• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Culexus don't nullify certain powers, they nullify the Warp. Just because they can nullify soul based ice dosn't mean they can nullify ice that somebody's body produces, for example.

@Emporer

What we are discussing here are the means by which things are done, not the ends. Assassins get rid of warp abilities by taking away their means of doing so, i.e. cutting connection to the warp. For example, of course Assassin is capable of nullifying BFR, since he does this to warp wizards who are capable of sending people into the warp all the time. However, he obvious cannot nullify all kinds of BFR, such as Boros's technique where he literally just punts his enemies to the moon. This is much the same situation. Of course Assassin can nullify people who manipulate probability by the warp, but Gerald is doing no such thing. He is just a comedically unlucky scientist. The means by which he survives things do not equalize to the warp

Actually, how it is done is all that matters here. We are talking about equalizing energies, and if the means do not equalize to the warp, then Assassin cannot nullify them. Don't get me wrong, the warp equalizes to almost everything, but I call styles in particular because they were a power system specifically developed to not use any kind of means other than communication/reciprocation to get around the negation of a very similar character from the same series.

They nullfy any supernatural effect that uses the warp actually so the ice is nullified. Psykers cannot use any abilities in the presence of a blank, whether to produce ice or flames. Someone biologically producing ice doesn't tie to the Warp so it's irrelevant. This ability is by supernatural means.

Gerard's characteristics don't matter. The manipulation of probability does. Manipulation of probability is nullified by Culexus. It doesn't matter the means, whether it be a gesture, a thought or just passively. The effect is that it manipulates probability. The means is not equalised. The effect is. Two characters activate an ability in different ways yet the abilities do the same thing. So the effect is nullified. It won't work.

That is because their mutations or modified biology came due to warp energy, or interactions with forces that came from the warp or are of a similar origin.

No, because Culexus Assassin's ability works by nullifying the warp, or things related to the warp in origin. The profile and lore make it pretty clear that it is the warp itself that is nullified. People like Kharne can still slaughter Culexus Assassins in mass because he does not rely on physical abilities that are warp in origin for his primary means of combat. How verse equalization works is by equalizing the means by which attacks are done when applicable, and the warp equalizes to so much stuff because in 40k it is basically a catch all source for everything supernatural. If you really wanna see how this will go, I'll go ahead and toss up Professor Tsurubami or one of the other style users against Culexus assassin and we will see how people think.

The problem is that you are comparing Kharne, a super enhanced soldier by purely scientific techniques, with a dude with super luck that has "normal luck" and it's not at all supernatural or inordinary, apparently.

And no, a Culexus, or any of the Assasins in general, easing up and making a mistake because of negligence is as likely as Gerard dying in any of his crashes. They are indoctrinated and grounded into dust and remade up as their training pretty much. They are less humans than highly efficient, trained flesh and blood machines. Killing Gerard won't make the Culexus relax, neither would seeing he has no warp signature. He's his target, so he's gonna be as thorough and vigilant and efficient as always.

Kharne was just who I used because he was the most cut and dry example, and he was pushing it to the limits so I used him because I know that he could not be contested. I had used other examples already.

I don't think its that extreme. He is so unlucky that buildings lose all rigidity and knives can cut far beyond what their sharpness should allow. I find these things to be less likely than Culexus making a mistake

Exactly. All the abilities or supernatural effects are from the warp. They are literally voids in the warp which is why no abilities work on them. Also the warp isn't just energy that can be equalised, it's so much more.

The reason why Kharn and people like that can kill them just means they don't use warp abilities when fighting them that's all it is. You seem to think because this ability is specific the warp cannot encompass it which is frankly wrong. Again regular Thousand Son Sorcerors can do this with just curses on others. This abilitiy is obviously supernatural.

The warp dosn't equalize to everything. It only equalizes to Psychic and Soul Based powers. Just because everything in Warhammer is the warp dosn't mean everything in fiction is. Stop making us repeat ourselves.

Considering the heights of technology reached by the Steel Men, the Necrons and Humanity during the Dark Age of Technology, a lot of what the warp does in some way can be replicated. But that's not what matters, what matters is the origin, and if Gerard's super luck is so absurd he'd be classified as a SCP, with no further words on it I fail to see how that ain't supernatural. Especially when things that wouldn't happen with "just" good luck happen.

But it is that extreme. A Vindicare waited years in the very same spot waiting for his mark and shot him within half a second of them appearing, killing him on the first shot. That's the level of skill of these assassins.

READ MY WORDS!

JUST. BECAUSE. THEY. NULL. ALL. SUPERNATURAL. POWERS. IN. WARHAMMER. DOSN'T. MEAN. THEY. NULL. ALL. SUPERNATURAL. POWERS. IN. FICTION!

Them being called "psykers" doesn't really mean it's just psychic stuff. If how we treat it bothers you so much, actually bring up an CRT about it. There's a good few matches where we treat it like this, so you need an actual consensus before deciding stuff on your own.

You don't know anything about the warp, It's not just psychic and soul stuff. It's literally almost any ability you can think of. Fate Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, Law Manipulation etc. Any ability Psykers use. Is nulled by Culexus.

My main point is that deciding to treat the Culexus' null as anything else affects other matches. So it's not something to decide by yourself and in a debate thread even less so. If you don't think that's how it works, make a CRT.

Refrain from any comment like that, that's just asking for trouble and it's not deserved at all. What an ability encompasses is not what matters, the source is.

He's said it himself before. I don't think anyone would take offence from a little statement like that that would just be petty.

The Warp encompasses all the abilities that's why they null so much in the first place.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Can the Culexus null technology? If not, there's a girl called Nilin who might be a good matchup.
If there's no supernatural shenanigans connected to the technology, then no he won't do anything to it. But she will have to have ways to aim at him at all, as he's pretty impercetible to machines as well.

@Emperor Not taking offense has nothing to do with the fact something like that is not needed. Someone disagreeing about a verse is not "because they dislike it" and that's not reasoning you should argue unless they were being obviously biased, which he hasn't.

And no, it covers so much mainly because of how warp has been equalized. A culexus isn't nulling the probability manipulation of a normal machine. Plus, the Warp hasn't showcasen all powers that exist, even if it's damn close.

Culexus can mess with tech, but not to any great extent. The most I've seen is one causing the A.I. of some Tau drones to freeze up and the fact the Culexus is virtually invisible to scanners and sensors.

However, if that tech includes any kind of supernatural, spiritual, psychic stuff, etc. then yes.

I wasn't using it as an argument first of all, don't really know what you're talking about, I responded to his point and then stated a fact on his attitude towards the verse responding to you and not using it in any argument. I was stating as fact from something he's said himself.

That's basically what I said. The Warp has showcased most abilities listed on this site which is why Culexus can nullify everything.

If the machine is supernatural, it's nulled.

Nilin's tech isn't supernatural, just hi-tech. It essentially creates an interface that allows one to interact with the mind as if it were a hard drive. Thought processes are treated as signals, memory is treated as computer memory and the tech can be used to mess with the mind, copying memories, stealing them, deleting them etc. Thought processes and memories can be altered, causing pseudo-mindhax like effects. As long as someone can think, she can tell what the person is thinking. To avoid detection by this, one would need to shut down their mind. And no, the interfacing is not with the brain, but with the mind. There's also a bunch of other stuff she can do with her tech. It would be best to read her profile.

As for this match, I'm voting Culexus FRA. Its Warp Intangibility would protect it from the initial impact and explosion, and its powernull should take care of fate and probability.

A small correction that I remembered. Unless I forgot something, the intangibility is for non normal attacks, physical stuff should work. Problem is, he can very much just evade and still has a way to hit from distance, dozens of meters in fact.

Or really he just needs to dodge. They are on an aircraft carrier.

Wait, stop. I just realized they are on an aircraft carrier.

The damn thing is a vehicle, it's going to bloody blow up.

Gerald's probability manip keeps him alive but I can't speak for Culexus surviving it.

I'm not entirely sure how fair it would be to have Gerard on top of something that is going to blow up unless he's killed right away and with way more force than the Assassin's dura.

There's no CRT needed. It's common sence that the Culexus can't null biological powers. They can only null Soul based powers since the Warp is based on the strength of one's soul. The Culexus' stuff comes from not having a soul, effectively. So, logically, they can only null soul based stuff. Which Gerald's luck is probably not.

Thoughts, emotions, dreams, etc all compose the warp. It's not purely a realm of souls, its just where everyones souls are, just like all their thoughts and feelings and dreams and all that.

So it's soul based and psychic powers.There's no proof that it could stop stuff like Gerald's luck. Stopping Soul and Psychic luck dosn't mean you could stop inexplicable luck.

Fate/probability stuff should be tied to it too, if the Eldar and Ahriman are anything to go by

I know off the top of my head that an Eldar couldn't manipulate events relating to a CA at all, being completely unable to discern their presene in the futures they could see, for instance. Can grab that quote in a bit.

Back