• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
They can't really manipulate their own probability of doing anything to a culexus, but until they get too close they can probably do other stuff with it.

Luck -

- chance considered as a force that causes good or bad things to happen.

- fortune, fate, destiny, lot, stars, what is written in the stars, karma, kismet.

Probability

- the quality or state of being probable; the extent to which something is likely to happen or be the case.

Luck manipulates probability. Manipulates how likely something is to happen.

This guys luck is just making bad and highly unlikely events happen around him when he gets in a vechile but he himself he left unharmed. So it is encompassed by the warp.

No, probability is the description of luck. Not the other way around. Luck is just a state of being. Anything that is uncertain has luck to it. Being lucky or unlucky is just how your "rolls" go over all. If someone can change one of these two things, then that would take the warp, but Gerald does no such thing. He just has some really bad rolls that cause mass destruction around him

Luck dictates how likely something is to happen, so it's a manipulation of probability. It causes unconnected coincidences to happen time and time again. Probability Manipulation encompasses Luck.

In this case, it makes highly unlikely events occur.

You make it sound like Luck is some concious force making these things happen. That portrayal is incorrect. If some grand sentient force changed the probability of how likely something was to happen, then that could be argued to be equalized to the warp. But that is not the case here, he is just some unlucky guy. If a plant happened to grow in a place that blocked to sun of another plant, the plant with the blocked sunlight would be unlucky, but that is nothing to do with the warp, and the assassin would not nullify that. Gerald is no different.

to play devils advocate for Culexus...

... the OP doesn't say there are other buildings, structures, or vehicles other than the station wagon and the aircraft carrier structures...

... so if Culexus phases through the car, then what is Gerald supposed to do after that?

If Gerald drives the car off the carrier, then he's screwed since there would literally be nothing for him to cause an "unfortunate chain reaction"... unless he can punch the ground and somehow cause an explosion out of nowhere (I don't know how the lore). If Culexus evades the first charge, there isn't another car to run him over afterwards.

The only way I see Culexus losing is if he somehow becomes dumb and forgets to activate phasing... or if Gerald magically causes a massive explosion with a single car on a flat surface.

The radar, viewport, and main control station rooms are usually located near the middle of an edge of the carrier, so even if he crashes into those, Culexus would be far enough away from the initial explosion and will only be affected if the entire aircraft carrier blows up... which then again... Culexus can phase through.

If everything blows up and both are still alive, Gerald is screwed...

The only way I see Culexus losing is if he forgets to phase due to "unlucky". But I'll let other people determine whether that is rational.

Also Gerald doesn't have Fate Manipulation so I assume it's possible for Culexus to survive

Oh this thread is still going. Anyway.

@Impaler

The thing is his "unluckiness" does equalize to the Warp. You cannot compare it to an unlucky flower because in this cause this isn't "simple" unluckiness like that. It's an extreme supernatural unluckiness which can affect everything around it akin to a powerful curse. I am treating it as a force because that's what this is.

So to recap:

A force around Dr Gerald that causes these things to happen.

Yes it's supernatural. It isn't the same as regular luck so it cannot be compared to any of those examples.

Anything supernatural that affects reality is nullfied by the Culexus.

So yes it equalizes therefore it gets nulled.

@Dnw0

I don't think his unluckiness works like that where he would forget to phase. The mind manipulation of the unlikiness would be nullfied anyway.

This is tough to tell but I'm gonna give my vote to gerald because any arguments for his hax getting nulled seem like NLFs to me

Can you actually explain why it's NLF?

Because Culexus Assassin's have nullified many types of hax including probablity and fate manipulation which is basically what this is but just in a unique fashion.

I don't know much of anything about warhammer so call me an idiot if you want but from what other people were saying the warp only controls all powers in warhammer and you're saying it controls all powers everywhere even though it should only handle soul and psychic stuff. That's the gist i was getting from it

I don't think you're an idiot sorry if it came across that way.

The Warp isn't just soul and psychic stuff. It's a sea concepts, dreams, ideas, thoughts etc.

And people from Warhammer get all their abilities by using this stuff from the warp.

The thing is there were a bunch of people arguing against what you're saying so I'll wait until more people back up what you're saying

I'm still asking if we are supposing that Gerald will blow up the entire Aircraft Carrier, because then we are just leaving the Culexus in a soon to be explosion that is gonna destroy him no matter what.

The aircraft carrier would be blown to high hell immediatly, all constructions lose ridigity. Assasin bits the dust and kicks the bucket and Gerald gets more Insurance Money.

Back