• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hades (Riordanverse) VS Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)

Not really. He voted after the thread was over with.

I've read the PJ books. If Hades is fighting Ganon, he's using his main energy, like he did for Cronus, and won't act like a pseudo omnipresent. If there any essence left, it'll be spread too thin to manifest.

The real cal howard said:
I've read the PJ books. If Hades is fighting Ganon, he's using his main energy, like he did for Cronus, and won't act like a pseudo omnipresent. If there any essence left, it'll be spread too thin to manifest.
I disagree. As I said, Artemis was not using her full power / in her true form and thus using all her essence at once, when she did her 5-C feat.

Bit of Artemis < Bit of Hades.

Saying this is Hades using all his essence seems like needlessly removing one of his powers. And if it is the full essence and true form of Hades, Ganon gets vapourised from looking at him.

Yet Artemis was still trapped under the weight of the sky and needed dire assistance, even though it was a bit of her essence. Plus, Ganon isn't getting vaped by Hades' true essence, because that clause is only in effect against the much weaker demigods, while his opponent is not only on his level, but also has a godly essence inside himself.

@Cal

It depends on how much essence is being used here though.

Hades' essence is spread thin enough that he can appear in multiple places at once and still commands more power than most of the Olympians. If he gathers it all in one spot Ganon's physical form will be vaporized.

Even extremely powerful Demiogods will be massively damaged by a Gods True Form. Look at Jason Grace - a single second looking at Hera nearly killed him and Hera is not exactly the most powerful of Olympians. Hades should be considerably more powerful.

Despite the fact that Jason's much weaker than the gods, he still pulled through though. Ganondorf would likely be able to take it.....

But he'll be badly damaged from his presence and probably wide open for Hades to finish him off.

@DMUA

No, not really. Jason had a split-second glimpse through his fingers and was still nearly killed. Only Piper's Charmspeak saved Jason.

Jason was warned in advance not to look upon Hera (albeit, at the very last second). Ganondorf will not have that warning.

Problem is, I have a hard time believing Ganon would be affected by the true essence at all, when any other immortal is fine and dandy in the verse.

@Cal

Why not? Gaea's Giants were explicitly born to slay the Gods, but they still got vaporized after looking at Hera's True Form.

The giant Porphyrion backed away. He said nothing, but he gave Jason one last look of hatred. His message was clear: Another time. Then he
slammed his spear against the earth, and the giant disappeared into the ground like he'd dropped down a chute.
Around the courtyard, monsters began to panic and retreat, but there was no escape for them.
Hera glowed brighter. She shouted, "Cover your eyes, my heroes!"
But Jason was too much in shock. He understood too late.
He watched as Hera turned into a supernova, exploding in a ring of force that vaporized every monster instantly. Jason fell, light searing into his
mind, and his last thought was that his body was burning.
Then later:

"No," Hera agreed. "By saving me, and saving this place, you prevented Gaea from waking. You have bought us some time. But Porphyrion has
risen. He simply knew better than to stay here, especially since he has not yet regained his full power. Giants can only be killed by a combination of god
and demigod, working together. Once you freed me—"
"He ran away," Jason said. "But to where?"
Porphyrion had to run away from Hera since he knew that once she was freed she could have vaporized his physical form with her True Form. It wouldn't have killed him due to the clause that "Giants can only be killed by God and Demigod working together", but he knew better than to stick around.

All in all, there's no evidence that Ganon would be unaffected by this since he has no prior knowledge of this ability.

Just gonna ask why Hades is moon level when he scales to people who can create constellations isn't that a multi solar system lvl feat?

It was because he was weakened severely compared to his full self. His full self would've took that.

Besides, Ganon has more in common with a titan than an Olympian.

@Cal

There's no evidence of that anywhere in the story.

You're the one making the claim, back it up with evidence.

The Titans weren't as strong as the Gods. Kronos was scared out of his wits at the thought of taking on Hades and one of the other Big Three at the same time, hence why he went to destroy the thrones of the Olympians after manipulating Percy into accidentally letting Typhon loose rather than take them on himself.

@Cal

That doesn't mean he wouldn't have been vaporized even if he had his full power.

Besides, half of Moon level is still Moon level.

Back