use that charm to finish off her opponents. If Jones is resisting, she will escalate, and start trying more powerful curses.

For now, I am voting for Jones. It isn't in-character for Hermione to use that charm

It's completely out of character for Hermione to use the Unforgiveable Curses even when close to death, unless there's something I missed while reading the books.

Otherwise Crimson does actually make a good point. Changing to Jones for now.

She has escalated to Crucio once, and almost AKed a Death Eater in the Battle of Hogwarts.

Just one more thing about the other incap spells, such as Levicorpus, Petrificus Totalus, the like. While they are potent, Hermione doesn't open with them. She uses quick damaging spells like Stupfy to put bad guys down fast. She has an arsenel to take Jones down, but without prior knowledge, she wouldn't use them.

Hermione not ending the fight quickly doesn't automatically make Jones the victor. Hermione is smart and once she realises what's going on, she will do what's necessary.

She may be smart, but she has a weakness that she can't think outside the box. Someone with the abilities of Jones (completely and utterly invulnerable to any form of damage) would throw her off guard. Even Voldemort reacted to getting spelled. She would upgrade the damage of her spells, going from just simple Stupufy and Reducto to Bombardia, Bombadia Maxima, etc cetera. She only uses incap spells against those that she doesn't wish to harm. In fact, the only time she's opened with, or even used an incap spell is in the first book, when she used Petrificus Totalus on Neville.

And, when Jones gets close, Hemione will waste time with a shield that Jones' AP will break through without a problem. And Jones' superhuman speed will allow her to get close to Hemione in a couple of seconds, not giving her time to throw more than a couple of charms Jones' way.

Even if Hermione does the big think, she's not imagintive enough, no does she have enough time to stop Jones

I will amend Azoth's statement by saying "invulnerable to any form of damage up to what she has shown so far".

I do agree Granger won't figure it out though. Jones should take this. In fact I think Granger would be the only Potterverse wizard to lose to Jones- both Harry and Ron could easily figure out the easier method of winning.

Are we all forgetting that Hermione can teleport and has used it to get away from danger? The Deathly Hallows. From memory, Hermione does multiple teleports in quick succession to lose the Death Eater when they escape the Ministry of Magic. She certainly didn't have time to prepare or think it through before she did it.

And Jones doesn't have her superhuman speed, since speed is equalised. So Hermione can kite her like crazy.

If Hermione teleports away that's self BFR and a win for Jones. And Speed Equalized means it's equalized to one of the characters speed and in this case it's equalized to Jones.

Hermione could also grab Jones, teleport her away, and then teleport herself back.

The only reason she never did that in-canon is because most of her enemies can also teleport, or else she was in a location wherein teleportation is magically banned.

...Which reminds me. Since this battle takes place on Hogwarts grounds, then Hermione can't teleport, which mean an ability of hers is restricted, ergo this match can't be added anyway.

A Stoned Orc said:
...Which reminds me. Since this battle takes place on Hogwarts grounds, then Hermione can't teleport, which mean an ability of hers is restricted, ergo this match can't be added anyway.
Bloody hell. If you list up the most annoying arguments that I've ever heard, that one would be up there. Apies, feel free to make the battle anywhere you want, up inside a dragon's arsehole if you want to. It won't change the result.

To teleport someone away, then teleport back, Hermione needs to actually grab them or get them to grab her, then actually force them to release her. Grabbing is easy, she just needs to walk up to Jones, or stand there and let Jones grab her. Easy. But how freaking difficult will it be to get Jones to let go? The Death Eater only dropped her because she threw some sort of spell in his general direction, ruining his day. And Jones whole gimmick is that she is a giant middle finger to all forms of damage shown so far in the series. And she has been tested with worse forms of damage than the Wicked Witch of the West has been capable of hurling.

And, since you brought up that Ministry scene, let me remind you of what else happened there. Hermione Apperated twice, then Splinched Ron. She doesn't teleport well in a battle situation or under stress. In fact, her teleportation has always been considered by her one of the branches of magic that she doesn't pick up well. And, if Hemiones teleports a bunch of times trying to lose Jones, she is more likely to rip a hole in herself than the invulnerable person next to her. And the second she Splinches herself, she doesn't teleport anymore due to shock and Jones pulls her apart.

A Stoned Orc said:
Hermione could also grab Jones, teleport her away, and then teleport herself back.
>Hermione grabbing a 9-A character with eons of combat experience without any repurcussions

Back