• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Guilty Gear additions

I should have made this a long time ago. Unfortunately, now, my switch isn’t working well at all, so my footage for this revision is really bad. It gets the point across though.

This revision is to add two abilities:
Non physical interaction for everyone (since only the xx guys have it currently). Chipp, a relatively normal guy in Guilty gear, who doesn’t enhance his punches with anything, can punch the ghost possessing Zappa in the face. I know he’s in xx, what I mean is that Chipp doesn’t have special punches in comparison to the other human characters of the verse and he can punch ghost. There’s no reason the characters not in xx shouldn’t be able to when every human, non magically enhanced, character in xx can.

Second, I’ve seen verses like Street Fighter, Red Earth, and Killer Instinct have stun be included as a power, and I think Guilty Gear should as well. I heard the reason those verses have it is because they have moves that specifically designed to cause stun (thus it supports the base status effect). Guilty Gear does too. Kliff has a counter that causes it and May has a charged punch.
The normal stun (hitting the opponent many times) should apply to everyone (people may not agree with Strive characters having it since that game doesn’t have stun, but literally every other character can do it throughout practically every other game, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t scale).

TLDR
Everyone should have non physical interaction from scaling to the xx cast, since them hitting ghost isn’t due to any special reasons.
Everyone should have status effect inducement from stun.

Edit: May save this for another thread. But Guilty Gear has a stun resistance mechanic, I’m not sure if that should be talked about here or in a discussion revolving around fighting games in general.

Last edited:
If a staff member doesn’t comment on this by tomorrow morning (eastern standard time for me), then I’ll go get one. I’ll make the changes tomorrow if this is accepted, have a great day/night everybody.

Sorry for being gone for a bit. I was gathering videos to link to the power justifications (for on the profiles).

Though the video I was going to use for May’s charge punch seems to have been taken down. Should I try to fix my switch’s recording feature to get video of it, or would it just being written down be fine?

For what I’m planning to write in the profiles:

Non-Physical Interaction (Should scale to the cast of Guilty Gear xx, who can hit ghost)

If someone could record a better video of zappa’s ghost being punched that would be appreciated.

Status Effect Inducement:

May

(May’s charged punch can instantly stun an opponent, her regular attacks deal massive stun damage)

Kliff

(Kliff’s counter immediately stuns the opponent, his regular attacks deal massive stun damage)

Everyone else

(<Insert Name> can stun their opponents by hitting them in relatively quick succession)

Robo Ky and Potemkin

(<Insert Name> can stun their opponents by hitting them in relatively quick succession, deal massive stun damage)

Strive Characters

(While <insert name> haven’t shown they have the ability to stun the opponent, he/she should scale to the rest of the cast which have showcased this ability from the original Guilty Gear up to Rev 2)

If someone else thinks they could be worded better let me know.

Last edited:
So, I’m going to assume everyone is fine with what I’m going to write on the profiles?

Which staff member would be best to ask to get the go ahead for editing the profiles?

I just want to say. I have school assignments and mid terms coming up. So unfortunately, unless someone else wants to edit the profiles with what is accepted, I’m not going to be able to it until sometime next week.

I would prefer that. I’m just not sure if we’ll need a staff member to agree with this thread or not first. I kinda feel like just asking a random one at this point, but I’m not sure which one to ask.

Last edited:
Somewhat related to this thread; this has been on my mind ever since stun was allowed as a power for street fighter.

Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, and Red Earth (plus a few off site games like chaos code, asuka 120, vanguard princess, and phantom breaker) have a stat called stun resistance. Usually there is a base stun resistance (for guilty gear it’s 60, SF it’s 1000, and Red Earth it’s 20 something).

Should every character that has these stun resistances also have stun resistance as a power on this site? Or should characters that have lower resistance than the base resistance have a weakness against being stunned (like dizzy is literally named dizzy because she gets dizzy easily) and character with higher stun resistance than the base should be the only ones that should get resistance?

I want to make a general fighting game thread on this, but I want to see what this thread thinks first.

I’ve updated the videos so all the current changes are good to go.

Just, when it comes to possible resistances:

@MrHazama
Which option are you agreeing to. Every character getting a resistance, or characters like May and Potemkin getting stun resistance while character’s like Dizzy getting a weakness to stun.

Hopefully I understood what your comment was referring to.

I’ve updated the videos so all the current changes are good to go.

Just, when it comes to possible resistances:

@MrHazama
Which option are you agreeing to. Every character getting a resistance, or characters like May and Potemkin getting stun resistance while character’s like Dizzy getting a weakness to stun.

Hopefully I understood what your comment was referring to.
I say with every character getting resistance, including the weakness for Dizzy

Okay.

I’m finally just going to grab a random staff member to look at this then we’ll be good to go.

Then this can finally be added (though I just want to make sure, Dark did you see the part about stun resistances I’ve been talking about in the last three or so post. Because I was going to add it, but I’m not sure if your agreement included it too).

I’ve been trying to write out the changes on my sandbox to test how I would edit the profiles (because it’s been around a year since I’ve been on the site). I see mobile editing has degraded even further since last I was around. So I’ll test if I can make the changes with a pc later tonight. If I can’t I’ll let you guys know.

Sorry for being gone, I had exams. I’m going to put all the edits I’m planning on making in a doc, I don’t think I have enough experience with the new editing system to make the edits myself, so if someone else could that would be great.

I’ve just tested out editing with my sandbox. Hand held is 100% completely unusable, but my pc works fine. Some of the profiles (like the ones with 1-C ratings) are locked through. Does anyone know who I should ask to unlock the profiles?

Back