• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gremmy's Meteor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction
USklaverei re-calculated the Gremmy’s meteor feat using the same method as currently used for an OPM calc. Gremmy would be Multi-Continental in base with this calc.

Justification
Seireitei didn’t crumble entirely with Reio’s dimensional quake, which was felt across the entire WotL and was the highest recorded magnitude earthquake, in fact infrastructure that the main cast were in didn't collapse and only received minor damage, in fact they're able to hold conversation without anything collapsing. That would mean Seireitei briefly withstood a quake that had a magnitude higher than 7.8; so, using 7.8 like in the calc above is justified. We even see cracks open up in the ground, which has been recorded to happen with a 7.1 magnitude earthquake on desert grounds. But Arc, Seireitei is modeled off of old school Japan, clearly its buildings cannot withstand big shaky because they don't look like they can! Well despite Seireitei looking dated, it is arguably more advanced than the WotL as they have people like Mayuri building more complex satellites than WotL, as revealed in CFYOW. Also, the whole "buildings are visually edo Japan-like" isn't basis against the calc at all, an author can draw things to look and fit whatever aesthetic they want, what matters is the in verse info on them (like Seireitei withstanding Reio's death quake). But Arc, why is this calc better than the last calc!? Well this calc uses the actual meteor formula that's listed on the calculations pages for vsbw, wherein the current calc uses a formula for ground based explosions, which a meteor is not a ground based explosion. It should also be obvious that our method specifically for meteors is better than a model that assumes it functions like a ground based explosion. Additionally, (while I know we don't use pixel scaling because inconsistent Seireitei) even using the smaller pic of the meteor yields High 6-A via pixel scaling, adding to the consistency of a High 6-A meteor.

Update: Currently this calc is what's been decided as the best option to use, as of reply 142ish. As such I am updating the OP to reflect such.

Scaling
The specific values range from 3.08e25 joules (scaling to 1 Gremmy), 6.16e25 joules (scaling to 2 Gremmy), 2.16e26 joules (scaling to 7 Gremmy or ShiKen), 1.08e27 joules (scaling to BanKen). 1 Gremmy is 3.63e24 joules (6-A), 2 Gremmy is 7.26e24 joules (6-A), 7 Gremmy is 2.54e25 joules (High 6-A), BanKen is 1.27e26 joules (High 6-A). I did not include anything from CFYOW in this as that will be a whole separate fella. I need to go through more of the TYBW scaling and chains to see if this affects more than what I listed, but I just included the people are for sure affected.

Last edited:
Hehehehehehehehe

If the calc has been accepted by several calc group members, and the scaling looks fine, then it should be good.
The calc being mathematically fine is a far cry from the calc being suitable to use.

I have objections which I will post tomorrow.

Hehehehehehehehe

If the calc has been accepted by several calc group members, and the scaling looks fine, then it should be good.
Yessir 3 calc members accepted the calc and the scaling is pm stuff we already accept just with updated values, I can provide scans if there's any confusion.

I don't see any issues, the calc was accepted by several calc members, the method has been used in another accepted calc and the scaling is correct.

Guess we'll see tomorrow what Damage pulls out of the hat to have this rejected.

I agree with this.

xufxin5kk7441.jpg

I see a lot of people going "oh shit its another Bleach thread" and like we are not even an hour in, I'd just like to say, the atmosphere of threads are what you make of them. It being a Bleach thread doesn't inherently mean it must be toxic. With that in mind let's keep it civil fellas, if we want this negative HST thread stigma to go away we have to make it go away.

Long story short, don't antagonize people, y'all know who you are, I used to be one of ya. Let me tell you, honey is sweeter than wine.

Last edited:
None of the Sternritter were strong enough to handle Yamamoto's Bankai as stated by Yhwach, which would include Gremmy, so he should be above him.

This justification is even on Yamamoto's profile.

None of the Sternritter were strong enough to handle Yamamoto's Bankai as stated by Yhwach, which would include Gremmy, so he should be above him.

This justification is even on Yamamoto's profile.
Medallion-Bankai scaling was removed last thread.

From scanning through that thread it seems like Damage was just arguing that Yhwach's base doesn't have to necessarily scale to Yamamoto's Bankai for being able to control it, but that wouldn't change Yamamoto being above Gremmy due to Gremmy being unable to handle Yamamoto's Bankai.

Regardless, if I'm wrong and Yamamoto isn't allowed to scale above them for that reason anymore then I don't think it matters much, I'm fairly sure Yamamoto will still scale above him due to CFYOW stuff, but you said you're saving that for a separate thread so I'll leave it for now.

From scanning through that thread it seems like Damage was just arguing that Yhwach's base doesn't have to necessarily scale to Yamamoto's Bankai for being able to control it, but that wouldn't change Yamamoto being above Gremmy due to Gremmy being unable to handle Yamamoto's Bankai.

Regardless, if I'm wrong and Yamamoto isn't allowed to scale above them for that reason anymore then I don't think it matters much, I'm fairly sure Yamamoto will still scale above him due to CFYOW stuff, but you said you're saving that for a separate thread so I'll leave it for now.
Ok I see what you're saying, I also didn't bother addressing many of the added CFYOW scaling, just because I wanted to save that can of worms for its own CFYOW thread. But if that's what Damage's intent was, then yeah Bankai Yama should upscale Gremmy with his current justification.

Looks about the same besides a new method of calcing. If multiple calc members accepted it I guess it’s okay. Can’t actually see anything wrong with the feat itself but I’m sure I’ll be surprised lol.

the feat is valid, the scaling is.. weird, disagree with some of it, disagree with most of the justifications lol, we can talk about that later as I just woke up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back