• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hello Kitty page discussion thread

What's the name of that anime? It looks very cute. (Also, I'm wondering if Hello Kitty is subbing in for a fairy tale character in that scene.)

What kind of wood is it? That'll help us find the density, & thus the mass.

Assuming the stump itself doesn't serve as one, we also need a "measuring stick". Do we know Kitty White's official height, for example?

Funny you should post that, though, since I recall recently seeing an ESA Speedrun of a Hello Kitty game for the GameCube. It's a beat 'em up where she goes around on roller skates with some kind of sparkly magic wand & rescuing &/or teaming up with other Hello Kitty characters.

Anyway, in one of the early levels, she uses her wand to knock over & seemingly uproot a whole tree to make a bridge.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple

"Commercial growers aim to produce an apple that is 2 3Ôüä4 to 3 1Ôüä4 in (7.0 to 8.3 cm) in diameter, due to market preference. Some consumers, especially those in Japan, prefer a larger apple, while apples below 2 1Ôüä4 in (5.7 cm) are generally used for making juice and have little fresh market value."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuji_(apple)

"Fuji apples are typically round and range from large to very large, averaging 75 mm in diameter."

Unfortunately, I can't find size ranges for fuji apples. Supposedly, apples can be as big as 92.5 mm, though.

https://bestapples.com/trade-and-export-marketing/grades-sizing/

Given that Japanese consumers like larger apples, supposedly, & I'm pretty sure Fuji apples are Japanese, we can use those sizes. I mean, if Japanese like bigger apples, surely they'd like Hello Kitty's size based on bigger apples, right? (Kidding, kidding.)

Anyway, 75 mm (7.5 cm) is still a smaller average than the average of 7.0 to 8.3 cm, but let's use it anyway.

For simplicity, let's not try to account for empty space & the shapes & stems of the apples because they are not perfect spheres; We'll just multiply by 7.5 mm by 5, since 5 apples.

37.5 cm, or 14.7637795 inches. That's adorably tiny.

For comparison, the average newborn, human baby girl is 19.4 inches or 49.2 cm in height.

Hello Kitty is literally shorter than a baby girl. Also, a cat is 23 to 25 cm in height, & 46 cm in length without the tail. So she doesn't measure up too well that way either.

Uncollapse the below ONLY if you want to read a lot of rambling & math.

I have no idea what type of tree this is, but apparently, Japanese white, black & red pine are 3 common types of trees there. So let's pretend this is a reliable source: https://www.woodproducts.fi/content/comparison-properties-north-american-and-japanese-wood

Since I don't know the type of tree, & wood can be much less dense, I'm going to use the lowest density from among those 3 types. 450 kg/m^3

Now, I'm too lazy to properly pixel scale the stump, & the roots would be a pain to determine the mass of. So as a simple, safe low end, I'm just going to assume it's a cylinder half of Kitty White's heig-

....Such a tree species would have a DBH (Diameter at breast height) of 100 CM. As even GENEROUS assumptions say Kitty White is 46.25 cm tall, that tree trunk is absurdly small; I can't use that species.

"The average human head is 6 to 7 inches wide and 8 to 9 inches long. The average circumference is 21 to 23 inches. Males generally have a slightly larger head than females. As a proportion of the total body, a baby's head is approximately one-quarter of the total length."

Given Kitty White's infantile stature & childish, cutesy proportions -cute characters tend to have small bodies & large heads, which mimic the proportions of babies; Hence why we find them cute.- I'm going to use that formula for her.

Ergo: Let's assume her head's length is one quarter of her body's total size and pretend THAT'S the diameter for the tree. 37.5 / 4 = 9.375 cm

Now then, since it's not the species we did assume, & I have no idea what species to use....

Given that I can't figure out what kind of tree would have a diameter that small, I'm just going to assume a low end. https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/wood-density-d_40.html

Clearly not balsa wood, but I have no idea what it WOULD be. Now then. Supposing it has the diameter of Kitty White's face (9.375 cm) & a height half of her height (18.75 cm), we can get volume for a cylinder with those measurements.

Input into https://www.calculator.net/volume-calculator.html And we get volume = 5177.185159114 cm/3 Ask Wolfram about that with our assumed density of balsa wood, and we get.... https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Find+mass+Volume+5177.185159114+cm^3+Density+160+kg/m^3

828.349625458 grams Not even 1 kg.

Okay, let's assume this is a very tiny-diametered Japanese white pine & use that density of 450 kg/m^3. 2.329733321601 kg

What about the most dense kinds of trees? According to this list https://www.wood-database.com/lignum-vitae/ Lignum vitae can hit a staggering density of 1330 kg/m^3! (Its diameter also seems to be around 30 cm at minimum, to about 60 cm. About 1 foot, at least; The trunk's minimum diameter is nearly as long as Kitty White is tall!)

6.88565626162 kg

But what if we edited our measuring stick? We used average apple sizes for Kitty White's height (As she's officially 5 apples tall.), but what if we used the larger ones we've found? 92.5 mm.

"Small apples are approximately 2 1/4 inches in diameter. Medium apples are approximately 2 3/4 inches in diameter. Large apples are approximately 3 3/4 inches in diameter."

3 3/4 inches, or 3.75 inches actually converts to 9.52500 cm. So that times 5. 47.625 cm. How about them apples? (STILL smaller than a 0 month old human baby girl, though)

Now once again, let's use the "quarter of baby's length=face size" and fallaciously assume the stump's height is half of Kitty White's height and get volume from that.

47.625 / 2 = 23.8125, which is half, & half of that result is a quarter. 11.90625

Inputting those for volume.... 10604.858067781 cm^3 I believe! More than double the previous volume!
Balsa wood stump (Lol) = 1.696777290845 kg

Japanese white pine = 4.772186130501 kg

Maximum density lignum vitae = 14.10446123015 kg

Embarassingly for her, it seems to take some effort for Kitty White to lift this stump, seeing as how Below Average Human Lifting Strength ranges from 0 to 50 kg, and that stump is 14 kg.

Even at an absurdly implausible high end, this doesn't even reach one third of Below Average Human's maximum Lifting Strength.

I guess that's what happens when your official height is a stack of 5 apples.

TL;DR - Going by Kitty White's official height, that tree stump is nowhere near big enough to be of notable mass.

Also, Kitty White (AKA, Hello Kitty) undeniably qualifies for Small Size Type 1 (Small Animal Sized) since she's below 50 cm tall.

So, yay, new thing to list in powers/abilities...?

The current topic is that we need someone that reads a manga with interesting feats.

I think Imaginym went ahead and tried, but I don´t know how far he has gone.

I am trash, because I forgot to continue translating. I'ma lazy butt.

Also, if we count the chapter 0 manga, we may want to look at feats here. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2483165#73

Are there any other Japanese knowledgeable members who'd be willing or able to go through? I'd like to help, but I'm shamefully negligent.

Apparently Kitty White does crossovers every now and then, maybe it could just be a separate key as an "absolute" official composite or something like that. But in this case, after some research, it´s too ambigous at best, as there doesn´t seem to be more than what´s in the before-mentioned video. That likely can also be said for giving her Inkling weapons.

Not entirely related, but I've somewhat enjoyed Onegai My Melody/Yes My Melody. It's cute, if a little slow-paced at times. (Also, I probably should resume reading that Hello Kitty manga at some point. Unless someone else wants to handle it.)

Well, the manga version from what I remember seems decently powerful. Although, reading it is a little bit of a pain unless I find a translation.

Hello Kitty: Roller Rescue's Kitty White (AKA Hello Kitty) has a friend who can break through a stone wall by ramming, & the game is a beat 'em up, so she can probably harm enemies said friend can harm, assuming enemies aren't simply OHKO'd. Might be able to get 9-B for them.

Also, might be interesting to make characters for the My Melody characters. My Melody in particular, is known to be one of Kitty's best friends. She's also kind of a Magical Girl in Onegai My Melody. The rest of the cast (Kuromi & Baku especially.) may also have some nice feats.

Also, looking at the thread about Composites, the latest draft of the rules seem like....

• Profiles for entire species may be acceptable, if it can be shown that the species in question would potentially be capable of having any and all of it's potential characteristics at once. However, these profiles should not include exceedingly extraordinary or underwhelming feats and abilities from notable individuals of a species, and the viability of these profiles are determined on a case-by-case basis.
  • In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may also be acceptable.
  • While some verses may have a lot of stories written by a lot of different authors over a wide span of time, as long as these are all considered canon to each other, their feats can be used together without being considered a composite."
Assuming that's correct, Composite Kitty White may sort of be able to be a thing if we can show they lack a linear canon, with little context to order of events, or that the 'verse has a lot of stories by different authors considered canon to each other.

Yeah, Hello Kitty is in a Looney Tunes situation, so "composite" is still good to go, the issue would be to put the situation more explicit, as even Bugs is getting divided from media, for example.

Bobsican said:
Yeah, Hello Kitty is in a Looney Tunes situation, so "composite" is still good to go, the issue would be to put the situation more explicit, as even Bugs is getting divided from media, for example.
What Bob said.

For example, one for certain cartoon series, another one for the mangas and so on, unless they share references to each other or something.

Ahhh, okay. So giving multiple keys/profiles if they're on series without clear evidence that they share a continuity? (Or lack continuity enough?)

Could end up being so, although, I don't know how many incarnations of her are worthy of being tiered.

One version is the TV show made for western audiences where they did classic fairy tales and movies, with the characters acting as actors in animated retelling.

Another show had the characters as themselves, but is probably fairly mundane.

Kitty in Roller Rescue (Video game.) & in the manga definitely seem to have feats however, & should probably indexed, however we end up doing it. The issue with the latter is the manga is in Japanese.

Back