• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Layer Evaluation Thread

Just recently saw this so gonna answer to @Everything12
So it looks like their is some relevant stuff, so their does seem to exist some layers, but some of it does look invalid, and some of it doesn't give explanation.
From what I understand your only problems/doubts are the green text stuff you wrote right? If that's the case gonna answer:
Does this include feats of things that would resist?
About evolution magic, yes, for example by using it someone can upgrade their resistance to a hax that would affect them, after all the point of evolution magic is to upgrade abilities to a higher tier.
Relevance?
To point that even while severely weakened Laus spirit magic overcome apostleified spirit magic.
Adding Conceptual doesnt change anything
By itself no, but in this case this conceptual enhancement (which specifically strengthened his soul) is something that upgrade a character in general, like an hax that would previously kill someone now don't do much after get said stuff, the point of the linked scan was to show that.

Copy pasted what i got told for layered hax

well, i guess Time Power from Dragon Ball Heroes could be looked into, currently the page uses these scans to claim that Less time power/time energy = more layers for the Time Power, with the wording for both being as follows:

1st scan = Time Power's power & abilities' potency is parallel with the amount of Time Energy users have in them, the bigger the Time Power's energy is, the stronger Time Power's abilities and resistances become.

2nd scan = Time Power can nullify the powers & abilities of comparable or weaker Time Power

It’s layered for sure, but we’ve been figuring out how many layers. I don’t know what the point of that was since we don’t have an established number of layers yet. Though if I need to explain anything you can ask.

Ergenverse has it so that every higher level of cultivation (of which there are 9 levels per realm on average), grants greater potency and resistance than those below, completely negating the latter.

As can also be seen with Divine Sense, which is a manifestation of one's cultivation and soul;
inb4 you get more attention on this than you do the GoW post

It’s layered for sure, but we’ve been figuring out how many layers. I don’t know what the point of that was since we don’t have an established number of layers yet. Though if I need to explain anything you can ask.
the standards are stricter now, so the current justifications for it should be looken into to see if the stricter standards make it still layered based on the logic presented there, specifically the "more Time Power/Time Energy = More Layers" part

the standards are stricter now, so the current justifications for it should be looken into to see if the stricter standards make it still layered based on the logic presented there, specifically the "more Time Power/Time Energy = More Layers" part
Yes, it’s established and stated that weaker time power doesn’t work on higher time power, as stated and shown by the interaction with Aeos and Chronoa in those scans. Also, there’s showings of weaker time power not working on stronger time power. I guess a similar example would be like how Haki works. Since there’s a mixture of statements + showings.

this hax layer blog needs evaluation

this guys countless layered stuff needs to be evaluated

this guys countless layered stuff needs to be evaluated
IIRC Destiny layers is based on Hive essentially farming the sword logic killing each other to make their abilities stronger than they were before. I don't have any sources so I'll just call our resident Destiny expert:

@WHYNAUT

The standards are stricter now so I don't know about the last 3 points but the first 2 should qualify, it's even stated that Monkey Khan Ring Crown grants protection from mind control, which is then pierced by the Iron Queen abilities

Also I know Xenoblade's layered Intangibility was brought up before. Admittedly I'm not the most knowledgeable on that, so I can't really say much on that matter

Good thing I'm better than you fodder staff.

I can solo any modern-day staff member with this pfp
tmp-avataro-YVM90.png
Solo this comment deletion, punk

This all seems to make sense.
Jesus, Archie Sonic has a lot of layers.

******* Sheikh Aizen. That pic is top tier.

Anyways, I assume if there are stages to power in a series, and we are shown instances of characters bypassing or resisting abilities of lower characters time and time again, and it is mentioned it is because of their higher stage, would that be enough to assume layers with the current layers standards?

Solo this comment deletion, punk
I came back from Fandom deletion, your red name powers have no effect on me fool.

Slayer of green names LordGinSama.

But on a more serious note, obviously we won't be able to evaluate all verses that utilize layers so this should be mainly targeting primary verses and pages with the most views. With how many pages we have of characters, evaluating all of them is essentially impossible so I feel like simply adding a rule about how layers work is the easiest solution. From there supporters can evaluate them from that point.

@Bobsican Not really, this seems to be more of a mechanic of the card system than any layers, especially when both characters can be affected by any numbered cards to begin with so no established resistance is there.
As brought up in the original thread, characters can resist this whole stuff even with the highest possible number regardless of cards, with the game even mentioning that, and the characters can be affected with the same sort of abilities in later games, thus upscaling further in layers (in retrospective it'd be 28 hax layers and just 27 resistance layers).

IIRC Destiny layers is based on Hive essentially farming the sword logic killing each other to make their abilities stronger than they were before. I don't have any sources so I'll just call our resident Destiny expert:

@WHYNAUT

Why do you do this to me?

It's actually paracausal power in general. Sword Logic is just the easiest example.

I'll get back to this at some later point.
How 'official' is this thread actually? I don't want to write a large post, justifying layers for nothing. No offense to Fujiwara.

Last edited:
Back