• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guilty Gear: Wait... What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for helping out. Feel free to do so then.

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

If you change the statistics for any characters, also remember to update the tier categories at the bottoms of the profile pages.

Also, when you apply this revision, please insert a link to this thread into the small edit summary boxes, so your edits are not mistaken for vandalism.

I just want to say sorry I wasn't around. I was busy and I couldn't edit the profiles even if I wanted to. Thank you so much for doing it, I was already slightly nervous to do it anyways.

Edit: Really small note but on A.B.A durability it says "Received" when in context of the sentence it should be receiving. I don't know why but that small mistake is really annoying me.

@Keeweed

ok, so i've found some wrong things about your scaling

first thing, Elphelt should be High 6-A since she served as bodyguard to Paradygm, also fought alongside Leo and also beat him up

another thing, Baiken and Zato are comparable, so he and those who scale to him would be High 6-A as well

But Sol one shot Elphelt even when she was stronger than normal. I don’t think he took his limiter off for that. Also Potemkin often guards Gabriel despite Gabriel being immensely stronger.

Baiken is also around May’s strength who is inferior to answer who is inferior to Chipp who is a bit weaker than Sol. Literally everyone would be High 6-A if Zato scales because every one is on par or superior to Millia.

Last edited:
yeah, but you know, Elphet still beat Leo's buttocks, so either he should be lower or she should be High 6-A. Also Potemkin doesn't really ever bodyguard the president, he's just Gabriel's right hand man from what i've seen

If you are referring to Sign, Leo didn’t know Elphelt was going to betray them and she was becoming stronger than normal at that point. At best it’s an outlier because Sol causally stomps her a few minutes later.

Plus this is the same scene that had Ky nearly die by being shot by a normal revolver because “not even you could survive being shot in the back” with Elphelt surprise attacking Leo from the back as well.

I guess a possibly High 6-A could work. But it’s a bit weird when someone who is only 5 petatons stomped her in a stronger state.

Baiken and Zato definitely shouldn’t be high 6-A. If I put Baiken or Zato there that was a mistake on my part. Literally everyone would scale to Sol if that was the case and those random fodder gears that stomp anyone below answer show that definitely isn’t right.

Last edited:
He scales vastly above them. He defeated gears that easily over powered them (that’s what the profile’s description is trying to get across). Granted thinking back on it 6-A+ would probably be safer since he does backscale from Chipp.

Also since we talking about scaling, I’ve heard Chipp has a canon reason for his poor in game durability (he’s a recovering drug addict) so I’m not sure if his durability should stay as 6-A even from xrd onwards or if his durability would just backscale into a lower high 6-A from his ap.

He didn’t want to fight her there at all. He just thought she was being rude, while she actively wanted to beat him up and failed. The difference probably is super gigantic but he’s clearly superior.

Later I’ll make a small CRT purely for Chipp because I think some things in his profile need work. For now he should just be 6-A pre xrd and high 6-A post and during the revision we can talk about whether he’s a glass canon (and if his speed justification should be changed because he has an entire scene dedicated to him out speeding Bedman, I have now clue why he currently backscales).

But if she's 6-A+ then everyone is 6-A+ because Zato scales to her and Millia killed Zato and literally everyone scales to Millia. Plus Ky currently scale to Sol at max (minus Dragon Install) so using his causal self as a bench mark isn't a good idea. If any character would hold back by a cartoonishly large amount it would be Ky.

I'm pretty sure that's in the way of he's within a similar ballpark of strength but not directly comparable. Like how the characters are 6-A to begin with via fighting a nigh complete justice. They aren't lightyears behind but they are still inferior.

If not then that's just an outlier because Millia can't even scratch or move Slayer when he's neither trying nor not trying, and Bedman scales to Slayer a bit.

Yeah Potemkin scale to pre Xrd Chipp. Anyone can scale venom as he's around Millia's level and practically everyone has fought her.

If you mean Millia shouldn't scale to him, she fought him in XX and also has killed him in X. Zato-1 doing something higher should be the outlier here. And even then the bedman thing isn't really an outlier too much since the entire reason these characters are 6-A is due to being within the same ballpark of strength as Sol. If they aren't then they wouldn't even be 6-A. If you meant Baiken, Zato says they are comparable so there's that.

I played A.B.A story in XX recently and she fights all the low tiers despite actively not wanting to fight them, causes a major inconvenience for I-No, and wields a gear that gave Slayer massive trouble (granted its weakened now but Slayer scales to limiters off sol so backscaling from Slayer has a good reason to be High 6-A especially since Millia straight up can’t do anything to him and she’s one of the most prominent 6-As).

The only thing is that received in the durability section should really say receiving due to the context.

Last edited:
no that i have a clear mind, i want to point out a problem with the scaling of 6-A characters

i can't find a direct thing to link them to the High 6-A calc, like at best what i've found is a general and pretty consistent "Around the same ballpark, but shown as severally weaker" (which also is 6-A+, not 6-A)

In Xrd SIGN, iirc, That Man explicitly said that pure energy (from Backyard) is converted into mass, which he damage-controlled so it won't destroy the world.

So E = mc^2 is probably used in the creation of the black hole?

no that i have a clear mind, i want to point out a problem with the scaling of 6-A characters

i can't find a direct thing to link them to the High 6-A calc, like at best what i've found is a general and pretty consistent "Around the same ballpark, but shown as severally weaker" (which also is 6-A+, not 6-A)
The reason I put them at 6-A is based off how we scale Soul Calibur. The mid tiers in that game backscale to the high tiers, and the low tiers backscale from the mid tiers. Same thing in Guilty Gear the mid tiers (Dizzy, Elphelt, and answer) backscale immensely from the high tiers. And everyone else backscales from them.

In Xrd SIGN, iirc, That Man explicitly said that pure energy (from Backyard) is converted into mass, which he damage-controlled so it won't destroy the world.

So E = mc^2 is probably used in the creation of the black hole?
Black Holes require a ton of things to be usable on this site. Even looking a bit off can discredit it and that doesn't match what real black holes look like. It also didn't cause light to distort properly.

No one gonna do Slayer instant kill calc?
For one, it likely isn't canon, second it is hilariously out of date, finally this site doesn't even like using luminosity feats anymore especially when they are vastly above every other feat. Edit: Sorry at school, I see I read it wrong. I still don't think it should be used, but remove the second reason.

So what should we scale the characters to then?

If you show evidence for any useful feats, I can ask a few calc group members to help you out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back