• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guy with a truck and some very bad luck vs Cuelex Assassins

Dr. Gerald vs. Cuelex Assassin

(They Start 10m away from each other, Dr. Gerald has is driving a semi-truck and has full gear)

Bad luck boi: 0
How about you get no hax: 5 (Soma_King, Shmooply, Revaret, XSOULOFCINDERX, WHYNAUT)
Inconclusive: 1 (PsychoWarper)

Last edited:
Gerald for the reasons in the last thread.

Probability won’t be nulled and Culexus can’t survive the explosion/probability.
He likely can’t be Ben shoot him considering the truck is in the way.

Why probability won't get nulled? Every space marine can manipulate probability and they were still ****** by culexus.

Culexus's mere presence nullifies everything supernatural around them, so the probability get nulled. them being limited to "Magic" in non-sense with no basis.

The Culexus are 8-C and can turn intangible at will, so they can very much sruvive barely above baseline explosions, which mind you would still require vehicles to hit them, which is extremelly unlikely

Hitting a moving target is easy shit for it, the Culexux, while not as skilled, are comparable to the Vindicate, which can do stuff like headshot a target from planetary distances away

This isn't a planetary distance, this is 10m, and there powernull is limited to psychic, magic, and reality warping powers I believe. His bad luck isn't magic, it isn't psychic, and it isn't reality warping. Also, his statistics reduction only affect character stats, he cant affect a knife, he can't affect a truck with statistics reduction, he can only really reduce Dr. Gerald's himself, which doesn't do much. Also, normal humans just have major unease when close to the assassin, so it's mind manipulation wouldn't really work here. What works here is intangibility and soul manipulation. He was stated to make "oil tankers explode at the slightest touch" and would most likely use this, combined with his bad luck, explosion manipulation and durability negation so when the assassin comes back to realspace and tries to one-shot him with soul manipulation, he touches the semi-truck, causing a explosion that one shot (8-C was him with rollerblades, he wiped out a town and caused damage comparable to a T3 tornado when riding basic vehicles like a bicycle and a moped, him using a truck will be far more deadly, also, mind manipulation makes the Cuelex assassin jump in front of his semi-truck which he has, which would be a potential win.

you immensly missed the point there, if they can snipe a target a planetary distance (aka from a planet to a moon) away they can easilly do the same to one 10 meters away.

the powernull is of everything supernatural really, which includes stuff like manipulating probability

Dr. geralt is a normal human, with even the Tau, who have almost no souls, have head splitting headaches at the presence of a Culexus

the assassin can just dodge, also the Culexus just needs to shoot him past the very, also profile states that oil tankers explode at the slightest touch, not every vehicle

also, considering the randomness of gerald powers, if even they worked at all because again power null, they wouldn't work fast enough to block the Culexus just shooting once

Mind manipulation isn't doing jack to a Culexus

Right, mind manip is physic. Sorry about that, I missed that point. Also, it causes extreme unease in humans, the comparison of Tau to humans doesn't mean much. His probability manipulation isn't supernatural, and I didn't even bring his probability manipulation to my argument. And the profile does state that oil tankers would explode at the slightest touch, and the assassin even bumping into it would cause a crash, and make a massive explosion. Whether this is a oil tanker or not, the oil tanker is just a example of what his explosion manipulation can do, it doesn't say the same effect cannot be used on anything else. Again, his hax aren't reality warping, magical or physical (except for mind manipulation), and the profile states that those are the 3 things that will be nulled. His powers are anomalous, not supernatural, and anomalous doesn't mean supernatural. Also, the feat for marines was them processing something in nanoseconds, and marines have subsonic speed, which cuelex scales above. He may be able to process something really fast, but he cannot move out of the way.

(i don't know why the ftl processing feat was made to combat/movement speed, but it makes no sense, here's the image for the feat)
unknown.png

the exemple with the Tau matters because humans have much more of a soul than Tau

Anomalous is what SCP calls supernatural stuff

Oil tankers are way more explodable han any other vehicle, as they are already filled with explosive material

Astardes are Hypersonic, the Subsonic movement are the chunky centurions

Culexus can phase out of existance, so the massivelly higher speed means they can't be hit by anything gerald could cause

also, just to point out, they can null everything the likes of Ahzek Ahriman can do

Ahzek uses magic for his hax, of course they null this. And no, Anomalous doesn't mean supernatural in SCP, there are a ton of Anomalous scp's that aren't supernatural ones. And yes, Astardes are Hypersonic, I will admit. But this is ignoring the fact that Gerald has all of his equipment, including the R.T.I. Hammer-P1, which likely shoots out electromagnetic waves to attack, as the only defense against it bullets is a vest that creates strong magnetic field. So, he has a Speed of Light weapon, which cannot be nulled as it is pure technology. Also, he needs to be in realspace to attack if I recal, and he cannot stay in the Warp forever.

Ahzek is not magician, he's a psyker, he manipulates the warp to do stuff

Anomalous means anything that doesn't abide to the normal rules of reality, aka supernatural

said Hammer needs to be manually aimed and fired by someone thousands of times slower than the Culexus, aka it's not happening before the latter fills him with bullets

Anomalous means deviating from what is standard, normal, or expected. Supernatural means (of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. Supernatural isn't a synonym listed for Anomalous, and vice versa. They don't even have a single synonym that is listed on the others.

For Ahzek, that sounds like reality warping or using a outside method, which don't apply to Dr. Gerald in both circumstances.

This is 10m away, and if anything touches his semi-truck, it will explode. Your "oil tankers are naturally explosive" argument doesn't work because roller skates aren't naturally explosive, and yet they still exploded nonetheless. Also, it never says he cannot produce the same effect on non-naturally explosive vehicles.

For the Hammer argument, guns aren't in his standard equipment, only grenades for weapons.

Don't use the textbook definition, it doesn't apply to SCP

nullifying probaility manipulation created through a medium is the same as negating normal probality manipulation

the Culexus just shoots him through the glass of the vehicls, also you to realize that if the semi-truck explodes than he's left vehicless and thus powerless ? Also also, it says that the explosion also happens when he crashes the vehicle, so the roller scates it the latter, very much for the fact that the vehicles he rides don't immidatly explode even tough they are being touched (by him)

Id juts like to say that Culexus can cause normal people to start convulsing and haemorrhaging.

The Culexus can step out of the physical reality (Intang) so how would one get hit in the first place?

Their presence in the past has effected Machines.

Why is his probability manip not supernatural? What about the power the effect probability isn’t supernatural?

You said he is a psyker who uses reality warping to use his powers? Ya, this doesn't apply to Gerald.

And the textbook definition still applies to SCP, if it didn't we would have 100% supernatural SCP, which isn't the case.

And, the Cuelex doesn't have guns for standard equipment.

Also, why are we debating probability manipulation if it isn't part of my argument?

Question: Does mind manip work while he is intag?

You said he is a psyker who uses reality warping to use his powers? Ya, this doesn't apply to Gerald.

And the textbook definition still applies to SCP, if it didn't we would have 100% supernatural SCP, which isn't the case.

And, the Cuelex doesn't have guns for standard equipment.
No but they have the Animus Speculum which fires Lasers and Psyk-out Grenades which causes even totally normal people to lose consciousness.
Also, why are we debating probability manipulation if it isn't part of my argument?

Question: Does mind manip work while he is intag?
Yes, the Mind Hax is completely passive.

The mind manip and null won’t change anything related to Gerald’s hax (not magic or anything similar to the warp.He only nulls the external Magical abilities of the warp, not something purely internal like strange luck.) so Culexus would still die from an explosion. (Probability ain’t part of his but it is mine.)

The mind manip and null won’t change anything related to Gerald’s hax (not magic or anything similar to the warp.He only nulls the external Magical abilities of the warp, not something purely internal like strange luck.) so Culexus would still die from an explosion. (Probability ain’t part of his but it is mine.)
The Mind Manip would make it hard for him to function let alone drive and you seem to be ignoring that that would imply the explosion hits, the assassin can survive an 8-C Explosion and anything worse they can become intangible.

“He only nulls the external Magical abilities of the warp, not something purely internal like strange luck” this isnt right either, they can negate things like hive mind connections and stuff from the Tau who possess small souls and no warp abilities.

I mean, he cannot attack while intag from what is appears, so he has to become tangible to attack. Here's how I would think it plays out: Gerald would be mind maniped and have a seizure, Culex would stop being intag and attempt to soul destroy from within the semi-truck, which would cause the semi-truck to explode which would probably one shot Celex. So this can play in one of two ways: Cuelex gets one-shotted from inside the semi truck while attempting to insta-kill, or Culex wins due to nulling the explosion manipulation, which is iffy on if it counts towards what Culex can negate, but since in previous threads their power null ment pure magic, reality warping abilities and physic powers, i'll treat it like that. Also, Culex could get a good one shot with No Guard (allows his attack to alway hit, but makes it so his opponents hit always hits, regardless of Culex's intag), which would kinda defeat the purpose if Dr. Gerald's bad luck activates when he does that, because that kill Culex. Culex's I believe tend to be aggressive when they fight a opponent, so I think they would go in with a ez mind manip-intag-soul manip combo for a ez kill against what appears to be a heavily armed human driving a semi-truck, which would either end with a win for Culex or a win for Gerald.

the vehicle would no longer explode since the dr is no longer driving it

also, even if it did, the Culexus is fast enough to react to the explosion and turn intangible or just dodge out of the way of the explosion

the profile is worded like crap, the Culexus can null much more stuff than simply "pure magic, reality warping abilities and physic powers"

why are you talking about a pokemon ability ? The Culexus has nothing like No guard

No, what you are thinking about are the Eversor Assassins, the Culexus should be more run of the mill Assassiation tactics

The Culexus should be able to just reactivae their intangibility when the explosion happens.

Also if Dr Gerald is literally convulsing and having a seizure would that really count as him “Driving”?

Also they arnt stupidly aggressive and are similar to rouges in terms of how they kill, they use their stealth ability to get in close and their presence to cause chaos to distract people/incapitate and make it easier to get close and execute them.

Oh sorry about No Guard, I was reading the pokemon vs culex fight an got it confused, also, explosions are commonly Hypersonic, and actual explosives are anywhere from 4000m/s to 10300m/s, and since he would be inside of the semi-truck (he cannot be on the outside or else he would get hit, which would defeat the purpose of a quick, efficient victory Culex like to have, like normal assassins don't want a messy kill, they want a clean, swift kill. Which would mean the explosion would surround him, making it far, far harder for him to react. Also, the definition of supernatural is debatable. I have explained that in both real life and the SCP foundation, the definition of anomalous differs from supernatural. Not all SCP's are supernatural, but all are anomalous. Also, can I have the scan of it being stated Culex can negate all things supernatural.

Culex aren't exactly aggressive, Culex can't really stealth here because of the truck coming at him from 10m away, and would mind manip and intag, then go into the semi-truck itself and one-shot, which would basically be his option because he cannot stealth in this situation, and when they cannot stealth around they have shown to attempt to get a quick, efficient kill and get out of there.

Why cant Culexus just shoot him with a Laser through the glass of the truck?

The negating supernatural thing comes from verse equalisation and has been discussed a thousand times on various threads.

Because guns aren't apart of his standard equipment. People, look at his profile I linked, he doesn't have GUNS FOR STANDARD EQUIPMENT.

Can you give me a screenshot of Warhammer canon stating that they negate all things supernatural, and then I will accept that they can.

The charge up time isnt slow tho, if Gerald is just driving towards him and gets knocked out due to its arua or psych grenade then it can just rather easily fire at him from a distance.

“Can you give me a screenshot of Warhammer canon stating that they negate all things supernatural, and then I will accept that they can.”

What you will accept means nothing, that is how it has been treated here after several discussions and since that has been accepted afaik the burden of proof is on you as to why it wouldnt work. Now I will say it wont NEGATE absolutely everything just almost everything and that which it doesnt negate is like stuff from the Necrons, hax from extremely powerful tech.

May I digress and ask where in any sphere of existence has the Assassinorum's Speed section been gone to?
And do we equal the speed here?

No, and I have no clue, but looking through the logs you can see it was FTL for the same reason Marines were, which was a FTL processing feat that was made into reaction/attack speed feat.

I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit that the stuff that the necrons use isn't supernatural. A bunch of it is, such as almost anything related to the C'tan, but it just isn't warp based. Gerald's luck is similar to this, in that they are more or less unconventionally supernatural but not the kind that would be related to the warp.

Tbf I think a huge reason Necrons might be immune is since they have no soul.

Anyway so how do we treat the Culexus' reaction time since they are FTL iirc (The lack of a speed category is being resolved atm), cause part of an argument was that they couldnt react to the explosion when they actually could but if we equalized speed how would that be treated?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”
-Arthur C. Clarke

Necronzs fall under this, their tech is not obscenelly advanced that to us mere humans look like magic, but it's fact just science stretched to it's logical end point

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”
-Arthur C. Clarke

Necronzs fall under this, their tech is not obscenelly advanced that to us mere humans look like magic, but it's fact just science stretched to it's logical end point
A good amount of their high end tech is built from the C'tan, which although based from the materium, you are gonna have a really hard arguing that they are not supernatural.

This was there speed: Speed: Possibly FTL reactions (Most Assassins are shown to be similar in speed, Much better reactions than even the majority of Space Marines), Exitus rounds likely fire at Relativistic+ speeds (Capable of hitting other assassins, A Vindicare was able to shoot a target on the moon through his eye, all while standing on top of a building on the planet that the moon orbited. However, due to having to obey traditional laws of physics, the bullets cannot travel at lightspeed or beyond, unlike something such as a C'tan shard, which is immune to natural laws) | Possibly FTL reactions (Most Assassins are shown to be similar in speed, Much better reactions than the majority of Space Marines) | Possibly FTL reactions (A skilled Eversor was able to fight Legienstrasse, who was overwhelming Lysander) | Possibly FTL reactions (The Culexus known as Vaedrex was able to surprise a Daemon Prince and slay him before he could recover. Daemon Princes can easily fight on par with and overwhelm the most experienced Space Marines, who can process immense quantities of information and react in under a nanosecond)

The FTL reactions are stupid as they processed information in nanoseconds, and processing speed is a completely different thing from reaction speed. Thus, we have used Hypersonic (the speed a type of marine can attack and react) for their speed here, as the feat in question was both reaction and attack speed.

Back