• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guilty Gear CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just list her as “Female” oh my god. What is the issue with this? She is female, there is no “but” to this matter. We literally have numerous profiles that do this mentioned in this thread. Even “Transgender Female” is still unnecessarily specific when we could just… you know, list her gender in the damn gender section.

This Gender listing is alright, right?

It's already been changed. We didn't have this much hubbub about Testament, we don't need it here.

I'll close this thread now.

I just noticed this thread. I changed the Bridget page to Fandom's explicitly stated standard regarding transgender characters earlier today, as it seemed relevant for encyclopaedic purposes. Is that a problem?

If it is considered offensive, I suppose that we can remove it, but these are the word by word instructions that we have received from Fandom's official policies that they have worked out with representatives from the transgender community.

Didn't you say in another thread or smth Fandom made a ruling on Bridget specifically and said to just list her as female? I could be misreading the context behind your post though

Yes, they made a ruling that we should refer to her as female, not as male, but their standard policy for transgendered characters is to use "assigned female/male at birth" as a brief note in the gender sections, and use the characters' preferred pronouns everywhere else.

You can confirm for yourself by clicking the link that I supplied if you wish.

Yes, they made a ruling that we should refer to her as female, not as male, but their standard policy for transgendered characters is to use "assigned female/male at birth" as a brief note in the gender sections, and use the characters' preferred pronouns everywhere else.

You can confirm for yourself by clicking the link that I supplied if you wish.
Ah if the ruling was just not to list her as male rather than to exclusively list her as female then I guess your edit makes sense yeah

First:

Sorry for editing the page without first looking at what this thread has evolved into (and that another staff has applied a change which is out of my suggested options agreed upon) and actually looking into finally some official link about gender identity guidelines.

Second:

I really hope nobody gets offended on a video game characters info being updated with a format accepted by our site.

Third: (actually quite a big shock I have found just now)

The announcement that "I am a girl" was only one (hard mode ending, arcade route) out of the many endings of Bridget. In most cases Bridget only says that Bridget has found the way to live from now on. In Extreme End, the yo-yo player will be living to oneself and shows a new yo-yo skills and Ky Kiske commented that Bridget will live a way Dizzy feels happy for.

I do not want to trigger another flame given how toxic this is and can become but this is definitely shaking the foundations of what people have just argued about.

(Also, potentially some Japanese translation works)

So... Have to ask... So is the Hard Mode (Aracde Route) the Golden/True Ending, Good Ending, or... well... the Bad Ending? Am not really sure on how GG's arcade endings work, so don't know what to say.

The announcement that "I am a girl" was only one (hard mode ending, arcade route) out of the many endings of Bridget. In most cases Bridget only says that Bridget has found the way to live from now on. In Extreme End, the yo-yo player will be living to oneself and shows a new yo-yo skills and Ky Kiske commented that Bridget will live a way Dizzy feels happy for.
Mate just don't bother.

This thread is honestly to god, just needless, it's only the Gender section not the tiering one, list it Female and it ends there.

I'll argue AMAB and AFAB's unnecessary as shit in listings too, but I don't wanna extend this thread especially when y'all are acting really weird on how a single fictional character wishes to identify as.

Just close this, either me or FANDOM usually fixes up the listings themselves anyways.

I haven't played guilty gear, but based on the information, wouldn't it just be better to list it as "Varies, depends on route" and have a link explaining it?

I haven't played guilty gear, but based on the information, wouldn't it just be better to list it as "Varies, depends on route" and have a link explaining it?
Nah just listing as female should be enough this isn't complicated guys really

This is wrt to biological sex tho, we don't list that :V

Reading Fandom's guidelines, it doesn't even seem like it's asking you to add AFAB or AMAB in the gender section, but rather to use AFAB/AMAB in place of where you would use "biological Female/biological male", if that's even needed

As an FYI don't risk talking about that One Piece character because that one's FANDOM enforced, as questionable and misinterpreting as it is, so you're risking potential FANDOM bans there.
Okay.
So from Yamato (One Piece), Yamato is listed by gender as Male (Assigned female at birth) with consent by Fandom Central.

I assume that principle as something approved and accepted by Fandom and our site.

So things should have been settled by Ant hours ago, if nobody wants to discuss the canonicity of which route being canon in Guilty Gear Strive.

So what Ant says hours ago (that Bridget be F(AMAB)) should be final I assume, if my latest video, which provides more complete information on the matter discussed, is not interested by anyone. Like this is what shakes the very foundation of this CRT without any sexism or any prejudice regarding gender. Like I am being told I can be ignorant in stepping landmines of flames on gender then you all are bringing in more.

To make certain, I will ask our Fandom wiki representative for help regarding whether we should use AFAB and AMAB or not.

I have now done so. Let's wait to see what Fandom's intended standards are here.

I mean it's a factor of unnecessary info for specifically trans characters only when cis characters don't get a clarification of this nature, there's just no need whatsoever, it's immensely rare someone's biological sex is relevant in a vs. debate as is.

You can ask FANDOM all you want but the fact of the matter is... it's just there because of the insistence to address someone's biology trivially when it serves no purpose, especially in a vs. debate wiki.

If it's such an issue.
Just explain her backstory in the summary, anyone with half a brain could figure out the implications of it and deduce "oh she was born as a dude but was raised female due to a superstition, but she's listed as female? Oh I get it lol" simply by just listing her unironic summary and past. That way we don't have to shove it in people's faces or be overbearing about it if just going "female lmao" somehow isn't up to standards.

Like Christ's sake we're currently having a two page thread which had in its title "LGBTQIA+ ALERT" like we're the plague or some shit, and Jason is now attempting to retcon off the Female listing altogether as "ending exclusive" right now, and arguing that "No, the thread ended but we HAVE TO LIST this character was a male, it's ESSENTIAL to the wiki function" while mostly ignoring arguments for sensitivity and now we're trying to rulebook thump it in place, and we also have people chiming in attempting to reverse other verses' listings as well.

I genuinely don't tend to call out shit like this, I know it's bad for wiki environment, and even right now I think people involved are in a weird blindspot where they didn't realize it rather than legitimate bigotry or anything at hand.

But good God y'all are giving the worst look right now.

I mean it's a factor of unnecessary info for specifically trans characters only when cis characters don't get a clarification of this nature, there's just no need whatsoever, it's immensely rare someone's biological sex is relevant in a vs. debate as is.

You can ask FANDOM all you want but the fact of the matter is... it's just there because of the insistence to address someone's biology trivially when it serves no purpose, especially in a vs. debate wiki.
Well, it would strictly be for the purpose of encyclopaedic information, but it isn't a big deal to me if we remove the AFAB/AMAB mentions.

I don't really understand why they are considered so offensive to keep either though, given that Fandom worked out these standards with transgender community representatives. However, we can remove them if they are considered to be a big problem.

I would prefer if we wait for Fandom's answer first though.

I don't really understand why they are considered so offensive to keep either though
Logic of getting labelled by others for aspects of yourself you feel uncomfortable with, especially without rhyme or reason, I think most sociology books can explain why that's problematic for a community's feeling of integration.

Okay. I thought that AFAB/AMAB were generally considered to be inoffensive terms, given that Fandom worked them out with the transgender community, but if our members disagree, I suppose that we can remove them.

So is there anything else that we need to modify in the Yamato and Bridget pages in order to not cause offense?

Last edited:
Okay. I thought that AFAB/AMAB were generally considered to be inoffensive terms, given that Fandom worked them out with the transgender community, but if our members disagree, I suppose that we can remove them.
Not to be that guy but Impress is right I mean the whole thread it's been clearly expressed again and again that leaving it as female is the most respectful and right thing thing to do reasonably with people who don't have any experience with Guilty Gear coming to express their own views because of this, you'd typically respect someones transition in such a manner don't you don't call them out as "assigned male at birth" or vice versa. I mean people went out of their way to unlock this and change it from simply female and tried to continue discussion to change again and again which just honestly isn't right.

That's just me though but really rhis shouldn't have gone on so long it'd genuinely be best to keep it as just female That's all I'll say I'm clocking out of here with inputs

Also, if we are going to be even stricter than Fandom about how to handle pages featuring transgender characters, we will preferably need a new Editing Rules addition.

Using AMAB/AFAB is ultimately the choice of the person you're referring to. I know some transgender people who dislike being referred to in that way (such as myself), while I've met many others who are fine with it. The term itself doesn't really possess any inherently offensive meaning, so barring situations where a character specifies their feelings on those terms, they should be fine to use.

Granted I much prefer the use of just Female or Transgender Female, so I would obviously prefer one of those two to be used in its place.

Using AMAB/AFAB is ultimately the choice of the person you're referring to. I know some transgender people who dislike being referred to in that way (such as myself), while I've met many others who are fine with it. The term itself doesn't really possess any inherently offensive meaning, so barring situations where a character specifies their feelings on those terms, they should be fine to use.

Granted I much prefer the use of just Female or Transgender Female, so I would obviously prefer one of those two to be used in its place.
Well, it seems like some transgendered people consider it acceptable whereas others do not then, so it seems safest to not include it in order to try to please as many of them as possible.

I have removed the offensive information from the Bridget and Yamato pages. Are they acceptable now?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Bridget_(Guilty_Gear)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Yamato_(One_Piece)

Well, it seems like some transgendered people consider it acceptable whereas others do not then, so it seems safest to not include it in order to try to please as many of them as possible.

I have removed the offensive information from the Bridget and Yamato pages. Are they acceptable now?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Bridget_(Guilty_Gear)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Yamato_(One_Piece)
What Mad meant that some didn’t like to referring to that way while others ppl don’t mind being referred that way.

I removed it here as well:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back