• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Here's a better question... do you wanna have bad time?" - Sans Profile Rework!

It deactivates Frisk’s Information Analysis, FIGHT, Item Healing and Mercy option… pretty much a powernull via 4th wall breaking.
Preventing a dude from using it isn't technially power null, especially if even himself cannot do it.

No idea how to list it or if it's even Power Null, given how meta this stuff is.
I still don’t see why guilt wouldn’t do much, the only reason why Frisk is unaffected is because they’re doing it “because they can” regardless of morality (although they’re obviously evil).
Show me a feat of that emphatic hax actually affecting someone enough to hinder their combat and I'll consider it.

No? No other showings? Damn, so it's all baseless assumptions? F then.

Right. I just didn't care enough to remove it.

Though I have no idea on how to type it, as no power is actually being nulled, it's just him using a mechanic to his advantage to prevent Frisk from attacking. I am fine to make it again just combat applicable 4th wall break.
the ability to interact with sans is being nullified, but thats not really 'POWER nullification', since no powers are being nullified beyond ones frisk would get from being able to interact with sans, so i'd say combat applicable 4th wall break sounds more in line with how his special attack functions in universe.
- Minor Empathic Manipulation (When against Sans, the opponents will likely feel guilt as if their sins were crawling and weighting on their backs,[1] though Frisk wasn't exactly bothered from it)
I feel like putting minor infront of it due to frisk not being affected by it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. he is by all definition doing full Empathic Manipulation, the issue isn't the power itself, but the person he was using it against.
Idk where to put it as they're part of his patterns so huh...
I feel like under his danmaku is fine since they are apart of his patterns, while it isn't actually danmaku, i think it makes the post sense to put the platforms in with his other magic related abilities since thats where he uses the platforms.

I feel like putting minor infront of it due to frisk not being affected by it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. he is by all definition doing full Empathic Manipulation, the issue isn't the power, but the person he was using it against.
It has 0 feats of affecting someone enough to hinder their fighting capabilities, so we just assume it cannot.

Unless you want to make this fanfic version of Sans with Frisk having a resistance to Guilt hax that secretely hinders other people, you can see where I am getting at.

It has 0 feats of affecting someone enough to hinder their fighting capabilities, so we just assume it cannot.

Unless you want to make this fanfic version of Sans with Frisk having a resistance to Guilt hax that secretely hinders other people, you can see where I am getting at.
It doesn't need to hinder people's fighting capabilities to be full Empathic Manipulation. that isn't said at all on the empathic manipulation page. he's still influencing frisk's emotions, it's just that frisk lowkey doesn't gaf.

It doesn't need to hinder people's fighting capabilities to be full Empathic Manipulation. he's still influencing frisk's emotions, it's just that frisk lowkey doesn't gaf.
My issue is that I wanna prevent cases of people saying "Sans passively makes people feel bad so he handicaps them" when that's just untrue (as I know that Shion's goal is exactly that).

Aka I just wanna present it in a way that says that's kinda irrelevant.

My issue is that I wanna prevent cases of people saying "Sans passively makes people feel bad so he handicaps them" when that's just untrue (as I know that Shion's goal is exactly that).

Aka I just wanna present it in a way that says that's kinda irrelevant.
fair nough. i'd probably just reword the reasoning to mention depending on the opponent's personality, it can do absolutely nothing, and note frisk and flowey as an example of that.

fair nough. i'd probably just reword the reasoning to mention depending on the opponent's personality, it can do absolutely nothing, and note frisk and flowey as an example of that.
"Though it should be worth noting that this does not affect those who are purely evil, such as Flowey and the player on the genocide route."

"Though it should be worth noting that this does not affect those who are purely evil, such as Flowey and the player on the genocide route."
which is funny to think about because he only fights pure-evil people, so this ability literally can never be in use unless you bloodlust him against someone who'd feel guilty about sins they've committed.

- Minor Empathic Manipulation (When against Sans, the opponents will likely feel guilt as if their sins were crawling and weighting on their backs,[1] although the effects on the likes of Frisk or Flowey were minimal due to their personality)
I'd like to point out that if the opponent is a good guy who just crossed paths with Sans (ex. this gentleman), what would the Emphatic stuff do?

I think we're going too much into assumptions here, this isn't indexing accurate stuff by showings anymore.

I'd like to point out that if the opponent is a good guy who just crossed paths with Sans (ex. this gentleman), what would the Emphatic stuff do?

I think we're going too much into assumptions here, this isn't indexing accurate stuff by showings anymore.
I suppose minor is okay, with a note to stupid proof (I love stupid proofing profiles!!!!) the profile saying something like this;

Note: Due to the fact Sans has never fought someone who isn't purely evil, it is unknown how Sans' Empathic Manipulation ability would effect someone outside of those circumstances, and should be assumed it wouldn't be crippling.

Uhh, petition to move this to the discussion thread? We seem like we have much to discuss unless yall alreadg got into an agreement
I support this. We've gotten to talking about updating every other profile, numerous standards and interpretations for UT's fourth wall breaking, and various other topics that really don't belong here. I think we should just focus this thread's discussions on the main post proposed as well as Strym's alternative rework.

Note: Due to the fact Sans has never fought someone who isn't purely evil, it is unknown how this ability would effect someone outside of those circumstances, and should be assumed it wouldn't be crippling.
More something like "Note: Due to the fact that in-universe the only characters that Sans fought are evil (those being Flowey and Frisk in the Genocide Route), it's unknown how it would affect other characters in vs threads, and as such it shouldn't be assumed that it has any relevant effect that would result in them being crippled or similar."
Uhh, petition to move this to the discussion thread? We seem like we have much to discuss unless yall alreadg got into an agreement
Why you keep trying to run? Didn't you say that this Friday you'll give a response? There's no rush here.

More something like "Note: Due to the fact that in-universe the only characters that Sans fought are evil (those being Flowey and Frisk in the Genocide Route), it's unknown how it would affect other characters in vs threads, and as such it shouldn't be assumed that it has any relevant effect that would result in them being crippled or similar."
yes, sounds a lot better.

I will, I am saying instead of making it 10 pages you all could discuss it there since thats more suited to a discussion about what the ability is rather than if Sans has it or not. Did I explain myself
Shion, we are literally debating stuff that yourself have added, it's bound to cause arguments and discussions, please.

You're just stonewalling at this point and repeating the same stuff. Imma just ignore you unless you give new arguments to the table.
What am I supposed to do if you’re not giving the proper refutation? Like showing that Empathic Hax does not working on someone who has different motivation? Or explaining how disabling Information Analysis, ability to eat, spare or attack is not ******* powernull?

What am I supposed to do if you’re not giving the proper refutation? Like showing that Empathic Hax does not working on someone who has different motivation? Or explaining how disabling Information Analysis, ability to eat, spare or attack is not ******* powernull?
Ok so in all fairness, the Power null page does specify the ability needs to be nullifying powers, which by definition sans didn't do that, since all he's doing is using turn based combat to not allow frisk to have the chance to use those things, rather than actually nullifying those abilities. Frisk still has those abilities, they just can't use them due to it not being their turn.

by all definitions, it moreso fits status effect inducement + 4th wall breaking rather than power null

Nullifying literally just means making something null. Making someone physically unable to use their powers sorta sounds like, verbatim power null.

I mean, Frisk would still be capable of using the Yellow SOUL bullets if their SOUL was yellow, so it's more like nullifying/taking away the ability to attack with their weapons
Yellow Mode in UT is sorta just Frisk's Phone becoming a gun. The special attack stops them from attacking with the empty gun, so don't think it'd really work either.

You can't really mix the "sans is teleporting Frisk away, and that's why they can’t attack" interpretation with the "Frisk can’t attack because they can’t access their battle UI." tho

And who decided that?

Because nothing stops the interpretation of it being both.
"We can't attack sans because he's teleporting us away from the battle UI"? That's sorta just a roundabout way of picking the second option, cause the battle UI doesn't exist in-universe? So like, how would that even work in Versus Threads?

This would be significantly less headache inducing if we just said that the battle box and buttons exist in-universe, or whatever.

"We can't attack sans because he's teleporting us away from the battle UI"? That's sorta just a roundabout way of picking the second option, cause the battle UI doesn't exist in-universe? So like, how would that even work in Versus Threads?
This is a strawman of what I'm arguing.

Sans teleporting you away is part of his turn, he's not directly hindering with the buttons. Just like the bones, the teleportation is also one of his attacks, just a very low effort one compared to the rest.

Frisk being incapable of using the UI is a byproduct of the turn being extended, not necessarily a result of Sans constantly putting you at the center, different things.

I'm saying it's both because both of these happen at the same time for different factors.
This would be significantly less headache inducing if we just said that the battle box and buttons exist in-universe, or whatever.
Make me perma banned 1st then that'll happen.

Back