• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't Forerunners have causality manipulation. When they go FTL, there are cause and effect problems of leaving before they even started their engine, and they have machines which can easily repair these paradoxes.

@Fllflourine Tell me here when you are done editing. Thank you.

Antvasima said:
@Fllflourine Tell me here when you are done editing. Thank you.
Would what I stated count as causality manipulation, that's literally what they call it in Halo

I am done editing the three big fish, though I wouldn't mind FanofRPGs going over them, but I suppose Fan can also add causality manipulation to the Forerunners' page and add his touch-ups before they're relocked.

Adding limited causality manipulation seems fine, yes.

Check the Precursors page from Halo Nation, finally we had a glance of how they look like.

EDIT:I think they dont appear in Tier 4 & 2

Also, I don't think the UNSC ships are Supersonic+, at least, not in space, I think they should be much higher, because simply being "Supersonic+" means that they won't be fast enough to escape Earth's atmosphere, which has an escape velocity of Mach 33, and even Longsword fighters can do that.

This speed feat done by the Longsword as it left Installation 04 can probably be calc'd and scaled to the ships, and there's also some speed calculations done in this thread , though there's a lot of walls of text. I've also found some other threads on SB (that one dealing with firepower, though)

Should I change the ratings for UNSC infantry from "9-B to 9-A with most weapons" to "9-C to 9-A with most weapons" too? Some weapons, like the SMG seem to be closer to 9-C than they would be to 9-B. I've already changed the UNSC, Master Chief, and ODST pages, but not sure if I should continue this.

Fllflourine said:
Should I change the ratings for UNSC infantry from "9-B to 9-A with most weapons" to "9-C to 9-A with most weapons" too? Some weapons, like the SMG seem to be closer to 9-C than they would be to 9-B. I've already changed the UNSC, Master Chief, and ODST pages, but not sure if I should continue this.
Yes, that is fine

Changing them to their more well known names, such as B-312 to Noble Six is more pressing of an issue than the War Sphinx's tiering. I'll do that.

Fllflourine said:
After reading this thread, I am not sure if we should actually keep the War Sphinxes at 6-A. What are your guys' thoughts?
Are the Forerunners "Cities" 5-B or have the size of tiny planets?

Because Soldier Blue said something like: "They can destroy the planets in one strike and even damage Large Ships with ridiculous durability", so by the likes of It they should be 5-B, likely higher?

I ctrl f'd the thread for "planet", do you remember when he said something like that? The closest is him saying,

Yes. And swarms of them can lay waste to a continent or bring down dozens of kilometres long starships with ridiculous durability
~ Soldier Blue​
He seemed to be going more for the War Sphinx being simply "7-B with a 6-A with a continous bombardment rating", unless you're not referring to the War Sphinx.

Some profiles said, "Their ships can detroy a planets surface through glassing." Sounds more like a Multi-continent level feat or High 6-A.

I read Cryptum, Bornsteller said he was awed by using machines (War Sphinxes) used to raze cities (Ancient Human Cities, assumably as big as Forerunner ones), and level continents. The Seekers did the battle with the continents being cut up and flipped around. Obviously Forerunner ships > pretty much tanks, and with the Cruiser feat I calced, it is consistent.

I'd say War Sphinxes should be 6-B to 6-A, Seekers are well into 6-A

Fllflourine said:
Yes. And swarms of them can lay waste to a continent or bring down dozens of kilometres long starships with ridiculous durability
~ Soldier Blue​
He seemed to be going more for the War Sphinx being simply "7-B with a 6-A with a continous bombardment rating", unless you're not referring to the War Sphinx.
Yes, but Antvasima asked If they were able to OH the cities, but If they dont have a feat of that scale to backup I purpose leaving them at 6-A

If the Precursors' age is older than the universe, wouldn't this mean their speed at the height of their power would be Immeasurable considering they precede it?

Nah, they have to transcend linear time for that. They likely come from an older space-time continuum.

Antvasima said:
Nah, they have to transcend linear time for that. They likely come from an older space-time continuum.
The existed in a photon-only realm called The Glow or something

Anything about Jul Mdama Covenant & Sword of Sanghelios?, I would like to create a page called "Covenan Remnant" and have a similar layout to the Sonic page so we can have more images for each one.

I think that's alright, making a Covenant Remnant page separate from the Empire itself that has both Jul 'Mdama's faction and the Swords of Sanghelios.

There's still the ship speeds I'm concerned with (post 49), because Supersonic+-Hypersonic+ is very slow for space standards (It'd take months to get from Earth to Mars, and I doubt ships are THAT slow in Halo, it's an "At least" but still).

What about he Banished? I Imagine it would be on the same page, the problem is that the info. would be a clusterfuck, It would be better to have a page setting similar to the Sonic one so the page would be more concentrated in one with each faction having his proper stats.

KarmodF said:
What about he Banished? I Imagine it would be on the same page, the problem is that the info. would be a clusterfuck, It would be better to have a page setting similar to the Sonic one so the page would be more concentrated in one with each faction having his proper stats.
The Banished is a splinter faction of the Covenant, as is Sword of Sanghelios, so I think it would be best for it to be formatted similarly to Sonic's page (specifically this one of course)

What I tried to say is that we need to have a tabber similar to the previous Sonic Page, the Main page would be a Mix of each faction stats (The most powerful ones) we can call It "Composite" or something.

Btw there is any change or revision left?

Well, I though the durability of most of those characters were going to be downgraded. Due to falling from orbit generally required armor locks to survive, and that most Spartans getting damaged by 9-B weapons and being pretty much nearly destroyed by 9-A weapons as Fan and I both mentioned above.

I dont know If we need to nerf Chief thanks to the fall from Orbit, some characters are even Low 7-C for surviving a fall from Orbit, and the Calcs. look good, they are pretty simple to say the least.

Chief was only able to survive falling from orbit thanks to Armor Locks. Additionally, the height from which he fell from was around 2 kilometes; which would actually be around Building Level.' Zero Suit Samus for example is Town Level because she fell 1000 kilometers on a planet that was 960 times Earth's gravity. Spartans is still Multi City-Block Level due to being immune to various 9-A to 8-B weapons while he's using it, but it doesn't scale to his natural durability.

Although, I do think taking damage from 9-C to 9-B weapons probably could be treated as game mechanics, but I don't think Spartans main durability is anything higher than 9-A; Spartans never tanked anything higher without the aid of a powerup such as Armor Locks, Invincibility, 10x Overshield, ect. And even if the Onyx Sentinel was calced at 8-B No one actually tanked the full blast point blank; the amount of force actually withstood was still only 9-A. And looking at most of those calcs, I did still notice there was quite a bit of calc stacking. And even 343 Guilty Spark or the Promethans haven't demonstrated anywhere near as much destruction/durability. Durability should only be scaled to the first attack regardless of damage percentage and the rest of the attacks should be treated as Stamina rather than durability. But without the calc stacking, the stronger weapons like Fuel Rods and RPG's are more Room Level as opposed to Room Level+ basically. Additionally, almost every 8-B weapons in the game has been known to completely obliterare multiple Spartans or enemies comparaible to Spartans; so their are definately issues with Spartans having Cityblock Level+ Durability excluding those same power ups.

But the tiers probably should vary depending on the classes. Spartans, Elites, Brutes, Hunters, and Promethians could have Room Level durability. Marines would have Street Level to Wall Level durability along side mid level enemies such as Jackals. And Grunts and Drones should be at most Street Level.

IIRC 343 Guilty Spark when angry can vaporize Kig Yar, and this same black knocked the wind out of MC but he got back up quickly

Fuel Rods could vaporize 3 meters of concrete and also vaporize a spartan, so 9-A/8-C would make more sense for them.

Chief didnt use Armor Lock, were did you read that?, All Spartans that fell from Space were in Base Armor, Multi City-Block is only for Overshield, Armor Lockup and Base Bubble shield, Some Spartans fought against Centinels in 1v1 Combat and still won no to mention that Arby fought an Enforcers who is superior to Base Sent., most Infantry would have around 9-B Dura. (Tank Plasma Rifle) and Elites, Brutes, Spartans and Prometheans would be 8-B not to mention that Chief tank full Shot from Guilty Spark who should be Comparable or Stronger than Sentinels.

Hunters should be 8-B even if Fuel Rod is 8-C(It would be likely higher with Direct Impact?)?

@KarmodF They're direct quotes from This Video. Johnson literally says that his armor is locked up and that the ship's hull took most of the impact. Either way, the falls calculate more accurately to 8-C considering the fall was 2 kilometers. Regardless of whether Guilty Spark is capable of 8-B attacks, he has never actually demonstrated that; there's almost no collateral damage even when he hits the ground; plus Johnson briefly survived the hit. Fan has also mentioned earlier that some of the questionable 8-B feats are outliers.Add

Additionally, you mentioned earlier that the Promethians are surperior to the sentinials? They may mean that in terms of threat, but the amount of raw power demonstrated is still reflectecting 9-B to 9-A; they don't cause much destruction and can get easily killed by a couple of shot gun blasts; which are 9-A. Spartan Lasers and grenades, which are 8-B, are once again extremely powerful compared to Spartan durability. A single plasma grenade obliterates several Spartans, Elites, ect.

Bottom line, 9-A to 8-C is still the most consistent and accurate rating for the stronger infantry. 9-B works for Marines I guess, but the Grunts are basically Goombas with pistols and get easily stomped by pistols; so I don't think they need durability any higher than 9-C.

343 vaporized a Kig Yar with his angry blast, same blast he used on MC which knocked the win out of him. IDK what that would count as?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back