• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
-By "Locked" he mean that the Armor goth Locked by the Impact and what do you meam about the Ship taking the most damage? he said that the Gel Cap took most of the Impact, not that he used Armor Lock, there is no mention to any help from Spartan Abilitie and as far as I know Auto-Armor Lockup was implemented in Halo 5

-The Prometheans are 8-B, there is no way that their Weaponry is lesser than the Sentinel Beam, they are supposed to be use for protection and combat purpose no to mention that they are the Higher Ecumene in all of the Forerunner's Herarchy only behind the Forerunners themselves, they arent as sensitive, in Halo 5 they are heavily strong and can tank shotgun shells easily.

KarmodF said:
-By "Locked" he mean that the Armor goth Locked by the Impact and what do you meam about the Ship taking the most damage? he said that the Gel Cap took most of the Impact, not that he used Armor Lock, there is no mention to any help from Spartan Abilitie and as far as I know Auto-Armor Lockup was implemented in Halo 5
-The Prometheans are 8-B, there is no way that their Weaponry is lesser than the Sentinel Beam, they are supposed to be use for protection and combat purpose no to mention that they are the Higher Ecumene in all of the Forerunner's Herarchy only behind the Forerunners themselves, they arent as sensitive, in Halo 5 they are heavily strong and can tank shotgun shells easily.

Prometheans, as in the REAL prometheans, are way above 8-B, more like 7-B due to being able to level cities and tank nukes.

Promethean knights? They were made because they were unaffected by Halo effects and could not be converted by Flood. The ones he used in Halo 4 are digitized humans, and still had guns that could headshot Zealot's in one shot, and vaporize hunters. They are far inferior to Onyx Sentinels, but original Promethean Knights and real Prometheans are more like 7-B.

Oh yeah, Ur-Didact is definately at least City Level Durability due to surviving the Havok Nuke, and their ships are above 7-B AP and durability; but neather one of them scale to the Spartans. The Promethean Lancer Knights from Halo 5 are still more like 9-A, and yes they can take a couple hits from shotguns, but key word is couple. They still get damaged and can be killed by them. I will however note that they have impressive speed. Their teleporters enable them to casually dodge strait bullets, so Supersonic+ speed maybe? It would only scale to the Spartans reaction speed and not their combat or movement speed if so. Basically, what Fan said for the other stuff.

Prometheans, as in the REAL prometheans, are way above 8-B, more like 7-B due to being able to level cities and tank nukes.

Promethean knights? They were made because they were unaffected by Halo effects and could not be converted by Flood. The ones he used in Halo 4 are digitized humans, and still had guns that could headshot Zealot's in one shot, and vaporize hunters. They are far inferior to Onyx Sentinels, but original Promethean Knights and real Prometheans are more like 7-B.

Far inferior to Onyx Sentinels?

EDIT: The Prometheans should have a page for them.

As said, digitized humans obviously won't = Onyx Sentinels.

The Prometheans do need a page, which can then be divided between knights and The Didact.

It is far superior to the regular Sentinels that guard the Halo installations and The Ark and even the Sentinel Majors of Installation 05 due to its shielding and extreme firepower. Onyx Sentinels fire golden, lethal beams of energy from a central eye, which is thought to be similar in strength to the beam weapon fired by 343 Guilty Spark at several points of Halo 3 when the player is on the Ark.

However, they can still be defeated; the Spartans on Onyx once destroyed one at extreme altitude with multiple rockets and sniper rounds, ultimately depleting its shields and destroying it.

All Copy and Pasted from Halo Natio :p

Sniper Rifles are still 9-B and Rocket Launchers/RPG's are 9-A; they aren't much different from their RL counterparts. Guilty Spark however does have 8-B durability; he took hits from the Spartan Laser. Oh wait, I recall that Onyx Sentiniels needed to charge up their lasers to reach 8-B destructive capacity; which is why Kelly had some time to run away before the blast hit the ground. Guilty Spark, while it is likely he could do the same, didn't charge up when he attacked MC, Arby, or Johnson; which is why they survived. Sentinel AP is still 9-A to 8-C without charging up.

As a side not, it's best to parahprase the sentences and not copy and paste them. Reppuzan has noted that alot of Halo profiles contained plagarism in the past, so it's strongly preferable to put effort into using your own words so he doesn't have to do so much editing on that matter.

-I dint know Sentinels cahrge their beams, a source would be appreciated. Well It says that the Spartans needed to relay on their shields to survive against an Onyx Sentinel no to mention that some of the Top Tier guns in Halo like the Rocket Launchet are inspired by Real Life counterparts but the Ammo is different, its used to destroy Scorpion Tanks & other Vehicles like the Warthog (Survived a fall to Requiem from space)

-If that is the case I would change some descriptions for the Characters if they seem necessary, probably add links to their Halo Nation Profiles for more info.

Can somebody summarise your conclusions here?

@Antvasima It still a work in progress to be honest, another thing, the Character Summary has a limit for It?, Like a certain number of Lines/Words?

Congrats for your 100K Edits btw!

Okay.

Well, it is called a summary for a reason, but we do not have a set limit, no.

Thank you.

FanofRPGs said:
We should add range for the Forerunners, what level are they for ships?
Range, Dura. & Speed, I feel that the "Civilization/Army" profiles felt incomplete without those stats.

Speed: Massively FTL with Slipspace (I dont know if they are able to reach Inmesurable speed like the Precursors)

Range: Galactic with Halo Instalations, like Hundreds of Kilometers with their ships (Same, dont know the range of their peak technology, etc...)

Just looking on a previous revision of the Forerunners, they used to have a 3-C rating, which was justified with them considering changing the tilt of axis for entire galaxies.

Obviously they have at least Galactic range with their Slipspace travel, though.

Fllflourine said:
Just looking on a previous revision of the Forerunners, they used to have a 3-C rating, which was justified with them considering changing the tilt of axis for entire galaxies.

Obviously they have at least Galactic range with their Slipspace travel, though.
They had a 2-C rating that could be applied in battles?

Fllflourine said:
3-C*, but not sure if its combat applicable (Probably indirectly, though)
Is similar to their 2-A, only for their Galaxy constructs, probably.

And I really ment their 2-C rating (Capable of destroying many newly born Universes for Source gathering)

I am more confused :\

Why they nerfed from 2-C to 3-A?, It says that they destroyed many newly born Universes thats 2-C based on context.

His 2-A rating is only for Fuel Gathering so it doesnt apply to Combat, thats why I feel they should have a 2-C/3-A for Versus Matches.

It's 2-C when it involves spacetime, tho. If it just involves the physical matter/energy then it's 3-A.

Although arean't we going to implement other changes first? Like a speed statstic for the Forerunners as well as adding to their range capabilities, and a page for the Prometheans.

EDIT: Ur-Didact's durability is already city level, looks like I don't need to change it

We are still arguing about Spartans durability and Weapons AP, the new pages would need to have a base Powerscaling (Chief) so we can use those stats.

Yeah, John-117's durability is going to need to be revised before scaling to new profiles. We noted above that the Sentinels from Onyx due have a 8-B calc, but that full power was never used against the Spartans at point blank range. The explosion splash was calced at Room Level durability though. There's also Guilty Spark, who should be comparable to the other Sentinels, but if I read the blog correctly, the Onyx Sentinels needed to charge their lasers in order to cause a City Block Level impact. Guilty Spark hasn't quite demonstrated that against the Spartans, but his laser can incinerate a Jackal, as Fan mentioned above. Fuel Rods were calced at 2.99 Gigajoules or 8-C iirc? Most 8-B attacks like grenades and Spartan Lasers due tent to obliterate multiple Spartans and Elites.

Anyway, I think Master Chief's durability would be Room Level without shields and perhaps Building Level with shields. This would scale to Elites, Brutes, Hunters, and Promethean Lancer Knights.

-Well Guilty Spark and the Knights are as strong as the Onyx Sentinels, their Weapons are made to kill (343 Laser is stated to be similar to the Beam shot from the Onyx Sentinels and the Prometheans are created to fight the Flood and humans), similarly to the Sentinels, no to mention that the Spartans relay on their Shields to survive the Blast.

-I need to check HW 2 feats since Jerome jumps from a CAS like ship to the Ark and is able to survive withou any notable damage.

No to mention that we are probably we are basing to much on game mechanics.

I still don't see anywhere that suggest Promethean Lancer Knights to be comparable to the Sentinels; the original Prometheans were considered far surperior to them as Fan mentioned, but not the lancer knights; he said they were way weaker than the sentinels. 343 Quilty Spark still needs to charge the beam in order for it to be considered 8-B, I think I do actually remember him charging his beam in the boss fight; where it's a one hit KO attack when he does.

And it's not all game mechanics; especially since the books commonly reflect Spartans being damaged by 9-B to 9-A weapons. Even the Rocket Launchers they used to take down the Onyx sentiniel were 9-A; destroying tanks is still generally a 9-A feat. Anyway, even falling two kilometers is only a Building Level feat; and that tends to knock Spartans unconscious for a brief moment.

Haven't seen Halo Wars 2, but feats there might be resonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back