• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Halloween Special ~ The Thing vs The Shape

You know, there's a small issue with this-

That being, no way to even scuff The Thing's regen.

While one could argue The Entity wouldn't take kindly to her killers getting possessed, there's no solid evidence of it, either.

Similar terminology. I am aware of how The Thing works, and... yea.

Moritzva said:
You know, there's a small issue with this- That being, no way to even scuff The Thing's regen.
Actually, Wright did include a way around it's regen with the random fires littered around.

Moritzva said:
While one could argue The Entity wouldn't take kindly to her killers getting possessed, there's no solid evidence of it, either.
So you're proposing the Entity will just not resurrect it's killer? Unless you can provide context to support this, that doesn't seem very likely.

The way I see it, Shape only wins if he can summon TE to absorb/kill the thing. Highly unlikely, but only way. Also I don't the Thing will want to be near TS via fear manip. Still, I find the thing assimilating Shape more likely than Shape summoning TE.

Will The Thing even have enough intelligence to feel fear?

Like, for one, it's not like it even has a heart.

It's smart enough to build a spaceship and imitate humans perfectly. It can probably feel basic emotions.

The Thing can get around fear manip by breaking itself down to a level where it's no longer capable of complex thought, and everyone seems to have forgotten that the battlefield has random pyres just laying around. Also, someone's gonna need to explain why the Shape's Type 8 apperently isn't combat aplicable.

Only not really. A primary concern in the movie is The Thing just dropping some tiny part of itself in their food and assimilating them that way.

On one hand Myers' versatility is a lot more than what the Thing is prepared to deal with

On the other hand, does Myers' have any reliable way to actually kill the Thing? Even if Myers could figure out Thing's weakness to fire, there's no way that he'll manage to kill all of it before it separates itself and flees in different directions.

Really depends on how Thing handles fear inducement and stats reduction and how Myers' handles assimilation

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
It wouldn't know to do that.

Type 8 revives the killer into a new trial iirc.
  1. If the Thing is unable to even approach it's opponent, then it absolutly would disperse itself until it can.
  2. So his type 8 isn't combat-aplicable?
In that case I'm voting Thing. Without prior knowledge the Shape likely won't resort to fire use until it's too late. A single blood splatter will net the Thing the win.

1. Like, what are we talking about?
  2. Fire. That seems to be about it.
  3. Refer to my previous post for Fear, and the Thing can natually reduce it's own stats so...

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
I still don't think just because it is scared it would disperse, but ok.
That's actually it's default reaction. Disperse and hide as best it can, but once it gets small enough the fear manip will no longer affect it and the now mindless peices with work off instinct and seek out the nearest living thing.

1-2: I don't think it's possible to reduce his intelligence enough for him to not feel fear. We saw that even the smallest bits of him (his blood) would still react in self preservation mode when even lightly burned. His main goal is to assimilate and stay alive, hence why he still feels fear in his lower forms, cause it guides his self-preservation.

3: He can reduce his own stats, but we don't know how he'll handle having his stats reduced through someone else's power, so he won't be able to shrug it off easily

1. Cells, the Thing's most basic form, are mindless. So yes, the Thing can infact reduce itself enough to no longer feel fear. At that point it's working purely off of it's most basic of instincts and emotions are no longer a factor. The blood reacting to heat isn't fear, it's basic preservation.
  2. I mean, I guess? What stats are reduced?

This seems very, very stompy.

The Thing wins via... anything.

He doesn't need to notice that fire harms it when fire harming living things is pretty common knowledge and depending on what the pyre is made of he could just grab a flamming stick.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
#Cells, the Thing's most basic form, are mindless. So yes, the Thing can infact reduce itself enough to no longer feel fear. At that point it's working purely off of it's most basic of instincts and emotions are no longer a factor. The blood reacting to heat isn't fear, it's basic preservation.
  1. I mean, I guess? What stats are reduced?
I'd imagine that something forcing you to feel fear would kick in your fight or flight response, but whatever.

He can drain the strength from people making them weaker, and can make people tire out and lose stamina.

Back