• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Always wanted to see how this would turn out

Both at their strongest

Speed Unequalized if that means anything

Starts 10 Meters Appart

In Character

Gray:

Gajeel:

Incon:

Gray swears to kill Natsu
Dragon Force Gajeel

Isn't Gajeel currently powered by anti-magic and capable of casually stomping Spriggans? Gray was matching END because of compatability something he doesn't have with Gajeel.

They both scale to the same AP, so it's all down to skill and abilities

Gray wins base on range, aoe attacks, and faster attacks. I see no way Gajeel dodging or escaping flash freeze when altas dragon and the giants couldn't break out of silver ice since he the same power as gray.

Hmm let's see. I don't think flash freeze is relevant here. Pre-timeskip, Mard Geer was able to break out of the ice with little difficulty despite being a demon, and Natsu was able to do the same in base. Post-timeskip, Gray has never used flash freeze against anybody other than fodder soldiers, and Ajeel was able to avoid it no problem. I think it's safe to say Gray can't roflstomp freeze anyone spriggan tier and expect them to stay frozen. Range-wise, Gray has more options, but Gajeel has breath attcks/Iron God Sword to contest range. I would imagine this fight to be cqc, since Gajeel has a habit of closing the gap as soon as he can, and this DF form seems to be pretty good at that, looking at how easily Bloodman was rushed down. I think it's also worth noting that Gajeel's raw cqc was what took Bloodman down, rather than a secret art or special attack that took down every other spriggan. I would say if this fight gets to cqc gajeel wins this, but if Gray can keep at arm's reach, he can pelt Gajeel to death. So I think this is a matter of how well can Gray can avoid taking damage. His main ways of avoiding conflict are A) making ice clones and B) putting up ice walls. Ice clones are next to useless against dragon slayers in general, since they have advanced smell, hearing, and tracking abilities. Ice walls might prove to uselful here, since I think Gajeel can cut them down with his God Sword, but they would stall enough time and be troublesome to deal with. If Gray can pelt from range and play keepaway long enough for dragon force to end, then he takes the win, but I see too many scenarios where Gajeel takes this. My vote is for Gajeel, but very close match.

UcHuman said:
Hmm let's see. I don't think flash freeze is relevant here. Pre-timeskip, Mard Geer was able to break out of the ice with little difficulty despite being a demon, and Natsu was able to do the same in base. Post-timeskip, Gray has never used flash freeze against anybody other than fodder soldiers, and Ajeel was able to avoid it no problem. I think it's safe to say Gray can't roflstomp freeze anyone spriggan tier and expect them to stay frozen. Range-wise, Gray has more options, but Gajeel has breath attcks/Iron God Sword to contest range. I would imagine this fight to be cqc, since Gajeel has a habit of closing the gap as soon as he can, and this DF form seems to be pretty good at that, looking at how easily Bloodman was rushed down. I think it's also worth noting that Gajeel's raw cqc was what took Bloodman down, rather than a secret art or special attack that took down every other spriggan. I would say if this fight gets to cqc gajeel wins this, but if Gray can keep at arm's reach, he can pelt Gajeel to death. So I think this is a matter of how well can Gray can avoid taking damage. His main ways of avoiding conflict are A) making ice clones and B) putting up ice walls. Ice clones are next to useless against dragon slayers in general, since they have advanced smell, hearing, and tracking abilities. Ice walls might prove to uselful here, since I think Gajeel can cut them down with his God Sword, but they would stall enough time and be troublesome to deal with. If Gray can pelt from range and play keepaway long enough for dragon force to end, then he takes the win, but I see too many scenarios where Gajeel takes this. My vote is for Gajeel, but very close match.
That was some really good details that back up your statement. But that fact that Gray was able to battle full demon natsu with his strength and speed is why I feel Gray would win against Gajeel

Please don't quote large walls of text, as well, Gray fought a Partial END, not a full form one, just wanted to clarify that

I'm glad to see this fight back on the boards btw. I tried this one about a year ago but was a dud.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Please don't quote large walls of text, as well, Gray fought a Partial END, not a full form one, just wanted to clarify that
That was E. N. D full demon mode natsu. It was release when he thought Lucy had died which triggered the demon form.

Back