• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Layer Evaluation Thread

• Magic Nullification (Her body will automatically disintegrate magicules, which nullifies any magic on her)
Since it was listed as powernull in addition to passive purification in its profile, I commented thinking it was powernull and there is nothing we can define as passive resistance here, this should already be passive purification + magic resistance or also powernull as listed in the profile. Regardless, it doesn't make sense to list this as layered healing.
If we assume it is magic resistance, that by itself means healing potion not working on Hinata is due to her resisting its effect, since the Healing potion is still just magicule-made
layered Healing comes from that

She's not resisting the effect. she's dismantling the magicule within the potion rendering it null as they are no longer assembled as a healing potion and just become pure magicules.

There is a reason why Holy Magic is needed to heal if she has resistance to healing that would also include any form of healing and not just magicule based healing

Layers for Tensura

It erased Gluttony which is a Unique Skill and Beelzebuth which is an Ultimate Skill and it works on Spirit Particles that ignore Space and Time[13][14][15][16], and they can penetrate one's Core made of Information Particles.[17]. A core or heart is defined as the fundamental information, skills, and conceptual self of an individual

Skill user has unconventional resistance to:
Power Destruction (Skills are inscribed into the soul which resists any outside interference, like if someone attempts to erase, steal, absorb or seperate skills it would not work [1])- Volume 2, Chapter 1 (Light novel)

Now incase you think this is just because of Soul Inteference which would mean interacting with Information. The answer is not always true since Disintegration abilities does not always reach and destroy the soul in order for it to work like in certain cases we have also seen Disintegration magic like Melt Slash being able to destroy a skill when the skill is being used in the middle of a disintegration attack and this works on both Unique Skills and Ultimate Skills .

So, why is it layered ? Good question because this was further supported by the fact that erasing skill etched to the soul isn't possible - Volume 2, Chapter 1 (Light novel) and another point to make is that Disintegration Magic only has Information Type 2 mainly because they can reach the core and hit the soul . Therefore, it is logical to assume that this has something to do with a layer of Power Destruction and Information Type 2 being involved here because Disintegration magic can also work by not reaching the soul or the core and they can destroy Skills etched to the target soul whenever they aim to attack the skill (which is not suppose to be possible)

We also have another reason for a layer of Power Absorption like Hinata using her Unique Skill Usurper to steal and and seize skills and spirits from opponents- Volume 4, Epilogue because of an ability she have , and all Ultimate Skill users can resist this, and Unique Skill can also be used against other Unique Skill users which further supports this statement
Conclusion: 1 layer of Power Destruction for Disintegration users and 1 layer of Power Absorption for Hinata. +1 layer for Unique Skills if they can bypass resistance. That is all

Last edited:
Aight, proposing layered mind hax for game Naruto and Sasuke now that I have my laptop back

In Ultimate Ninja 2, Kabuto is able to mind control multiple shinobi, including Naruto, using Gedo Seal: Confusion. After Naruto's fight with Sakura, Naruto is able to eventually break out of it without the use of Gedo Seal: Release which Tsunade used to undo the mind control. (1 layer)

In Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3, Shinga is able to mind control Naruto with his Jibakugan despite Naruto previously resisting Gedo Seal: Release, but by using KN0 Naruto is able to break out of it. Naruto then outright resists Shinga's second attempt at mind controlling him immediately. Sasuke with his 3T Sharingan can also resist the Jibakugan. (1 layer)

The 3T Sharingan's resistance can be broken through with Mangekyo Sharingan, as seen when Itachi was able to put Kakashi under Tsukuyomi despite the 3T Sharingan being able to resist the Jibakugan. (1 layer)

In Storm Connections, Naruto is mind controlled by the Engraved Tsukuyomi despite his previous 2 resistance feats, Sasuke with his Rinnegan is able to easily resist this (1 layer)

So that's 3 layers of mind hax for Sasuke, 2 layers of mind hax resistance for Naruto and 3 layers of mind hax resistance for Sasuke
Bump

Alright, time to get some of this out of the way.
@Pedonar not really seeing the layered stuff, you mostly explained the resistance to the slime powers but that's it.

@RanaProGamer first thing doesn't remotely show resistance, just that sakura had to knock naruto out of the control, so that wouldn't really mean much. The rest just shows baseline resistance to 1 layer of hax/resistance.

@TheGreatJedi13 the primal beasts resisting it wouldn't be layered hax, just baseline resistance, though admittedly I can't exactly see where the part of the primals are affected here so any pointers to where it's said and I can see 1 layer. Idk what you're talking about with the 7-D soul stuff so some elaboration would help.

@Flashlight237 I'm not really seeing layered hax here. We just have petrification resistance and mind control resistance, which are two separate abilities so this wouldnt constitute as layered hax.

@Omazio2019 that sounds a bit more like a weakness gimmick of countering a KR ability with another KR ability. It looks more like that Omazio just grants other riders resistance to other characters powers.

@Astral_Trinity439 Not really seeing the layers here.

@Wikisource you copied the corrosion stuff twice, also where's the layered stuff for the causality/time stuff?

@Mizuki67 looks fine I suppose.

Not really seeing the layers here.
For the Healing and Holy manip part

First there is a basic grade Holy Type Healing spell, which serves as Baseline of said hax
Then there is Hinata who resisted the Healing effect of Healing potion, which heals the target, due to her passive purification, baseline resistance
Then there is luminous who used an advanced/miracle grade holy type healing magic and it successfully healed Hinata, 1 layer

For the purification part, the baseline was basic level holy magic, which can purify the undead and the like, this is the baseline for purification
and then there are Spiritual lifeforms that have resistant to holy based attacks, now, while we cant say this extends to miracle grade holy magic resistance as well, but they should, by that, at least resist normal holy magic, this becomes baseline resistance
Then there is holy arc, a miracle grade holy magic, which burned even luminous, a vampire, and a spiritual lifeform, this becomes 1 layer

@Pedonar not really seeing the layered stuff, you mostly explained the resistance to the slime powers but that's it.
1. The MC resisted slime power absorption = base resistance, Then another character named manticore absorbed the MC’s powers, so this should be 1 layer for manticore
2. The MC was able to debuff a monster who has debuff resistance; it’s directly 1 layer or not ?
3. For the same reason as above, character A has resistance to poison and was affected by the MC’s poison.

@TheGreatJedi13 the primal beasts resisting it wouldn't be layered hax, just baseline resistance, though admittedly I can't exactly see where the part of the primals are affected here so any pointers to where it's said and I can see 1 layer. Idk what you're talking about with the 7-D soul stuff so some elaboration would help.
This is the part when he went completely berserk after Nio and the Orchestra tried to correct his dissonance. As mentioned by Nio he might go berserk and it is up to the crew to suppress him until they fully tune his melody alongside the negative emotions of the islanders that he accumulated

Then the aftermath where Nio believes he won't go berserk again.

Regarding Lyria Absorbing Caro. they later confirmed he absorbs only his powers and none of his emotions/heart which is why he does not respond even if Lyria tries to call him

ignore the 7D part I'll probably make a separate CRT since it might include Universal Energy System

@RanaProGamer first thing doesn't remotely show resistance, just that sakura had to knock naruto out of the control, so that wouldn't really mean much. The rest just shows baseline resistance to 1 layer of hax/resistance.

@Flashlight237 I'm not really seeing layered hax here. We just have petrification resistance and mind control resistance, which are two separate abilities so this wouldnt constitute as layered hax.

@Omazio2019 that sounds a bit more like a weakness gimmick of countering a KR ability with another KR ability. It looks more like that Omazio just grants other riders resistance to other characters powers.

@Astral_Trinity439 Not really seeing the layers here.

@Wikisource you copied the corrosion stuff twice, also where's the layered stuff for the causality/time stuff?

@Mizuki67 looks fine I suppose.
Fair enough. I had my suspicions. Hey, if it helps, I suggested this thread to be pinned either here or in WIki Management.

@Astral_Trinity439 the purification being what stops the healing and holy manipulation isn't a resistance, that's the equivalent of resisting a bug bite because of bug repellant, you're not resisting anything, you're just killing off the thing that has the ability in the first place.

@RanaProGamer you should've used that in the explanation, that's still just baseline resistance for the naruto resistance feat.

@TheGreatJedi13 much better thanks.

@Pedonar where's the manticore absorbing the main character scan? Can you highlight that part because I just see an imgur link with along dragged out explanation of absorption.

The first one with naruto resisting the genjutsu would be baseline is what I meant, the others upscaling from the naruto stuff would be just one to two layers.

yeah not seeing it there tbh.
Slime, MC, and Manticore have similar abilities that allow them to steal or copy any power they consume/eat.

For example, if character A has fire manipulation and is eaten by one of these characters, partially or entirely, they will also gain that ability.

Now for the layered absorption: it started with the Slime trying to consume the MC but failing and being consumed instead.

Then, after 30-40 chapters, another character with a similar ability, called Manticore, appeared and managed to consume part of the MC's body, which allowed him to copy the MC's power.

The MC resisted the Slime's skill, and then Manticore absorbed the MC's power.

So, how is this not layered absorption?

the scans doesn't remotely show anything on how the MC's body is being absorbed instead, just that the fishes just don't consume him and he burns them all.

@Pedonar given that the full on absorption that the slime and MC does isn't happening here, I don't really see it unless they're visually different.

@Wikisource can you show me the exact scan of this happening?

I'm curious about something. Could I post a sandbox with the layers for a bunch of different characters of a verse here for it to be evaluated for each?

Uhh... Would this count as layered Time Manipulation..?:

I mean, it's a time loop, but given how the time loop works (a simple floor trap sending Jashin-chan into the next timeline), it feels like the time loop/timelines works literally like this:
MHtjscU.png

Did I mention Jashin-chan is a Type 1 Acausality user?

@Wikisource you’re not explaining anything, you’re just linking a cosmology blog and none of the scans remotely talk about Shinpei having resistance to causality hax and being affected. Give me the scans of him resisting it and being affected.

@Pedonar the absorption from the slime doesn’t remotely look anything like what’s happening with the fishes, again not seeing how this is bypassing resistance to absorption here.

@Flashlight237 what part of being in a timeloop constitutes as layered time manipulation? Unless they keep forgetting each timeline reset despite being Acausal (which isn’t the case since she seems to remember every time) I don’t see it.

@Pedonar the absorption from the slime doesn’t remotely look anything like what’s happening with the fishes, again not seeing how this is bypassing resistance to absorption here.

What fishes?

Look at the link again. I added more scans. The manticore directly ate part of the MC’s body, and that “fishes” is an ability that the MC uses. The manticore stole this ability, which allows the user to turn any part of their body into parasites or some living form only.

So basically, that “fishes” is an ability that he stole after eating part of the MC’s body.

@Wikisource you’re not explaining anything, you’re just linking a cosmology blog and none of the scans remotely talk about Shinpei having resistance to causality hax and being affected. Give me the scans of him resisting it and being affected.

@Flashlight237 what part of being in a timeloop constitutes as layered time manipulation? Unless they keep forgetting each timeline reset despite being Acausal (which isn’t the case since she seems to remember every time) I don’t see it.
I mean, the part where people other than Jashin-chan don't follow her into the other timelines (bearing in mind the time loop comes in the form of a physical object, i.e. a floor trap), leaving 17,710 entire timelines without a Jashin-chan?

Last edited:
Alr, Shinpei have resistance to causality/time hax because this. He have Haine's right eye, which stated that "the power that overcome time". Time within causality so anyone have Haine's right eye should have resistance to causality/time hax.

About causality/time loop.

After erasing Hiruko from the past, Ushio time traveled to the past. Here, she was the one who said what Shinpei heard, the one who sent the message to Hizuru, the one who gave Haine's eyes to Shinpei (what Shinpei saw in chapter 1). This proves that events in SR do not just happen once but happen many times, all creating an endless loop.

Ushio gives the eye to Shinpei => Goes through the events in SR => Eliminates Hiruko 300 years ago => Ushio returns to the past and gives the eye to Shinpei... =>And a new loop begins.
From above, Shinpei have a resist about it but he still affected by causality loop. He have the Haine's right eye but all things he did just a part in event series, which looped many times, which created by Ushio. For more context, it in ch 138 and 139 (it's too long so I can't give them). Besides, after a loop finished, a new timeline without shadows will be created. After that, a new loop begins to create the timeline that doesn't have shadows.

@Pedonar so that’s power absorption, the slime thing looks more like biological absorption than anything. Wouldn’t really help with layered hax when it’s a different type of absorption being used.

@Flashlight237 that doesn’t sound like layered time hax, plus being type 1 Acausal wouldn’t really mean you’re resistant to time hax, at best it would be affecting someone who’s a type 1 Acausal.

@Wikisource thanks, now I can see the layered hax here.

@Pedonar so that’s power absorption, the slime thing looks more like biological absorption than anything. Wouldn’t really help with layered hax when it’s a different type of absorption being used.
How is it different when all three use the same method, and also they get their power from the same being?

The slime is a very different form of absorption, that being biological since it absorbs the mass of the targets, the fishes just absorb the powers specifically, which isn’t the same. Also them being from the same being doesn’t really do anything for layered hax here.

The slime is a very different form of absorption, that being biological since it absorbs the mass of the targets, the fishes just absorb the powers specifically, which isn’t the same. Also them being from the same being doesn’t really do anything for layered hax here.
I don’t know why you keep mentioning the fishes when I already explained that their ability to absorb power is not even related to the fishes

Its just an ability that got absorbed and has nothing to do with absorption

That’s still power absorption, that still backs up what I said. This wouldn’t be layered hax when it’s two different abilities.

That’s still power absorption, that still backs up what I said. This wouldn’t be layered hax when it’s two different abilities.
And how does it back up what you say?

It’s literally the same: a guy was reincarnated as a slime with a skill that allows him to absorb any power he eats.

And the main character and the manticore have the same skill which anything they eat will turn into nothingness and get saved into his dimensional storage which is inside their bodies

Both can use the body characteristics and magical abilities of what they consume.

So whats the difference i don't get it?

@Pedonar
anything they eat will turn into nothingness and get saved into his dimensional storage which is inside their bodies
You got the scans for these? Because none of the scans you posted remotely mention this.

I got a question for layers. Like let's say if there are characters that are acausal 1 and 4 but they are still bounded by some Laws, Causality or Time. Will that be acausality layer ?

Back