• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Layer Evaluation Thread

So i come back again for another round of evaluation on slime layered abilities, right here right now
@deonment For the layered hax to work the lesser beings would need to be resistant to the normal effects of the SOUL injection as opposed to it being limited. As for the soul sanctum and soul tyrant stuff, not fully sure on this for it being layered hax, that would need some elaboration for it to be layered, like the soul sanctum being completely fine from the former stuff, but the stronger effects they’re susceptible to only for the stronger beings to resist that one easily.

@Catpija the first scan doesn’t really help for layered hax, just sounds like normal RPG currency exchange. The others is fine.

@Jozaysmith? can you highlight what parts are you pushing for? Because I’m seeing accepted all over the place.

The castle guard thing doesn’t tell me much on Power null layers, especially when the description talks about BFR’ing the target so I’m a bit iffy on that, the rest looks ok.

All right, I'm back!

With a... weird one this time.

Layered Intangibility for Ghost Widow who doesn't have a profile yet but will

Positron can hit Ghosts with his crap

2:11

Here's Ghost Widow Phasing through one of his blasts.

Keep in mind she needs to activate this Intangibility, so Anti-feats actually just... don't exist.

Subaru has:
Satella can:
Madness Manipulation (Type 3; A Witch's Miasma is so potent and voluminous that if a Witch stops holding it back, it will drive most people in their presence to suicidal insanity. Her Miasma managed to drive Subaru insane[13]),

+1 layer of madness hax for her and resistance to the witches/Reinhard/Volcanica/Reid who can resist it
Moreover
Daphne's madness hax from her left eye works on Subaru
Madness Manipulation (Types 2 & 3; Daphne's left eye causes those who look into it to be attacked by agonizing starvation that drives the victim insane near instantaneously and it is considered unthreatening compared to her right eye(+2))
And her right eye would be threatening to someone who wouldnt be affected by her left eye
So she has 1 layer of madness hax with her left eye and 2 layers with her right eye

Last edited:
@Robo432343 half of the scans aren't working, but the mangekyo being superior to normal sharinghan, and the latter against normal genjutsus looks fine.
Which scans in particular aren't working? They're all working for me, I can try to get them updated later

Actually, I know which ones you aren't seeing:

Here's for EMS > MS

Here's for Koto > EMS & MS (Itachi had Koto as a failsafe to use against Sasuke, whom he knew had EMS)

There's no link for IT > Koto, as the argument presented is as such:
A) It's powered with the most powerful Dojutsu in the series, the Rinne Sharingan, AND Six Paths Senjutsu Chakra.
B) As established with prior examples (EMS Sharingan > MS Sharingan > 3T Sharingan), that evolved Dojutsu also evolve in Genjutsu Potency
C) The only Jutsu capable of countering it is a Six Paths enhanced Rinnegan (which strengthens the evidence for the next layer as well)

Here's for the Last Sasuke's Tomoe Rinnegan > Koto

Well, ask the supporters to send link to the message that accepted their layers

Layered time stop for Kamen Rider Zi-O's character:
The Singularity in the verse are those who unaffected time stop yet was stopped by the power of time jacker who manipulate time, the leader of time jacker can resist his fellows' time stop abilities but helpless before his sister (Tsukuyomi) whose time stop abilities is several greater than the Time Jackers including her brother.
So I guess this would be 1 layer to the Time Jackers, at least 2 to several layer to Tsukuyomi
Not to impose but being several times greater doesn't grant layers.

honestly, at this point I feel like we should force it to make a "blog" or "sandbox" for the layers of a verse, then post it with the verse. This will make it a lot easier to evaluate, use and possibly debunk. (we will also add link to the blog/sandbox next to the name in the result thingy)

I’d like to just ask this since I’ve seen it a bit here: can we not rush supporters of verses into sending in the hax layers that need evaluating? They may need time to gather everything and/or may be busy with other things at the moment.
Yeah, obviously no one should be rushing anyone.

@Catpija the first scan doesn’t really help for layered hax, just sounds like normal RPG currency exchange. The others is fine.

@Jozaysmith? can you highlight what parts are you pushing for? Because I’m seeing accepted all over the place.
Sorry, i have come yet again
All the new things are as requested from {below} statement, here's the blog, please take your time, thanks

Fear Manipulation; This is shown as the base of the aura on the demon. Then the so-called 'highest rank demon' has an aura that can affect up to countless souls.
IIrc this is just them being scared from the power so no. They are just scaring them is all. It needs to be character A fear hax gets resisted by Character B, Character C fear hax Character B and it can't just be because Character C is stronger.

If it was all poisons maybe, but this just looks like they resist poisonous air. Is the mist the same as the air they resist?

IIrc this is just them being scared from the power so no. They are just scaring them is all. It needs to be character A fear hax gets resisted by Character B, Character C fear hax Character B and it can't just be because Character C is stronger.
If that case can't be used, does this give Fear a 'boost'? Like 'Enhanced or improved or higher etc'?
If it was all poisons maybe, but this just looks like they resist poisonous air. Is the mist the same as the air they resist?
Mist is different, it's created by the opponent & its effects can affect fairies. It seems like this is the case because it comes from a different intermediary, but for 'Incense' itself it has been stated by mertyl to have a strong effect.

If that case can't be used, does this give Fear a 'boost'? Like 'Enhanced or improved or higher etc'?
Nah. Unless there some other stuff to go off of.

Mist is different, it's created by the opponent & its effects can affect fairies. It seems like this is the case because it comes from a different intermediary, but for 'Incense' itself it has been stated by mertyl to have a strong effect.
It can be a stronger, different poison then but not layered.

Nah. Unless there some other stuff to go off of.

It can be a stronger, different poison then but not layered.
Alr.

Since the intermediary is different, does this mean it rejects layering? Didn't you say that breaking through the opponent's resistance can also qualify as layering?

I know JJK supporters know this but I'd like it recognized for clarity.

So Cursed spirits & Cursed Energy are invisible and exist as forms of a second light and sorcerers can see them.

Limited Biological Manipulation & Enhanced Senses (Cursed energy is able to rewire the brain of humans, allowing them to defy modern science and technology, such as being able to perceive cursed spirits which exist within the wavelengths of visible light but are unrecognizable to the normal brain and cannot be captured on cameras due to being a second form of light[1])

Then we have Sukuna's dismantle which are also invisible but they are invisible even to sorcerers. And we know this is invisibility due to Mahoraga adapting to it and being able to see it afterwards showing its generally been invisible to others.

So layering would be: Cursed Energy < Dismantle.

Since the intermediary is different, does this mean it rejects layering? Didn't you say that breaking through the opponent's resistance can also qualify as layering?
I don't even think poison would have layering due to how that would work.

Like resisting one poison doesn't mean you could resist another. It would have to be specifically that the poison someone resisted somehow became more potent but given how poison works, it being more potent would mean its stronger not layered in most contexts. You're better off with saying the mist is stronger than the air that Faeries resists than saying its layered.

I don't even think poison would have layering due to how that would work.

Like resisting one poison doesn't mean you could resist another. It would have to be specifically that the poison someone resisted somehow became more potent but given how poison works, it being more potent would mean its stronger not layered in most contexts. You're better off with saying the mist is stronger than the air that Faeries resists than saying its layered.
Hm, kinda hard to deny but I appreciate it. Thanks for the evaluation 🙏

I feel like poisons (or similar health-related hax) should be treated different than supernatural hax. Potency of poisons have their are form of measure in real life (LD50) and effects vary depending of the form of administration and how much substance was injected. For instance, what poison in the natural world is considered "baseline"?

I feel like poisons (or similar health-related hax) should be treated different than supernatural hax. Potency of poisons have their are form of measure in real life (LD50) and effects vary depending of the form of administration and how much substance was injected. For instance, what poison in the natural world is considered "baseline"?
Probably something like alcohol?

But yeah, I'd support a note being put on the Poison Manipulation page that layers don't really apply to it

Back