• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need your help!

We need Patreon donations of at least 250 Euros per month for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive "Bronze Supporter", "Silver Supporter", "Gold Supporter", or "Diamond Supporter" badges that remove all advertisements in this forum, and give various other benefits above the Bronze tier, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.

Guilty Gear CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Disclaimer
This is a thread for changing contents for the character at a page in the VS Battles Wiki site. No defaming or discrimination is involved. At all.

Executive summary:
Make changes on or redraft the gender of Bridget (Guilty Gear) at our site.

Before anyone yells at me anything, let me have a quick go-through of why I make such a proposal

The background story of Bridget says: (From Guilty Gear Strive official website)

Bridget was born one of two twin sons of a multi-billionaire couple and was given only the best training and tutoring as a child. However, Bridget's upbringing was what one would expect for a daughter of a high-society family instead of a son.
There was a reason for this: Bridget's hometown had a superstitious belief that male twins brought misfortune. The townspeople were so embedded in this belief that they insisted the younger of any set of male twins be put to death or be exiled from the town upon birth. Unable to swallow either of the options, the twins' parents raised Bridget as a daughter.
While Bridget strove to put on a happy front, these efforts only seemed to cause Bridget's parents more pain. Bridget began to think that behaving like a man and bringing home a vast array of riches would prove that the superstitions were unfounded.
Although unsuccessful in capturing Dizzy for her bounty, Bridget showed talent as a bounty hunter and managed to bring home great wealth. This led to the village superstition fading, but it also left Bridget without a goal.
Bridget now works as a bounty hunter while searching for a purpose.

The story background literally said that Bridget was biologically male at birth, but the family raised Bridget as a daughter because of some specific customs at the town Bridget's family lived in.

In addition, several of her interactions with the cast in previous games had interactions revolving around the matter. This includes the previous instances:

• I-No's initial meeting with Bridget had her referred to Bridget as a girl, but then Bridget clarified on the matter.
  • Perhaps thanks to Jam's strong interest in young men, she identified Bridget was male immediately, despite her appearance.
  • Robo-Ky states in his victory quote against Bridget that she couldn't fool him due to possessing "X-ray eyes", but then retracts his statement.
  • Potemkin also discerned Bridget's birth gender immediately, using male pronouns when referencing Bridget upon their first meeting.

However, Bridget's arcade route at Guilty Gear Strive (copied from Guilty Gear wiki and excerpts uploaded by "Chaos Productions Inc" on Youtube) has marked a change of her gender at the end of the route:
Bridget's arcade route starts off as her encountering Goldlewis, deducing that Bridget has been locking away her true feelings for the sake of others. Bridget opens up that she thought that it would've been helpful to do so, but in reality it's been causing her strife. Goldlewis and Bridget then encounters Ky, with Bridget now stating that she is fearful that her decision could cause her lost as a result. Goldlewis and Ky comforts her, telling her to look positive on her future and that helping hands would always be there for her. Bridget then affirms herself that she will no longer lie to herself, thanking both Goldlewis and Ky for their help.
At one encounter with Goldlewis, Goldlewis called Bridget a girl, then Bridget immediately corrected that Bridget was a boy, and the girl's clothes are "a long story".
Goldlewis's final interaction with Bridget in the arcade route had him calling Bridget a cowgirl at first, but then changed it to cowboy. Bridget said that being referred to as a cowgirl was fine now given how she identifies herself currently.

Which means that Bridget identified in front of Goldlewis and Ky Kiske that she identified herself as a girl at the end of the arcade route story of Bridget. And that one chapter is given for such a gender identification announcement.

Proposal: Change the Gender column of Bridget to one of the follows:

(a) Male since birth; identified as female (after the events at Guilty Gear Strive)
(b) Female (identified as such after the events at Guilty Gear Strive); male since birth
(c) Female, male prior to Guilty Gear Strive
(d) Female (Male prior to Guilty Gear Strive)

Any other opinion is welcome.
But remember:
1. The proposed change is subject to examination at the Japanese transcripts and Japanese clips.
2. Observe any rule applicable on this site and in the real world you are in, and be focused on the context.

Poll:
(a):
(b):
(c):
(d):

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalesean027

He/Him
Silver Supporter
I agreed to another CRT that's ongoing about this so needless to say I agree here

Dalesean027

He/Him
Silver Supporter
Just change her gender to female, it's not that complicated my god
That's what I said in the other thread though there was apparently some controversy over it that made its way to rule violations for people behavior im assuming so I'm fine with the CRT

Honestly, it's pretty complicated. Bridget is trans in other localizations, but not only does the Japanese version of his bio still refer to him as a guy, but straight up even says that he stopped wanting to be a woman and went back to being a man, so it's up to which localization we use I guess.

but not only does the Japanese version of his bio still refer to him as a guy, but straight up even says that he stopped wanting to be a woman and went back to being a man, so it's up to which localization we use I guess.
Japanese version should have priority. If what you said is true, then I agree to referring to Bridget as a guy.

Honestly, it's pretty complicated. Bridget is trans in other localizations, but not only does the Japanese version of his bio still refer to him as a guy, but straight up even says that he stopped wanting to be a woman and went back to being a man, so it's up to which localization we use I guess.
IIRC the Japanese version of Strive also confirms her as trans, I'll look for the original post.

Dalesean027

He/Him
Silver Supporter
Yeah I don't think the gender at birth part is needed but changing it to female is simply the best and simplest thing to do

IIRC the Japanese version of Strive also confirms her as trans, I'll look for the original post.
Weird. When I put Bridget's bio from the game's site into DeepL, this is the result I got.
Bridget was born into a wealthy family and was raised as a gifted young lady with the utmost civility. In the village, where the superstition that "twin boys bring misfortune to the land" is believed, it was a rule that twin brothers were to be either terminated or given to foster children. However, her parents, who felt sorry for her situation, hid her gender and raised her as a girl.

Bridget always tried to act cheerful to avoid worrying her parents, but she realized that the more she insisted on being happy, the more her parents felt hurt. She came to the conclusion that the fundamental solution was that she must live as a man and bring wealth to the village that would overturn the superstitions. Although he was unable to catch the bounty hunter "Dizzy," his talent as a bounty hunter blossomed, and he was able to send a huge amount of money back to the village. As a result, the superstition in the village disappeared, but at the same time, he lost his own goal. He is now on a journey to find what he wants to do while continuing as a bounty hunter.

I don't really care much about whatever option we choose, though, just go with whatever.

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Well, this is different from the case for Testament, where the Arc System Works staff identified Testament were "originally envisioned as an androgynous (両性, ryōsei) character expressing both genders, but that in Strive they have opted to make them agender".

A view on the overall stories within Guilty Gear did suggest that Bridget was (a) born as a biological male, (b) raised as a female due to some very specific customs at the town Bridget's family lived in, and (c) identified as male at the moment Bridget encountered the casts of Guilty Gear. Even at early parts of the story Bridget still identifies self as a male, until the encounter with Ky and Goldlewis when she made her identity change public.

The differences in gender re-identification are literally part of the stories.

Oh, we have had previous examples where gender changes are included. So if a character identifies oneself as one gender at a certain point and then changed at a specific arc, it is important to show such a change. There is nothing to be shameful about.

Weird. When I put Bridget's bio from the game's site into DeepL, this is the result I got.
Bridget was born into a wealthy family and was raised as a gifted young lady with the utmost civility. In the village, where the superstition that "twin boys bring misfortune to the land" is believed, it was a rule that twin brothers were to be either terminated or given to foster children. However, her parents, who felt sorry for her situation, hid her gender and raised her as a girl.

Bridget always tried to act cheerful to avoid worrying her parents, but she realized that the more she insisted on being happy, the more her parents felt hurt. She came to the conclusion that the fundamental solution was that she must live as a man and bring wealth to the village that would overturn the superstitions. Although he was unable to catch the bounty hunter "Dizzy," his talent as a bounty hunter blossomed, and he was able to send a huge amount of money back to the village. As a result, the superstition in the village disappeared, but at the same time, he lost his own goal. He is now on a journey to find what he wants to do while continuing as a bounty hunter.

I don't really care much about whatever option we choose, though, just go with whatever.
Pronouns in Japanese generally don't work well with machine translations, I can't tell you how many times I see machine translated Touhou stuff that uses masculine pronouns. I get stuff like "Mr. Keine" all the time, so I don't think we can rely on machine translation here.

Oh, we have had previous examples where gender changes are included. So if a character identifies oneself as one gender at a certain point and then changed at a specific arc, it is important to show such a change. There is nothing to be shameful about.
This is true, though my preferred method of indexing this would be just saying they're trans. For example, using "Transgender Female" over "Female, formerly Male". IIRC we don't allow this, which is stupid, but whatever.

SaberPhantasy9

She/Her

the bios offsite at least in english avoided using pronouns, i think it was just to avoid spoiling her arc

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group

Yeah it's in the Japanese version, this shouldn't really be an argument.
Thanks. So the gender re-identification event is also included in the Japanese part. Affirming that the gender change is a change during the end of her story arc of GGST.

the bios offsite at least in english avoided using pronouns, i think it was just to avoid spoiling her arc
You mean the bios in the official website of GGST right?

Well the official website does refrain from using pronouns for her.

Oh it is also part of the story that Bridget identified herself as a male and was identified as such by the closer people or people good at discerning genders and gender characteristics prior to the events at Strive. The people who played the GG games prior to Strive will get confused.

Which is why I try to be faithful to her whole story and use what is currently accepted in our site to properly identify her.

For the options, personally I would see option b as a better representation of her current identified gender.

Option B is a more direct representation of her being transgender, so in lieu of being able to just list her as transgender, I guess I'll go with that.

Granted, idk why we can't just... say she's trans and leave it at that.

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I was under the impression that we’d list cases like this as “Female (assigned male at birth)”, judging by how Yamato’s page does it, but if that’s not the case, then we should just list the gender as Female.

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
I was under the impression that we’d list cases like this as “Female (assigned male at birth)”, judging by how Yamato’s page does it, but if that’s not the case, then we should just list the gender as Female.
Female (assigned male at birth)

... I can go with that.

Just... should we just say "Female (male at birth)" since the organ is already there?
(but then the One Piece character did show such format for a gender change and I do not want to change it)
(it may get into deeper issues but i want to stick to the character unless being invited at another thread)

Also, things get complicated as Bridget did identified herself as male during earlier arcs and be identified such, until she declared a change in gender at the end of her arcade route. Therefore it is part of the history that the change needs to be specified (unlike other cases where one character is simply "ambiguous" or has already been declared by an author a such).

Last edited:
I don't think we have a standard for this lmao, trans characters like Miko still use "female, formerly male". Maybe a formal rule is needed on how to list the gender of transgender characters? Idk.

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
We had a thread on this specific issue. The conclusion was to use preferred gender

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
I don't think we have a standard for this lmao, trans characters like Miko still use "female, formerly male". Maybe a formal rule is needed on how to list the gender of transgender characters? Idk.
Thanks.

I have updated the options.

Feel free to vote for whichever option you see fit. I am going to bed now since it is already past midnight in my country.

Pikaman

He/Him
Why exactly do we need to mention the gender assigned at birth? She’s a girl, there’s not really any greater intricacies to that fact, nor is her assigned at birth gender accurate to her gender

C or D work a little better but they still don’t sit fully right with me, could you imagine if under “Name” we had (Name, [Insert Deadname] prior to whatever game) for a similar case? Mentioning previous assigned or identified genders isn’t accurate to the current status of the character, and dilutes the significance of their actual gender and respecting it.

For the record, just “Female” is what I think works best

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Why exactly do we need to mention the gender assigned at birth? She’s a girl, there’s not really any greater intricacies to that fact, nor is her assigned at birth gender accurate to her gender
It might be relevant for our purposes since some characters have supernatural abilities that differentiate in effect based on biological sex and some characters that likely change their in-character behaviour based on it (if they have knowledge on it).

Abstractions

Femur Breaker
VS Battles
FC/OC Battles
Administrator
Content Moderator
Human Resources
whats is the logic for this alert lmao
It's a warning to tell you that I am coming, and you should all be afraid. 🔨 🏳️‍🌈

Now that it's out of my system though, let's all be adults and ignore how silly it may be and focus on the content of the thread. Thank you.

Dalesean027

He/Him
Silver Supporter
But I mean this isn't like some supernatural or sci-fi robot gender preference thing she simply identifies as a woman so why not just list it simply as that

Pikaman

He/Him
It might be relevant for our purposes since some characters have supernatural abilities that differentiate in effect based on biological sex and some characters that likely change their in-character behaviour based on it (if they have knowledge on it).
I can get the former, but I doubt there’s any more than an extremely small handful of characters, if any on the wiki that possess the traits of both being trans and having a power that works specifically on biological sex, and even then just put a note explaining why you are using whatever version of the power at the bottom of the page, the gender section isn’t the place to make those kind of clarifications

for the second, just... list the appropriate/current behaviours? If they have different keys for different time periods which themselves have different genders, just split standard tactics into keys

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
I think he means the trans person's opponent may have a power that selectively works according to biological sex

Pikaman

He/Him
I can get the former, but I doubt there’s any more than an extremely small handful of characters, if any on the wiki that possess the traits of both being trans and having a power that works specifically on biological sex, and even then just put a note explaining why you are using whatever version of the power at the bottom of the page, the gender section isn’t the place to make those kind of clarifications

for the second, just... list the appropriate/current behaviours? If they have different keys for different time periods which themselves have different genders, just split standard tactics into keys
These both seem specific situations which between them can probably not have any more than 10 characters on the whole wiki which apply to them, and Bridget is not part of that group afaik. I cannot think of any situation where listing the assigned at birth gender is relevant to the listing of their current gender, and even delving into extremely specific circumstances better options present themselves

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Oh, it's not necessarily that they themselves have such powers. To give an example: The Unexplored Summon has an ability which mind controls only women (and I strongly assume that it targets based on biology). You see how it might get confusing when the page just says female.

Pikaman

He/Him
I think he means the trans person's opponent may have a power that selectively works according to biological sex
Then just explain it in the match, its not like her being trans isn’t already present on her profile, it ends with “her true identity as a woman” after discussing how her entire early backstory revolves around the fact she was AMAB

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Then just explain it in the match, its not like her being trans isn’t already present on her profile, it ends with “her true identity as a woman” after discussing how her entire early backstory revolves around the fact she was AMAB
I guess explaining it is an option as well. Although I personally don't see the harm in just listing both either. But you do you.

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Oh, it's not necessarily that they themselves have such powers. To give an example: The Unexplored Summon has an ability which mind controls only women (and I strongly assume that it targets based on biology). You see how it might get confusing when the page just says female.
I made a similar argument a while ago. The conclusion was that these abilities are too few and far between to warrant the standard always being announcing someone's transness

Pikaman

He/Him
I guess explaining it is an option as well. Although I personally don't see the harm in just listing both either. But you do you.
My point was both that explaining this was easier, AND that it is already made apparent in her description she’s trans, so a very basic read of her profile would answer any questions about abilities that only work on the basis of assigned at birth gender/biological sex

MrKerf

He/Him
As we are indexing wiki, indexing everything is our task. "Female, formerly Male" should be a way to go. And obviously it should be included in Gender section, just like we always do.

SaberPhantasy9

She/Her
My point was both that explaining this was easier, AND that it is already made apparent in her description she’s trans, so a very basic read of her profile would answer any questions about abilities that only work on the basis of assigned at birth gender/biological sex
i agree with this, just put her transition as part of her backstory

Pikaman

He/Him
As we are indexing wiki, indexing everything is our task. "Female, formerly Male" should be a way to go. And obviously it should be included in Gender section, just like we always do.
Exactly because we are an indexing wiki we have to uphold accuracy, “Male” has no place anywhere near a statement about Bridget’s gender. She’s a woman and we should list her as such

could you imagine if under “Name” we had (Name, [Insert Deadname] prior to whatever game) for a similar case? Mentioning previous assigned or identified genders isn’t accurate to the current status of the character, and dilutes the significance of their actual gender and respecting it.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This Gender listing is alright, right?

MrKerf

He/Him
Exactly because we are an indexing wiki we have to uphold accuracy, “Male” has no place anywhere near a statement about Bridget’s gender. She’s a woman and we should list her as such
Listen, I am not Guilty Gear expert, but from wiki standpoint it makes no sense. The character doesn't have multiple keys to make it Male | Female like we would usually do with others (like when person becomes some cosmic thingy it goes Female | Inaplicable), so we have to do it in one line, simple as that.

And I think we actually list some previous names of characters, vaguely recalling some DC characters.

Pikaman

He/Him
Listen, I am not Guilty Gear expert, but from wiki standpoint it makes no sense. The character doesn't have multiple keys to make it Male | Female like we would usually do with others (like when person becomes some cosmic thingy it goes Female | Inaplicable), so we have to do it in one line, simple as that
The gender assigned at birth is totally irrelevant to the question of what her gender is, she’s a woman, not a “woman but...”

Other profiles don’t follow your logic

I think I've gotten a couple of neato examples of trans characters that are just listed under their identity

Madeline

Birdo

Loki (MCU)

Lily Hoshikawa

so yeah I think using the gender she identifies as much like all of these examples I've listed would be ideal so just female. womannn. etc uvu

MrKerf

He/Him
The gender assigned at birth is totally irrelevant to the question of what her gender is, she’s a woman, not a “woman but...”

Other profiles don’t follow your logic
Couldn't care less about other profiles, I am commenting under this one.

We are indexing wiki. If there's a section, we should extensivly list relevant info, and I think this one is pretty relevant. Just like we don't write "Late teens" when we know exact age being 19, for example. This is just inaccurate info. Like here with gender. Or non-full info to be exact.
I can already hear counterargument being "Read the Summary" but the Summary is the Summary, and other sections are other sections.

Pikaman

He/Him
Is the profile for the character who appeared before Strive or just for Strive specific?
I have nothing to do with Guilty Gear, but I can be fairly certain it encompasses all of her appearances in the franchise

MrKerf

He/Him
I have nothing to do with Guilty Gear, but I can be fairly certain it encompasses all of her appearances in the franchise
Than we have to include the info of her being Male in previous games, since the change happend only after Strive (or in Strive, don't know).

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Yeah like, there's things more important than logging every snippet of information about a fictional character, even on a wiki dedicated to do that. Respecting the identities of real life people, for example, I think is a bit more important.

MrKerf

He/Him
Obsessing over a trans character's assigned gender and presenting it as an inseparable thing that has to be pointed out is I will just say, awful.

Being an indexing wiki does not mean we have to be so technical about someone 's gender identity.
Its not like we randomly throw out info of character's items, for example, just because they never used it again. Injustice Batman's super pills, for example.

Respecting is one thing. We are indexing wiki. We are indexing fictional characters. We are listing accurate information. What do you find so wrong and offensive in "Female, previously Male"?

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Its not like we randomly throw out info of character's items, for example, just because they never used it again. Injustice Batman's super pills, for example.

Respecting is one thing. We are indexing wiki. We are indexing fictional characters. We are listing accurate information. What do you find so wrong and offensive in "Female, previously Male"?
Injustice Batman's super pills are not a real world issue that many people have bigoted views on.

We have redacted information if it was deemed inappropriate: For example, a Berserk character who has Corruption by having non-consensual intercourse with another character has a very nondescript description for their power.

As far as I'm concerned, there are two options:

1. List the gender as just Female.
2. Note how their gender changed, but do it in a more respectful manner. 'Transgender Female' is just as accurate and far more tasteful than 'Female, previously Male', which as Andytrenom pointed out, is kind of offensive in and of itself.

MrKerf

He/Him
I don't see how it's offensive, and I guess no one will tell me. Fine.
Transgender Female than. Anything works as long as it is fully accurate and gives all relevant info.

Dread

She/Her
Bronze Supporter
As far as I'm concerned, there are two options:

1. List the gender as just Female.
2. Note how their gender changed, but do it in a more respectful manner. 'Transgender Female' is just as accurate and far more tasteful than 'Female, previously Male', which as Andytrenom pointed out, is kind of offensive in and of itself.
Option 1. I personally don't see Gender would matter in versus matches. Ya indexing is fine, but mostly, it does not need all those posts for a simple change.
Whether you are male or female or transgender, you will get stomped by Goku.
Also, the title is kinda dumb, I don't know what you meant by the alert. Are you warning us it is LGBT or what?

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
I don't see how it's offensive, and I guess no one will tell me. Fine.
(I am cisgender though I have done some searching in regards to my identity so take what I say with a grain of salt, it's just what I've gathered)

Basically, you don't "become" transgender, it's a realization you have about yourself with time and enough self-searching. So the wording of "formerly Male" implies it's effectively "deciding" that you're trans at some point, or implying that trans people are only their gender after transitioning, while in reality a trans person is the gender they eventually learn to identify themselves as the day they're born.

Dread

She/Her
Bronze Supporter
The idea is that being trans is something you are born with. Internally a girl with a male body or vice versa. It's not a switch, you were always that gender you just didn't present that way before

Female, formerly male just has really bad implications
So option 1. I don't see any other point.

Pikaman

He/Him
Just list her as “Female” oh my god. What is the issue with this? She is female, there is no “but” to this matter. We literally have numerous profiles that do this mentioned in this thread. Even “Transgender Female” is still unnecessarily specific when we could just… you know, list her gender in the damn gender section.

Abstractions

Femur Breaker
VS Battles
FC/OC Battles
Administrator
Content Moderator
Human Resources
This Gender listing is alright, right?

It's already been changed. We didn't have this much hubbub about Testament, we don't need it here.

I'll close this thread now.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I just noticed this thread. I changed the Bridget page to Fandom's explicitly stated standard regarding transgender characters earlier today, as it seemed relevant for encyclopaedic purposes. Is that a problem?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
If it is considered offensive, I suppose that we can remove it, but these are the word by word instructions that we have received from Fandom's official policies that they have worked out with representatives from the transgender community.

Pikaman

He/Him
Didn't you say in another thread or smth Fandom made a ruling on Bridget specifically and said to just list her as female? I could be misreading the context behind your post though

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Yes, they made a ruling that we should refer to her as female, not as male, but their standard policy for transgendered characters is to use "assigned female/male at birth" as a brief note in the gender sections, and use the characters' preferred pronouns everywhere else.

You can confirm for yourself by clicking the link that I supplied if you wish.

Pikaman

He/Him
Yes, they made a ruling that we should refer to her as female, not as male, but their standard policy for transgendered characters is to use "assigned female/male at birth" as a brief note in the gender sections, and use the characters' preferred pronouns everywhere else.

You can confirm for yourself by clicking the link that I supplied if you wish.
Ah if the ruling was just not to list her as male rather than to exclusively list her as female then I guess your edit makes sense yeah

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
First:

Sorry for editing the page without first looking at what this thread has evolved into (and that another staff has applied a change which is out of my suggested options agreed upon) and actually looking into finally some official link about gender identity guidelines.

Second:

I really hope nobody gets offended on a video game characters info being updated with a format accepted by our site.

Third: (actually quite a big shock I have found just now)

The announcement that "I am a girl" was only one (hard mode ending, arcade route) out of the many endings of Bridget. In most cases Bridget only says that Bridget has found the way to live from now on. In Extreme End, the yo-yo player will be living to oneself and shows a new yo-yo skills and Ky Kiske commented that Bridget will live a way Dizzy feels happy for.

I do not want to trigger another flame given how toxic this is and can become but this is definitely shaking the foundations of what people have just argued about.

(Also, potentially some Japanese translation works)

FantaRin_The_First

Username Only
So... Have to ask... So is the Hard Mode (Aracde Route) the Golden/True Ending, Good Ending, or... well... the Bad Ending? Am not really sure on how GG's arcade endings work, so don't know what to say.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
The announcement that "I am a girl" was only one (hard mode ending, arcade route) out of the many endings of Bridget. In most cases Bridget only says that Bridget has found the way to live from now on. In Extreme End, the yo-yo player will be living to oneself and shows a new yo-yo skills and Ky Kiske commented that Bridget will live a way Dizzy feels happy for.
Mate just don't bother.

This thread is honestly to god, just needless, it's only the Gender section not the tiering one, list it Female and it ends there.

I'll argue AMAB and AFAB's unnecessary as shit in listings too, but I don't wanna extend this thread especially when y'all are acting really weird on how a single fictional character wishes to identify as.

Just close this, either me or FANDOM usually fixes up the listings themselves anyways.

I haven't played guilty gear, but based on the information, wouldn't it just be better to list it as "Varies, depends on route" and have a link explaining it?

Dalesean027

He/Him
Silver Supporter
I haven't played guilty gear, but based on the information, wouldn't it just be better to list it as "Varies, depends on route" and have a link explaining it?
Nah just listing as female should be enough this isn't complicated guys really

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
This is wrt to biological sex tho, we don't list that :V

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Reading Fandom's guidelines, it doesn't even seem like it's asking you to add AFAB or AMAB in the gender section, but rather to use AFAB/AMAB in place of where you would use "biological Female/biological male", if that's even needed

Status
Not open for further replies.