• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fezzih_007

He/Him
Speed equal
They start 10 meters apart
Warlock key is used
Ley is bloodlust and out character
Gajeel key X791 (Grand Magic Games Arc to Tartaros Arc is used
High 6-C is restricted for Gajeel
They fight in a bamboo forest

Votes:
Meh character: Zackra1799, Spectra_Schiffer,
443b1080769e09adf042720279a55872cf3584ac_hq.jpg

I don't want this guy to be my friend: Fezzih_007, SatellaTheWoE
ih15pap38gt61.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe a couple of times but i see gajeel win more than not
Intagiblity and higher AP was the reason for Leys demise in the first place
For my argument, that matter little.

Les't see, Gajeel is not exactly the smartess so he would fall on the trick of giving his name to Ley. And Ley is bloodlust, so when he gets the name and touches gajeel, he would use his authority immediality.

And Ley have enough stamina to receive a beatdown, so he have chances to get the name.

Intagiblity and higher AP was the reason for Leys demise in the first place
The reason for Ley's demise was because his opponent got an amp that made them millions of times stronger and faster than he was.

Speed is equal and the AP gap is 2.5x

Les't see, Gajeel is not exactly the smartess so he would fall on the trick of giving his name to Ley. And Ley is bloodlust, so when he gets the name and touches gajeel, he would use his authority immediality.

And Ley have enough stamina to receive a beatdown, so he have chances to get the name.
Well then this is a stomp

Gajeels sense of smell would immediately give him red flags about the whole name thing especially since as a dragon slayer he scales to natsu who can smell someones evil intentions, so I don't see it likely that he would fall for that trick.

As for the actual battle, gajeel is outskilled here however he's got good counters and resistances to the more relevant abilities. Plus with iron shadow Dragon mode he can turn Rai into shadows with his attacks.

Rn I'm leaning gajeel here for the ap gap and shadow magic stuff.

Whats the attack?
With the Iron Shadow Dragon Mode he cal pretty much increase to demage Ley.
Which one
Corrosion Inducement (Via Iron Shadow Dragon Mode. Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic eats away at a person's body until they become nothing but Darkness), Transmutation (Via Iron Shadow Dragon Mode. Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic can transform people into Darkness)
Gajeels sense of smell would immediately give him red flags about the whole name thing especially since as a dragon slayer he scales to natsu who can smell someones evil intentions, so I don't see it likely that he would fall for that trick.
But Ley is just asking Gajeel his name, i not sure what exactly How that gonna tick him off, since Ley can also hide his evil intention.

Hide his intentions, if he even can do that
He have steath, remember when he killed a ton of soldiers without Rem even noticed what was happening?
He can hide his intentions, and you still din't understand my point.
My point is, why Ley asking Gajeel name would tick him off about Ley intentions, since like... They fighting each other, obsviouly Ley gonna have evil intentions, what exactly about asking his name would raise any flags?
Plus he is bloodlusted and the whole point of that is being bloodthirsty so he will be easily read
Satella...
Sigh, the bloodlust that i speaking is about the fact that the character gonna use his best hax to Win this, irrelevant If he does In-character or not, not literally bloodthirsty.

He have steath, remember when he killed a ton of soldiers without Rem even noticed what was happening?
You can't ask someone for their name in stealth.
My point is, why Ley asking Gajeel name would tick him off about Ley intentions, since like... They fighting each other, obsviouly Ley gonna have evil intentions, what exactly about asking his name would raise any flags?
you can battle someone, and neither side can be evil, the evil intention I'm talking about is gajeel would be able to smell that Ley is an evil individual, thus why would he want to just give out his name to some clearly evil random guy trying to kill him and that's the first thing he tries to get out of gajeel, he isn't stupid, he isn't an "honorable warrior" either so trying to play on that would fall on deaf ears.

, thus why would he want to just give out his name to some clearly evil random guy trying to kill him and that's the first thing he tries to get out of gajeel
You know, you say that but i don't remember Gaajel being so cautious against someone that he would even hesisitate to say his name.
And again, is just his name, he can't assume that Ley would anything just by knowing his name, even if he is evil.

And is not like Ley gonna be on the nose about needing to know Gajeel name, like "Hey, tell me your name NOW" since:
, he isn't stupid
Even if he not stupid (Well, he is stupid sometimes), Ley is way smarter than him, and there's severals ways to trick someone into saying they names to you.
Like, considering how hot tempered he is, Ley could just perster him with a weird nickname until he snaps and be like "Hey, my name is Gaajel Redfox you brat" or something
Ley could also use that one trick that is like, you say that you recognize the guy, then say a name complet different to them, so then can correct by saying they actual name like "oh, i know you, you the uhhh ah [Insert name here] right?" "What? I don't know who you talking about, my name is Gaajel Redfox"
Or the use the classic one, of introducing yourself first and asking they names. Considering how Gaajel likes to gloat about how he is the strongest dragon slayer, it could go something like this:
"Sin Archbishop of the Witch Cult representing Glutony, Rai Batenkaitos. What's your name?"
"...The Iron Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail, Gajeel Redfox" or "The strongest Dragon Slayer, Gajeel Redfox"
The last one is a maybe, since i don't remember if Gajeel is the type to be like "Why should i give my name to someone who about to die" or something, but the other two should work.

You know, you say that but i don't remember Gaajel being so cautious against someone that he would even hesisitate to say his name.
And again, is just his name, he can't assume that Ley would anything just by knowing his name, even if he is evil.
Reading the intent and figuring out the maliciousness behind the asking of the name is likely going to put him on the edge and he will likely not to do so
And is not like Ley gonna be on the nose about needing to know Gajeel name, like "Hey, tell me your name NOW" since:

Even if he not stupid (Well, he is stupid sometimes), Ley is way smarter than him, and there's severals ways to trick someone into saying they names to you.
Like, considering how hot tempered he is, Ley could just perster him with a weird nickname until he snaps and be like "Hey, my name is Gaajel Redfox you brat" or something
Ley could also use that one trick that is like, you say that you recognize the guy, then say a name complet different to them, so then can correct by saying they actual name like "oh, i know you, you the uhhh ah [Insert name here] right?" "What? I don't know who you talking about, my name is Gaajel Redfox"
Or the use the classic one, of introducing yourself first and asking they names. Considering how Gaajel likes to gloat about how he is the strongest dragon slayer, it could go something like this:
Except Ley has never done so in character and is very likely to just try to bruteforce and win against them. Which will cause him to lose
The last one is a maybe, since i don't remember if Gajeel is the type to be like "Why should i give my name to someone who about to die" or something,
True, so he doesn't give out his name and forces Ley to fight him

Except Ley has never done so in character and is very likely to just try to bruteforce and win against them. Which will cause him to lose
Ley is OOC this match.

Ley has amps, debuffs, healing, teleports, better stamina, and ridiculously superior skill.

Ley has amps, debuffs, healing, teleports, better stamina, and ridiculously superior skill.
Sure but gajeel has plenty of his own amps with iron dragon scales and iron shadow Dragon mode.

His intangiblity would make it hard for ley to land any kind of meaningful hits, while gajeel can just sit in his shadow form and close the distance, keep in mind he can partially manifest himself from his shadow form to attack or grab ley, so he can keep most of his body protected from counter attacks.

If he grabs ley, due the strength difference, ley would have to teleport, which gajeel would pick up on and adjust his strategy accordingly.

Meanwhile all gajeel needs to do is land an iron shadow dragons roar, and the fights basically over thanks to the corrosive properties of rogues shadows

I find it doubtful that Gajeel could actually hit Ley in any real capacity, a combo of perception manip, amps, debuffs, A-Precog, IR, and teleporting makes it a monumental task.

If Ley really found fighting Gajeel to be so challenging, he'd probably run away and wait for an oportunity to sneak him.

Bump
Reading the intent and figuring out the maliciousness behind the asking of the name is likely going to put him on the edge and he will likely not to do so
Gaajel is really not that smart to do that.
Ley is bloodlust and out character

True, so he doesn't give out his name and forces Ley to fight him
True what? You confirming something that i say is a possibility?

Back