• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Layer Evaluation Thread

@Brogeefrong not exactly because you’re using scans that are just making someone invulnerable to different kinds of attacks on top of physical prowess being increased as an example of bypassing layers, which doesn’t work. You’re better off actually showing feats of bypassing resistance here.

@Brogeefrong not exactly because you’re using scans that are just making someone invulnerable to different kinds of attacks on top of physical prowess being increased as an example of bypassing layers, which doesn’t work. You’re better off actually showing feats of bypassing resistance here.
For the Death Egg scan, it's more to show a single Emerald's power is on par with a ring quantity of that size, which should be able to bypass a lower amount of rings

It’s still referring to physical attacks and not amping one’s hax to a ludicrous degree. Especially when the other scan with the description of the emeralds and rings talks about physical prowess and not hax.

It’s still referring to physical attacks and not amping one’s hax to a ludicrous degree.
Power rings are a by-product of The Chaos Emerald's, so they should function similar
Especially when the other scan with the description of the emeralds and rings talks about physical prowess and not hax.
It says enhancing Physical prowess as one of it's abilities, not it's only use
Also what about the Great Harmony stuff

You’re still comparing two completely separate things that have no correlation to one another. One’s Amping someone’s ability to hax others and the other is a physical strength buff, the fact that the most notable thing about the rings and emeralds is an increase of resilience and physical prowess is telling us that it’s more of a physical strength buff rather than bypassing hax a la any china verse ever, whose cultivation just results in bypassing hax of lower cultivators.

One’s Amping someone’s ability to hax others and the other is a physical strength buff
Both the Emeralds and Rings use Chaos Energy for their abilites, even if it was an Physical Strength feat there, A Chaos Emerald would need equlivent energy to that many Rings, and since they should function the same, they should have a simillar amount of layers
the fact that the most notable thing about the rings and emeralds is an increase of resilience and physical prowess is telling us that it’s more of a physical strength buff rather than bypassing hax a la any china verse ever, whose cultivation just results in bypassing hax of lower cultivators.
Just cause it's one of the notable abilites doesnt mean it's always used, even it was, i adressed above
Also
?

Using chaos energy doesn't change the fact that the thing that's being amped is specifically their stats and not hax potency. You can repeat the same points over and over again but the scans doesn't back up your claims that it would increase hax potency, and instead just increase one's physical stats.

The great harmony stuff tells me nothing about layers in the first place, so yeah not really much to say.

The great harmony stuff tells me nothing about layers in the first place, so yeah not really much to say.
Thousands Emerald’s through out the galaxy were brought together and shaped into 7, The Chaos Emeralds should still function like the Rings, More Emeralds can bypass the resistances of less

You got any scans that mentions that being the case for these emeralds? For these extraordinary claims you're gonna need extraordinary evidences.

them having the powers of the rings is not my point, my point is that nothing you've provided for the emeralds stuff has anything to do with hax layers, only AP, if you can't provide the evidence that the hax is getting stronger with the more emeralds to the point of bypassing resistances that they previously couldn't overcome, then your only option is to count any and all instances of power rings bypassing layers of resistances.

them having the powers of the rings is not my point, my point is that nothing you've provided for the emeralds stuff has anything to do with hax layers, only AP, if you can't provide the evidence that the hax is getting stronger with the more emeralds to the point of bypassing resistances that they previously couldn't overcome, then your only option is to count any and all instances of power rings bypassing layers of resistances.
It's the case for the Power Rings, shouldnt it function the same for Emeralds

Your scans suggest otherwise when it's mentioning physical strength and not hax/abilities, if you're gonna repeat the same points over and over then I'm not seeing any need to continue the conversation. I've said my piece on the matter.

And the other scans do not show hax being amped, only physical stats, so like I said earlier, get some actual showcase of layers of bypassing resistances instead of using the emeralds since it's not helping on the layered hax case.

I got a question. In a novel I'm reading, there exists a Will pressure. When used normally, ie passively, it can inflict other people with fear.

I assume that's baseline. However, the character who can do that can also reduce the range and increase the intensity. There was an opponent who was not affected by the normal aura, but when the mc increased the intensity, they were affected and were unable to do anything due to fear. This should be one layer above baseline, no?

The problem is, said pressure, when reducing its range, was stated to be two times stronger than normal passive. Would this be enough to assume that any 2 times multiplier increase to the Will Pressure will equate a layer?

Ps. I will add scans later with a new post obviously, but I wanted to confirm if that's the case in order to actually bother and get the scans on my laptop.

@Rikimarox2 if that 2 times pressure was used to bypass the resistance earlier then you could make the argument that it can equate to a layer, if it doesn’t then we have to go off of actual feats since we’d go into assumption territory there.
This whole proof is for a novel that is not yet indexed. The name of the novel is Lightning is the only way, and it can be added on the OP if it qualifies or not.

Anyways, to start, Gravis (The MC) can release his Will in a 360 direction, and can compress it as well. (Chapter 51). This is further supported when he released his Will Aura in order to demonstrate to the Guild Masters its usage/used for a challenge, and shown to have a radius of 30 meters. (Chapter 56). In his fight inside the wilderness, he activated his Will Aura (Most likely 360 degrees) to lure out a spider.

He was constantly fighting other beasts and they were not frozen, and his will aura was unleashed since he was still in the forest (This is further proven by stating that him releasing his Will Aura is his actual normal state, and does not take any energy. This is chapter 58 btw), and then stated to be able to freeze a scorpion that was about to him despite being already in his Will Aura range by concentrating the will aura on the scorpion, freezing it on the spot (Chapter 64).

However, it appears I was mistaken, because it was not mentioned that it was a 2 times increase in this chapter, we just know that it increases in effectiveness. However, in chapter 81 where he is much stronger, it was stated that he can now compress his Will Aura to a 90 degree cone, increasing its strength by 4 times, and stated that it would be too much for the guy sitting next to him (Who can withstand the normal will aura he was releasing that could freeze and even make other people unconscious).

Not sure if these are enough, but there is another thing that was weird. In chapter 105, it was stated that the level/realm of a cultivator did not increase their will power (Since Will Power can only be increased in certain situations like a lot of Life or Death battles), but it can decrease the enemy's resistance. It was also stated that cultivators at the same level as him would have some resistance, while those below his level had no resistance at all, and that those at his level would be unconscious (Keep in mind that Gravis' will aura is far stronger than other people at this point). It was also stated that with every level increase, the level of resistance would double. Would this be considered resistance negation and would it be layered?

Not sure if these are enough to consider every 4 times increase, increases the layering, or whether the whole cultivator thing would have layered resistances and resistance negation. If they are not enough, I can try to find other feats.

Edit: More proof for Cultivator's bypassing/negating resistance is shown in chapter 164. Gravis used his Will Aura on bunch of disciples and they were frozen solid, but one guy managed to awaken his own will aura and fled. Gravis then proceeded to level up from a level 7 to a level 8, and all the disciples who were frozen instead became unconscious, and the guy who was running, froze. Skye (Gravis' companion/pet) was also stated to not be able to resist the new Will Aura of Gravis, despite previously being able to resist it.

Last edited:
This whole proof is for a novel that is not yet indexed. The name of the novel is Lightning is the only way, and it can be added on the OP if it qualifies or not.

Anyways, to start, Gravis (The MC) can release his Will in a 360 direction, and can compress it as well. (Chapter 51). This is further supported when he released his Will Aura in order to demonstrate to the Guild Masters its usage/used for a challenge, and shown to have a radius of 30 meters. (Chapter 56). In his fight inside the wilderness, he activated his Will Aura (Most likely 360 degrees) to lure out a spider.

He was constantly fighting other beasts and they were not frozen, and his will aura was unleashed since he was still in the forest (This is further proven by stating that him releasing his Will Aura is his actual normal state, and does not take any energy. This is chapter 58 btw), and then stated to be able to freeze a scorpion that was about to him despite being already in his Will Aura range by concentrating the will aura on the scorpion, freezing it on the spot (Chapter 64).

However, it appears I was mistaken, because it was not mentioned that it was a 2 times increase in this chapter, we just know that it increases in effectiveness. However, in chapter 81 where he is much stronger, it was stated that he can now compress his Will Aura to a 90 degree cone, increasing its strength by 4 times, and stated that it would be too much for the guy sitting next to him (Who can withstand the normal will aura he was releasing that could freeze and even make other people unconscious).

Not sure if these are enough, but there is another thing that was weird. In chapter 105, it was stated that the level/realm of a cultivator did not increase their will power (Since Will Power can only be increased in certain situations like a lot of Life or Death battles), but it can decrease the enemy's resistance. It was also stated that cultivators at the same level as him would have some resistance, while those below his level had no resistance at all, and that those at his level would be unconscious (Keep in mind that Gravis' will aura is far stronger than other people at this point). It was also stated that with every level increase, the level of resistance would double. Would this be considered resistance negation and would it be layered?

Not sure if these are enough to consider every 4 times increase, increases the layering, or whether the whole cultivator thing would have layered resistances and resistance negation. If they are not enough, I can try to find other feats.
There is also more, like how he either couldn't compress his will aura further due to how "strong" it was, or it got so strong that he could no longer compress it while it retained its previous potency which I think could help in determining layers and stuff

There is also more, like how he either couldn't compress his will aura further due to how "strong" it was, or it got so strong that he could no longer compress it while it retained its previous potency which I think could help in determining layers and stuff
That's true. In chapter 153, Gravis' Will got upgraded, and he couldn't compress (for now) due to how strong it has become. He also stated that when compressing his Will Aura on a single person back then, its power would increase by several dozen fold. And it was stated that his new aura, in its 300 meter radius and uncompressed, was stronger than his compressed version.

@RoTt35 seems like 4 layers at best looking at the scaling. The telepathy amp and Jean getting stronger would need to be backed up by bypassing resistances she previously couldn't overpower.
The layer would be for Professor X while having his telepathy heightened by Phoenix Jean to an unimaginable extent, as normally he is far below Jean's potency/resistance (Professor X Mind Hax/Resistance < Jason Stryker Mind Hax/Resistance < Storm Resistance < Cerebro < Magneto's Helmet Resistance < Base Jean Grey Resistance), but with the amp he was able to, initially, have an even mind battle with Phoenix Jean while overcoming her psychic defenses, but ultimately he was unable to stop her in any way as her power gets stronger and stronger

In summary, I think that the mind hax of an amped Professor X could be a layer above Base Jean's resistance since he is able to access the mind and briefly have an even battle with Phoenix Jean (when before he couldn't even read or access the mind of her base self), who is far more powerful than her base self since she broke the psychic barriers that suppressed her power. Something like this:
  • A suppressed Jean Grey can read and manipulate Wolverine's mind, who is unaffected by Silverfox's mind hax [1 Layer]
  • Professor X can access Jean's mind and suppress her mind powers [2 Layers]
  • Jason Stryker can access Professor X's mind and create illusions [3 Layers]
  • Professor X with Cerebro can harm, and eventually kill, Storm's mind, who is unaffected by Jason Stryker's mind hax [4 Layers]
  • Phoenix Jean Grey heightened Professor X's mind Hax, being able to briefly have an even mind battle with her, who is far more powerful than her base self, whose resistance is superior than that of Magneto's helmet which can block the psychic wave from Cerebro [5 Layers]

Last edited:
the powers getting stronger and stronger and the whole "unimaginable extent" stuff needs to be supported with being able to overcome resistances that previously couldn't be beaten, without them it doesn't help with the layers stuff

the powers getting stronger and stronger and the whole "unimaginable extent" stuff needs to be supported with being able to overcome resistances that previously couldn't be beaten, without them it doesn't help with the layers stuff
Yeah, amped Professor X was able to access Phoenix Jean's mind and had a mind battle with her when he couldn't even access Base Jean's mind before

Back