• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hank vs Doomguy (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I can't make a vote on my own thread, I will say this.

Hank has a slight speed edge, but with the Berserk Sphere he can't really harm Doomguy. Either Hank blitzes him before he can use the Berserk Sphere, or Doomguy kills Hank so much the Higher Powers get tired of the fight and dip.

Looking at this blog it would either be Mach 3.742 or Mach 1.1845; neither of which are Supersonic without a "+" sign. The former is Supersonic+, and the other is Transonic but really close to Supersonic. And I'm not sure which end was accepted.

The second calc was done because when firing the bullet, the gun moved closer. That's how he got the Supersonic+ feat. However, the gun only moves post firing the bullet, so the Supersonic low-end should be what works. My bad.

Also by blitz I meant he just wins via speed, I didn't mean the actual definition.

Does Doomguy start with the Berserk Sphere? Because if so, he wins since he can no-sell Hank's attacks and hit him with a powerful weapon. If not, I'd say because Hank is more used to dealing with metaphysical stuff and killed Tricky despite him being at a stat disadvantage, he's more skilled, and could likely still kill Doomguy despite the minor gaps.

Again, I can't vote, just making arguments.

The Berserk Sphere is something Doomguy has to find and pick up, but when he does spot one; it is in character for him to go for it and make use of it. I should also note that Doomuy's superior movement speed can give him a slight edge given he could grab the Berserk Sphere before Hank can catch up to him. The BFG 9000 I'll note is something he only uses as a last resort.

In which case, Hank Bullettimes and fills Doomguy with holes.

If they engage in a direct gun fight... Hank bullettimes and fills Doomguy with holes, still.

Hank runs through entire facilities of armed gunmen trained to kill him and flying jesus enemies. Doomguy is skilled, but a fair amount of the enemies he faces are decently animalistic, and Doomguy usually has better stuff to work with; Hank uses whatever he has.

I'm going to vote Hank. He can take one absolute hell of a beating (having his jaw ripped off, battern and beaten, nearly a walking skeleton) and still continue fighting as if nothing was wrong. Doomguy could win via the Sphere, but I believe Hank shoots him doen first.

Mr King is probably going to be triggered for hearing the demons are only "Animalistic" But actually, plenty of demons are actually much more highly trained in combat than most humans. And even Cyberdemon is able to operate futuristic technologies without any training. Doomguy was also able to deal with Spider Mastermind; who is a genius military strategist, computer hacker, and has supercomputer like intellect. Not saying that's quite on Hank's level, but Doomguy is actually much smarter than people realize.

Oh, I have no doubt that Doomguy's a skilled and capable person! The guy's too damn angry for all of Hell combined to take him down, after all. But Hank is very likely above him, being able to traverse and travel in the exceptionally odd world that is Nevada (where standard distances/metrics are quite off) and still fight just fine.

How often does he find Berserk Spheres? Are they an every-game, every-level or final-boss type item? Is it just a few rare occurences? Cause then it wouldn't be standard equipment and he wouldn't have it.

I don't doubt he'd use the BFG though.

Anyhow Moritzva and Medeus both make good points here. I think they should be equal intellectually, but Hank walking around like a walking skeleton and still beating the shit out of people because he's ecstatic is killer.

Berserk Spheres (or kits since this is Doomguy) are in every game and episodes. You'll find them in several levels in each chapter (DOOM has several chapters in the single game) so I say they're decently common.

Doomguy has Spheres, Hank has bullettime and revival. I'm sticking with Hank.

Then again, Doomguy has several weapons to one-shot Hank. And with the Berserk Sphere, Hank can't hurt Doomguy at all. I think I go for Doomguy.

Doomguy would have to kill Hank enough, is the thing. Unless he literally leads, instantly, with the Berserk Sphere, and it lasts the entire battle, Hank is going to kill him before he uses it.

Doomguy can one-shot each Hank without the Berserk sphere. Doomguy has no reason not to use it during the beginning honesty, we haven't really seen him save it for a last chance. Should also point out that Unmaker is far faster than Hank. Doomguy only needs one shot, however Hank will need at least a few. And with the Berserk Sphere, the right will end much faster.

Er, who says Doomguy oneshots? Since if anything it's the other way around. Hank can survive while literally mangled, jaw ripped off, nearly a walking zombie. And his guns are more than capable of downing far larger and more potent foes.

Not only does the Berserk Sphere not even seem to be a handheld item, but rather something he finds and instantly uses (meaning, as DDM implied, he has to get it) but Hank can easily riddle him with bullets to stop him.

Even if he gets it, he kills Hank once, then the Sphere runs out. Maybe twice, if he's lucky. And then, Hank kills him.

Wait, does Doomguy even have a 9-A calc or justification besides upscaling? Since if not, yea, Hank takes this. He absolutely bodies and one-shots Doomguy unless he uses The Berserk Shield- and if he does use The Berserk Shield, Hank uses his nimble mobility and Bullettime to run him around (As it turns out, a full suit of armor isn't super great for doing acrobatics, no?) and maybe dies one time. Even if he does, he comes back, the shield is down, and he wins.

If Doomguy doesn't lead with running to the sphere and grabbing it, he loses. If he does, he still loses.

Doomguy regularly survives RPG rounds which should be above RPG-7 which was calculated at around 95 Megajoules. And Barons of Hell also vaporize enemies with their fireballs; which human vaporization is around 300 Megajoules.

Alright, that's better. How well can Doomguy survive a fireball?

Hank is around equal to Jesus, who decently casually vaporizes humans.

DatOneWeeb said:
How well can Doomguy survive a fireball? Very easily as that is the imps main way of attacking.
I mean, how well can he survive a direct hit? Does he survive? About how much damage does he take?

A direct hit will take 3-24% without any armor, Doomguy starts 100% in game. With his security armor, it lessens the damage by 1/3rd of it. However the megaarmor will half the damage. Added with the supercharge or megasphere, this will increase his health by 100%. Meaning he can take a ton of fire balls directly. Berserk sphere/kit just raises it a lot more.

DatOneWeeb said:
A direct hit will take 3-24% without any armor, Doomguy starts 100% in game. With his security armor, it lessens the damage by 1/3rd of it. However the megaarmor will half the damage. Added with the supercharge or megasphere, this will increase his health by 100%. Meaning he can take a ton of fire balls directly. Berserk sphere/kit just raises it a lot more.
Alright, that makes more sense. So, they're decently even in AP, both scaling from vaporization. Although, Hank's guns have a side of piercing + one-shotting people comparable, and even stronger, than himself.

And the Doomguy has weapons that can kill demons stronger than himself. Both have something to kill each other, however I would still give it to Doomguy due to being experienced in fighting enemies stronger than him. He can dodge a bunch of demons trying to shoot him with his own shotguns. If he uses the Berserk Sphere (which also heals him), it's going to be over for Hank.

>being experienced in fighting enemies stronger than him

Which Hank does on a regular business, using only the weapons and environment around him, while in a spatially warped, reality-defying Nevada.

>dodge a bunch of demons trying to shoot him

Which Hank does in spades, to fare higher of a degree, for massively long periods of time, evading dozens of enemiies streaming in from all sides (who can all one-shot him, unlike Doomguy's enemies, where he can still take a few hits).

>dodge Hank's shots

Bullettime and better skill says no.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm leaning towards Doomguy for Dat One Weeb's reasons.
I've already explained how they don't work.

-In a straight fight with no Berserk Sphere, Hank wins, low-difficulty. More skill fighting in harsher conditions plus bullettime and revival gives him this handily.
-If he managed to get Berserk Sphere- or, if he tries to, he gets shot before he equips it.
-If he does equip it, Hank simply plays defensive until the duration runs out. He did this in Hank vs Tricky in Madness Combat 7, running through an entire new, unfamiliar building and killing dozens of armed grunts while the massive Demon Tricky followed him. Doing it against Doomguy will be even easier.

Yeah, sorry guys. Doomguy doesn't have the skill Hank has.

If this was Doom Slayer he would stomp in combat skills And AP but as it stands Hank FRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back