• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing World of Gumball: AP, Speed, Dura, Hax, and Intelligence revision thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_Courne

He/Him
I tried to cram as much as possible into this thread

To explain why Bobert’s lasers should be treated as legitimate light speed lasers

Not only are the lasers technology based, they also come from Bobert’s eye lens, which is used to focus actual light such as light from a camera or a hyperpulse laser. He is powered by an atomic core capable of emitting radioaction. They are constantly shown to travel in straight lines and are blatantly heat based

There are also supporting feats for “light speed” TAWOG, such as Bobert kicking a ball to the sun, or Patrick hitting the moon with a sandal
Stats
Bobert's MFTL feat and Patrick's FTL feat would be considered "attack speed", so the verse would be Relativistic combat, reaction, travel speed with MFTL attack speed
The verse has consistent Tier 8 feats
In Richard’s summon attack, “Ring of Fire”, he becomes planet sized and delivers the final blow to The Console. This got Richard’s sheer weight and size to Class Z and Type 5 Large Size with 5-C+ GPE and 5-A+ KE

High end was accepted, so Richard should get “5-C+ / 5-A+ via Ring of Fire (Grows planet sized generating this level of energy)” and "Class Z via Ring of Fire (Can support his own weight)"
The vast majority of the verse should scale to the 900 tons of tnt feat since Darwin and Anais tanked this casually.

Nicole, Hector, Combat Mode Bobert, Tina, Yuki, and The Console should upscale into baseline Small Town level as they are repeatedly portrayed as significantly stronger than Gumball and Darwin (and Combat Mode Bobert's own 2.4 kiloton feat)

Richard gains "Moon level+ likely Large Planet level+ via Ring of Fire (His sheer size justifies this tier, delivered the final blow to The Console)"

Gumball's console key should be rewritten as "Small Town level with The Console itself (The Console nearly killed Gumball and co), varies with summons, usually Multi City Block level+ with normal summons (Can summon various friends to attack, like Carrie, Sarah or Banana Joe, who should all scale relative to Gumball), Small Town level with stronger summons (Can summon Nicole and Hector to attack), at most Moon level+ likely Large Planet level+ with his strongest summon (Can summon Richard, whose sheer size when performing Ring of Fire warrants this tier)
Hax / Abilities
Limited Reality manipulation (non combat applicable)
Resistance to Age manipulation
Immortality
Body control
Limited resistance to Physics / Law manipulation
Limited acrobatics(?)
Transformation
Possibly Pressure points
Social influencing (normally)
Bodily weaponry
Social influencing via the Rate Everything website (Optional equipment)
Outright Martial Arts mastery (not just "skilled fighter")
Fear manipulation
Shockwave creation
Resistance to electricity manipulation
Transformation
Size manipulation / Large size (Type 5)
Energy manipulation
Energy projection
Subjective reality / reality warping

Storm creation
Intelligence
It doesn’t make sense for someone of Nicole’s caliber to only be “above average”, she was a master chess player, baseball player, martial artist, violin player, track runner, and performing japanese drama all simultaneously and at the age of 8 years old. She is an incredibly skilled martial artist, winning the Elmore Kumite and matching Yuki Yoshida, who had trained for several years to regain her honor
Had she not married Richard, she would have won a karate tournament, graduated college become extremely rich, become mayor of elmore, and then a tyrannical ruler of the world

All of this alone should be Gifted overall intelligence
Once again "Above average" is far too low for their highest showcases of intelligence

Becoming the CEO of a megacorporation and becoming a multi-billionaire in one day, is nowhere near “Above Average”, that would fall into the Gifted if not Genius levels of intellect in business skill and marketing
There are also supporting feats, such as Darwin working as a surgeon, Gumball and Darwin successfully performing an organ transplant despite all of the organs being made of air / being invisible (Although Alan’s mother was now talking out of her backside). Gumball and Darwin started a successful business becoming millionaires in less than a single day. Both of them becoming fluent in Spanish in less than a single day. Created a device capable of transferring brain waves that enabled them to share dreams. Gumball also uploaded all of the information on Ranblur (offbrand Tumblr) into his brain, in order to win any argument against a person

All of this would at the very least be "Gifted" intelligence if not "Genius" level

Agree: @TheMonkeMan, @Thelastmlg (MFTL attack speed instead), @James_Plays_4_Games, @Psychomaster35, @azontr (neutral on stat changes), @GoCommitDi, @Maverick_Zero_X (MFTL attack speed instead), @Propellus (MFTL attack speed instead)
Disagree:

Last edited:
for the speed tier, gumbal only aim dodged the microwave, which fired far above his head too, he also didn't outrun robert's lasers in the second part, they are running and the lasers are missing being fired on the ground, outrunning means running faster than it, first case seems fine though.

kicking the football and throwing the sandal is attack speed which doesn't scale to reactions nor combat.

so overrall relativistic seems fine

rest seems fine too

he also didn't outrun robert's lasers in the second part, they are running and the lasers are missing being fired on the ground, outrunning means running faster than it, first case seems fine though
There is still noticeable in tandem movement, and outrunning also means just escaping, I just used that specific word to convey the idea of travel speed

kicking the football and throwing the sandal is attack speed which doesn't scale to reactions nor combat.
You are misinterpreting the types of speed
  • Attack Speed: The speed at which an attack moves. For example, X character is hypersonic, but he can do an attack that is a natural beam of light, the speed for the attack is different from the speed of the user, hence the attack would be lightspeed even if its user isn't.
  • Combat speed: The speed at which a character can fight.
For example, a gun is attack speed whereas throwing a ball is combat speed

You are misinterpreting the types of speed
  • Attack Speed: The speed at which an attack moves. For example, X character is hypersonic, but he can do an attack that is a natural beam of light, the speed for the attack is different from the speed of the user, hence the attack would be lightspeed even if its user isn't.
  • Combat speed: The speed at which a character can fight.
For example, a gun is attack speed whereas throwing a ball is combat speed
Wrong. Throwing speed is considered attack speed

Wrong. Throwing speed is considered attack speed
Ok so something like "Relativistic overall with MFTL attack speed"
It's just odd to separate throwing speed from combat speed when your body would have to move at such a speed to perform the feat (especially because we use throwing feats for combat speed on some profiles)

Ok so something like "Relativistic overall with MFTL attack speed"
It's just odd to separate throwing speed from combat speed when your body would have to move at such a speed to perform the feat
The thing is, it's taking strength into account to throw something that fast

The thing is, it's taking strength into account to throw something that fast
Yeah but your arm would still have to be moving that fast, because an arm's kinetic energy would need to be ≥ the kinetic energy of the ball it threw, which means the arm would need to be traveling at nearly equal speeds

that depends on the weight of your arm vs the object, an arm from a giant nutshell is far heavier than a sandal, and the leg of a small robot would probably be heavier than a basketball

this might also go against one of the rules of KE where we can't find speed using KE, and i'm pretty sure this would apply to force as well

that depends on the weight of your arm vs the object, an arm from a giant nutshell is far heavier than a sandal, and the leg of a small robot would probably be heavier than a basketball
Patrick's feat would be Rela+ and Bobert's would still be FTL+
this might also go against one of the rules of KE where we can't find speed using KE, and i'm pretty sure this would apply to force as well
Well yeah, faster than light kinetic energy would destroy the universe and space-time, that's why I think we should just directly scale them to the feat itself

This should be fine. I believe there was Bobert’s explosion which was calculated at Small Town as well, so this is consistent.
Ok I'll add that as support since Tina has matched Bobert's full power before

Well yeah, faster than light kinetic energy would destroy the universe and space-time, that's why I think we should just directly scale them to the feat itself
no, the rules about this is against any level of speed, FTL or not

Do not calculate speed from kinetic energy: The kinetic energy an object was calculated to possess, in any way whatsoever, should not be considered as related through its speed. While the formula technically can be used to relate those values in both direction this is disregarded in practice. One reason for this is that fiction in general differentiates between the attack potency and the speed of a character. Another reason is that it returns unrealistic values, as even a Small City level+ punch would already have Relativistic+ speed. Out of similar reasons mass should also not be calculated from it.

Do not calculate speed from kinetic energy: The kinetic energy an object was calculated to possess, in any way whatsoever, should not be considered as related through its speed. While the formula technically can be used to relate those values in both direction this is disregarded in practice. One reason for this is that fiction in general differentiates between the attack potency and the speed of a character. Another reason is that it returns unrealistic values, as even a Small City level+ punch would already have Relativistic+ speed. Out of similar reasons mass should also not be calculated from it.
That's for like a completely different thing though, that's finding speed from purely attack power
Whereas the stuff I talked about would be finding speed of the subject through speed of an object

I agree with all your proposals after briefly reading the original post. Your ideas mostly coincide with what I already thought of the The Amazing World of Gumball. Keep in mind that characters usually aim dodge Bobert's lasers though. By the way, after I had given good thought about the lore and cosmology of the series, I had discovered that Gumball is secretly a god. That's for a different revision though...

Last edited:
I thought that was Gumball's imagination about a battle of those two
Yeah but this is at after Bobert's respective episode (The Robot) where he showcases the Low 7-C feat
So Gumball and Darwin would at least know about the aformentioned feat when imagining a fight between Tina and Bobert

I can't really comment on the AP but the ability additions seem fine.

Except for Limited Plot Manipulation- The universe resetting itself in those clips is more so Reality Warping, and not any form of plot manipulation.

Agreed, I've been meaning to upgrade the AP of the verse for quite some time now. In fact, I have some supporting feats that weren't listed:

- Gumball survived getting crushed by his doubt, which was a lot bigger than his neighborhood

- Nicole produces a shockwave that covers the neighborhood

- Gumball and Darwin were not bothered by a meteor impact

- Gumball survived getting stepped on by Hector and was only irritated by it than anything

- Gumball survived getting launched into space (the clip isn't in the best quality and it's in Spanish, but it was all I could find on YouTube. The episode is The Debt)

There's also something worth mentioning for Darwin's sneezes. One of his sneezes sent every object in town into the air, as well as Banana Joe and his parents to The Great Wall of China. Gumball tanked Darwin's strongest sneeze point-blank and was relatively unharmed by it (apart from his face drooping down)

- Gumball survived getting crushed by his doubt, which was a lot bigger than his neighborhood

- Gumball survived getting stepped on by Hector and was only irritated by it than anything

- Gumball survived getting launched into space (the clip isn't in the best quality and it's in Spanish, but it was all I could find on YouTube. The episode is The Debt)

There's also something worth mentioning for Darwin's sneezes. One of his sneezes sent every object in town into the air, as well as Banana Joe and his parents to The Great Wall of China. Gumball tanked Darwin's strongest sneeze point-blank and was relatively unharmed by it (apart from his face drooping down)
Yeah, I plan on eventually calculating those feats, but I feel like it's best to just establish 8-A TAWOG first so that the transition into 7-C is smoother

Agreed, I've been meaning to upgrade the AP of the verse for quite some time now. In fact, I have some supporting feats that weren't listed:

I think the first sneeze you mentioned just leveled the entire town instead of just the items.

I remembered more evidence of Gumball having genius intelligence. Remember that the whole reason Gumball became a Social Justice Warrior in the first place was because he rapidly downloaded information from a fictional version of Tumblr to his brain until he gained the skill to destroy people in arguments. His actual subsequent conversation with Carmen wasn't necessarily outstanding, but due to the context, Gumball has this special skill. It alone is probably just "Gifted", but along with the other evidence, it's clear that Gumball can be ranked "Genius".

You really only need 1 more staff member to get this added, and since more than 48 hours have already passed since the creation of this thread, this can be applied immediately the moment the 3rd staff member accepts this.

By the way, I’m getting to recalculate Bobert’s explosion feat since it accounts for a smaller radius since the explosion extends further offscreen. Though, by accounting for 1 psi since it hardly did much damage, it got the feat down to Multi-City Block (219 tons).

So, you may as well just use the 900 tons calc.

Also, I just want to point out that I didn't completely disagree with the whole MFTL speed in general, it's just fine to note it as attack speed instead.

Also there's something I wanna mention, if the characters combat, movement, and reactions speed are all equal to each other, it would just be "Relativistic" without any other hang-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back