• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heat Required for This Feat

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
A character heats up a large body of water, and it ends up damaging tire treads from the heat.
Most likely the tire tread paddles are made out of rubber, since that's what regular tire treads are made out of.

I'm using this for the heat of another feat.

Some places say they were melted and such (because there's no other way to affect something via heat except burns, melting, and evaporating). The only issue with the feat is that the water wasn't evaporated, but heat at the level of affecting wood or something would've been enough. I'm willing to consider it as a form of PIS, but I needed to know the temperature required for it.

They said that the paddles broke down but it is not stated or shown that the tires melted. Those are 2 different things. So it being sub 100 degrees C is still possible.

They said that the paddles broke down but it is not stated or shown that the tires melted. Those are 2 different things. So it being sub 100 degrees C is still possible.
Would there be a valid temperature required to "break down" paddles then? I'd definitely take 100ºC, but it needs to have a basis.

Would there be a valid temperature required to "break down" paddles then? I'd definitely take 100ºC, but it needs to have a basis.
That depends entirely on what happened to break down the paddles though I would assume the combustion of wood is what happened there which needs 300 degrees C temperature which is indeed far above vapour requirements. So actually my sub 100 degrees statement was wrong most likely.

That depends entirely on what happened to break down the paddles though I would assume the combustion of wood is what happened there which needs 300 degrees C temperature which is indeed far above vapour requirements. So actually my sub 100 degrees statement was wrong most likely.
Oh snap, gotcha.

Would you consider the smoke in the background of this feat vapor?
Also, the water is orange now, I don't know what witchcraft is required to make water orange, but what's for sure is that most of it is evaporated (imo) based on the smoke.

Oh snap, gotcha.

Would you consider the smoke in the background of this feat vapor?
Also, the water is orange now, I don't know what witchcraft is required to make water orange, but what's for sure is that most of it is evaporated (imo) based on the smoke.
That is indeed most likely vapour. The only issue is how much of the water depth has been heated, clearly not all else it would all be evaporated.

That is indeed most likely vapour. The only issue is how much of the water depth has been heated, clearly not all else it would all be evaporated.
Yeah the mangaka wasn't thinking on that portion. It's all good. Thanks Rocker!

Back