• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gumball and Darwin Watterson powers & abilities, and Arsenal for Gumball only Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't you going to add links for the abilities?

Antvasima said:
Weren't you going to add links for the abilities?
I listed them in the thread above & you forgot to mention if I was allowed to edit the abilities for Gumball.

@Magi RobloxG

For the record, they're not manipulating imagination, they're just creating things with their imagination as a form of Reality Warping.

It's a low-key version of Reality Warping, but I don't think it's anything more than that nor should it require a page.

I heavily object to using powers copied off the Superpower Wiki on the basis that they seem to have a subset for every conceivable archetype even when it's nonsensical.

Reppuzan said:
@Magi RobloxG
For the record, they're not manipulating imagination, they're just creating things with their imagination as a form of Reality Warping.

It's a low-key version of Reality Warping, but I don't think it's anything more than that nor should it require a page.

I heavily object to using powers copied off the Superpower Wiki on the basis that they seem to have a subset for every conceivable archetype even when it's nonsensical.
Not everything is nonsensical & Imagination Manipulation is completely different from Reality Manipulation. Imagination Empowerment =/= a form of Reality warping.

@Magi honestly it really just seems like reality warping, affecting the thoughts and feelings of other ppl isn't outside the scope of reality warping. I agree with Reppuzan on this

How so?

It's just a fancy way of saying "Making things you imagine become reality." which is the textbook definition of Reality Warping.

The same wiki has Badassery and Badassery Embodiment as powers even though they're just character archetypes.

We have characters who do all of the things that fall under that "power" as Reality Warpers, case in point, Gremmy Thoumeaux from Bleach.

Reppuzan said:
How so?
It's just a fancy way of saying "Making things you imagine become reality." which is the textbook definition of Reality Warping.

The same wiki has Badassery and Badassery Embodiment as powers even though they're just character archetypes.

We have characters who do all of the things that fall under that "power" as Reality Warpers, case in point, Gremmy Thoumeaux from Bleach.
Gumball has limited Imagination Manipulation such as Imaginary Empowerment. Xenopsychic Reality Warping =/= Imagination Manipulation.

@Magi Roblox G

That's still Reality Warping any way you slice it. Gremmy made his body "stronger than the strongest steel" by imagining himself as such.

Reppuzan said:
@Magi Roblox G
That's still Reality Warping any way you slice it. Gremmy made his body "stronger than the strongest steel" by imagining himself as such.
It should be separate, not the same thing. Its just gonna get confusing since they are not variations, not associated with each other, and not in the same category regardless. If they were, it would already be mentioned.

@Magi

Just because you think they're separate doesn't mean they should be separate. You're needlessly complicating this.

In addition, is all of this stuff you're saying a regular occurrence for Gumball and Darwin? From what I can tell, this was a one-off gag and Toon Force at best.

Reppuzan said:
@Magi
Just because you think they're separate doesn't mean they should be separate. You're needlessly complicating this.

In addition, is all of this stuff you're saying a regular occurrence for Gumball and Darwin? From what I can tell, this was a one-off gag and Toon Force at best.
Only Xenopsychic Reality Warping & Reality Warping are similar while Imagination Manipulation works in a different way. You don't see it mention that Imagination Manipulation can manipulate Reality as well, doesn't it?

@Magi

No. They really don't. Reality Warping is bending the fabric of reality and existence based on your will and thus your imagination. You're arguing semantics.

Reppuzan said:
@Magi
No. They really don't. Reality Warping is bending the fabric of reality and existence based on your will and thus your imagination. You're arguing semantics.
Imagination Manipulation involves only what is happening inside your mind, that's not Reality warping b/c its not affecting anything to Reality itself. Xenopsychic Reality Warping is manipulating reality, not with your imagination but the imagination of others since its not happening inside the mind. Its bringing imaginary beings into real life or basically Creation/Resurrection. That makes Xenopsychic Reality Warping similar to Reality warping, but neither of them is related to Imagination Manipulation.

@Magi

That's not even a power then. It's just a lucid dream that tons of characters have. Not worth placing on the profile.

Reppuzan said:
@Magi
That's not even a power then. It's just a lucid dream that tons of characters have. Not worth placing on the profile.
Well since it might last a long while of explanation, I guess I will have to skip this one then b/c Imagination Empowerment is considered irrelevant for no reason. May I edit the other things I mentioned to add to Gumball's profile?

@Magi

I'm busy, so I'll have to go through this quickly.

1) Resisting a Time Stop is not resisting Reality Warping. Besides, do they even have consistent showings of this?

2) Do they carry the console and use their phones like that on a regular basis?

3) All I'm getting at here is a ton of showings of Toon Force more than anything.

4) I would prefer to have scans of all of these things you're mentioning.

Reppuzan said:
@Magi
I'm busy, so I'll have to go through this quickly.

1) Resisting a Time Stop is not resisting Reality Warping. Besides, do they even have consistent showings of this?

2) Do they carry the console and use their phones like that on a regular basis?

3) All I'm getting at here is a ton of showings of Toon Force more than anything.

4) I would prefer to have scans of all of these things you're mentioning.
1) No, I said Gumball has immunity to Time Stop, and both Gumball & Darwin resisted Reality warping. Gumball is immune to Time Stopping for the following 2 reasons:

1. Little Gumball moves in a different Timescale than his other family members:

2. Gumball managed to become immune to Time Stop: https://youtu.be/8nupgF2ukLc?t=414

^ Twice: https://youtu.be/ipHc_unoWrA?t=399

Gumball & Darwin resisting Richard warping Reality in an Universal level & being near the core of it, and didn't melt like Nicole just did after experiencing all of that: https://youtu.be/ovUuTWaPFJ0?t=154

3. The Console? Well, technically yes which allows Gumball to use Video Game Materialization: https://youtu.be/U7rW9i44nhg

The Phone? Yes, its capable of summoning: https://youtu.be/U7rW9i44nhg?t=476

^ The Phone is also capable of warping Reality (watch 3:59 to 4:24; 4:56 to 4:58, on second thought, don't watch that 2nd short part of the video; 6:36 to 6:57): https://youtu.be/8m7QlumidP8?t=239

That should be all of them.

I agree with Reppuzan about the reality warping.

Antvasima said:
I agree with Reppuzan about the reality warping.
Imagination Manipulation is only happening inside the mind, not affecting Reality itself. Xenopsychic Reality Warping is similar to Reality warping & it actually manipulates only Reality by using the imagination of others to bring them to life like Creation/Resurrection while Imagination Manipulation belongs in neither of those categories. I don't see how only manipulating your imaginations in the mindscape can grant wishes in real life. In matter of fact, the Ed, Edd, and Eddy are not even Reality warpers when using their imaginations in their minds.

Okay, but using their own imagination is not even a power. Anybody can do that.

Antvasima said:
Okay, but using their own imagination is not even a power. Anybody can do that.
Technically it is since Gumball managed to use his Imagination Empowerment ability to hurt Darwin by launching him straight at the wall of their school.

Just because he imagined something while attacking another person, does not mean that he has a special power. This thread is starting to seem stupid and tiresome. I should probably close it.

Antvasima said:
Just because he imagined something while attacking another person, does not mean that he has a special power. This thread is starting to seem stupid and tiresome. I should probably close it.
I did stated the other things I mentioned to Reppuzan about the other powers & abilities. He numbered them earlier.

Well, if Reppuzan thinks that time stop resistance is okay, I suppose that it may be reasonable then.

Well, feel free to add that ability then. Anything else before we close this thread?

Antvasima said:
Well, feel free to add that ability then. Anything else before we close this thread?
Gumball has been shown Resistance to Reality Warping in "The Job" episode, can use Video Game Materialization with the Console, and can use his Summoning ability & Reality warp with the phone.

The phone & the console should be added to his arsenal/standard equipment

That's all of them.

Didn't Reppuzan shoot down most of the other suggestions?

He doesn't have Resistance to Time Stop, in the first time he done that, he could move because he stopped time himself, not because he is "immune" to it, and it is questionable if they truly stopped time, because Darwin said that they "must moving faster than Electricity" and they could turn on a computer and it worked normally, it was just EXTREMELY slow

The second time... Well, Rob wanted to hummiliate Gumball, he could just have stopped time to everyone else and let Gumball move, and if i recall correctly, Gumball and his family were affected by Rob stopping Time in the previous episode

Oh, the first reasoning for this immunity was again related to Rob stopping time sorry, i thought you were refering to other episode

Well... Same thing i said above, except for the first part

@Ultima Reality Thank you for the information. What do you think about the other suggestions?

Well, i'm not sure about Resistance to Reality Warping, since they were still being affected by it, like everything else

The others seems fine

Okay. So, just to make sure, which suggested additions are you fine with?

Okay. Feel free to add that to his profile then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back