• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Summer Time Rendering: Causality Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wikisource

He/Him
In this CRT, I will explain about "causality loop" and give Acausality type 4 for some characters. (SR stand for Summer time Rendering)

Feats & Arguements

First mentioned by Shide in chapter 62 when explaining Ajiro Shinpei's abilities. He opened with the question "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?". And added that "Cause and effect form a circle". He then began to explain Shinpei's abilities. This shows that Shinpei's ability affects or is related to cause and effect.

The second time was by Hizuru in chapter 64, who theorized that the Shinpei eye was given by Ushio after connecting the events and said "a cause and effect loop within a time loop".

=>Cause and effect exist in time.

After erasing Hiruko from the past, Ushio time traveled to the past. Here, she was the one who said what Shinpei heard, the one who sent the message to Hizuru, the one who gave Haine's eyes to Shinpei (what Shinpei saw in chapter 1). This proves that events in SR do not just happen once but happen many times, all creating an endless loop.

Ushio gives the eye to Shinpei => Goes through the events in SR => Eliminates Hiruko 300 years ago => Ushio returns to the past and gives the eye to Shinpei =>.... And a new loop begins .

One thing to note is that after each death, Shinpei will move to a new timeline, in other words all the events in SR result in a timeline where shadows do not exist. Or create a new timeline. Like the question "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Events in SR have no beginning or end. All of the above creates a never-ending loop that results in a new timeline.

=>Therefore, on a theoretical basis, there will be an infinite number of new timelines created. (Probably 2A structure)

And Haine's Eye was explained "the power to overcome time". This mean this power is beyond the time (within cause & effect)

=>Acausality type 4 for Ajiro Shinpei, Ushio Kofune & Haine.

Conclusion (TL; DR)
  • Time within causality
  • Infinite causality loops
  • Acausality type 4 for Shinpei, Ushio, Haine.

Does this kean the cosmology will finally become 2-A? I've appealed twice for this. It's currently 2-B for the countless timelines that exist

I'm not sure this is a case of Acausality.

Instead this looks like the powers of time-travel, cosmic awareness, and causality manipulation/fate manipulation all working together.

Nothing in particular is actually saying these characters are working on some different causality from all the rest.

The only thing with any indication, maybe is that cause and effect loop, but its not clear enough for me to feel confident in something like Acausality.

I'm not sure this is a case of Acausality.

Instead this looks like the powers of time-travel, cosmic awareness, and causality manipulation/fate manipulation all working together.

Nothing in particular is actually saying these characters are working on some different causality from all the rest.

The only thing with any indication, maybe is that cause and effect loop, but its not clear enough for me to feel confident in something like Acausality.
It is explained as the power to "overcome" (same as beyond) time (within cause and effect). This is to show that they exist on a higher causal system.

Not necessarily, since the current scans you have say the eye looks beyond time from a higher dimension. Clearly that exist on a higher level, but I wouldn't say that demonstrates the characters existing on a higher level

Last edited:
Not necessarily, since the current scans you have say the eye looks beyond time from a higher dimension. Clearly that exist on a higher level, but I wouldn't say that demonstrates the characters existing on a higher level
Btw, what you think about 2A structure?

Last edited:
I'm super tired at the moment, so I'm kinda just focusing in on the causality stuff. Give me a few hours, I'll come back and I'll see if a refreshed brain can give better evaluation. That said, I would add those scans of the character originating or being in this higher place to help strengthen your OP

I'm super tired at the moment, so I'm kinda just focusing in on the causality stuff. Give me a few hours, I'll come back and I'll see if a refreshed brain can give better evaluation. That said, I would add those scans of the character originating or being in this higher place to help strengthen your OP
Oh, yes. Rest as long as you want. I will add some scans rn

Below is a small addition to the OP.

According to this wiki's acausality page. Acausality type 4 characters operate on a different cause and effect system.

Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.

Formally, very few verses function in this way; instead they often "beyond/transcendent" or are "independent" of cause and effect while operating under the influence of the cause and effect system. In other words, it operates on a different cause and effect system.

Accordingly, characters possessing Haine's eyes such as Ushio and Shinpei all beyond cause and effect. Not to mention Tokoyo (higher dimension was mentioned) doesn't have time so it's safe to say. They are truly independent of cause and effect and operate on a different causal system.

Last edited:
Btw, I added scans for this.
Is can be, the origin of power is Haine, who from higher D. Ushio (Shadow) is a part of Haine. And Shinpei get that power from Ushio. (Already have scan in OP).
About Shinpei's scan in OP.
The second time was by Hizuru in chapter 64, who theorized that the Shinpei eye was given by Ushio after connecting the events and said "a cause and effect loop within a time loop".

=>Cause and effect exist in time.

After erasing Hiruko from the past, Ushio time traveled to the past. Here, she was the one who said what Shinpei heard, the one who sent the message to Hizuru, the one who gave Haine's eyes to Shinpei (what Shinpei saw in chapter 1). This proves that events in SR do not just happen once but happen many times, all creating an endless loop

Checking back in, I'm still not much seeing solid proof for Acausality Type 4, so I think for now I'll stick with my original response. Do feel free to reach out to other staff members cause I'm willing to admit part of this does feel like its just going over my head.

Checking back in, I'm still not much seeing solid proof for Acausality Type 4, so I think for now I'll stick with my original response. Do feel free to reach out to other staff members cause I'm willing to admit part of this does feel like its just going over my head.
I have sent it to many employees but they have not responded yet. Maybe I'll try it with others.

It doesn’t tell me anything about functioning under different laws, just that they overcame time itself, which sounds like a resistance feat at best.

It doesn’t tell me anything about functioning under different laws, just that they overcame time itself, which sounds like a resistance feat at best.
But isn't it common for characters who are declared to transcend cause and effect to be given acausality type 4? Put in this case, that power is explained as "overcome" which is synonymous with "transcend" as I looked up in the Cambridge dictionary. Another thing is that they also exist independently of time as they can move around in Tokoyo (a place where time does not exist). So is acausality type 4 reasonable?
Accordingly, characters possessing Haine's eyes such as Ushio and Shinpei all beyond cause and effect. Not to mention Tokoyo (higher dimension was mentioned) doesn't have time so it's safe to say. They are truly independent of cause and effect and operate on a different causal system.

Overcoming doesn’t mean you function on different laws, that’s no different from overcoming poison or any offensive ability, which is by definition a resistance feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back