• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gray Fullbuster vs Sub-Zero, again.

I'll bite. I don't know much about Gray so don't think of me as biased.

Sub-Zero has the advantage in every physical stat but not enough to be invulnerable. Still, Sub-Zero is a MK character so I'd say he can take alot of punishment before going down. MK characters can break each others bones and do lethal injuries on each other and still be alive or able to fight afterwards, and this is not counting gameplay X-Rays.

Sub-Zero can resist being frozen so Gray flash freezing this guy shouldn't be an issue for the ice ninja. Still doesn't mean that he can't be harmed by Gray's ice weapons so that's an advantage for both.

Sub-Zero beats Gray in skill as he is already a grandmaster at this point and has enough knowledge and time to train a large group of people to become assassins. He has also beaten people such as Ermac who possesses the knowledge of thousands of Edenian warriors and Goro, a Shokan warrior who has won generations of Mortal Kombat tournaments and has done this for 500 years. Add the fact that no one during those days have reported any weaknesses to exploit against him since they are already dead by Goro's hands. Take note that people such as Shaolin Monks and assassins are the kind of people that attend these tournaments.

Soul manipulation shouldn't be a problem since Sub-Zero resists it from being able to retain his soul after being turned into a cyborg and being able to stand in the presence of a massive soulnado. Take note that cyborgs in the MK verse do not have souls and are completely immune to any ability that involves controlling souls, unless the soul manip is leagues above what they are immune to.

I'm gonna vote Sub-Zero for now based my reasons.

This is a stomp in my opinion. From the picture, I thought this was Devil Slayer Gray but he's 7-A now that I look at the profile again. All Gray has is his ice manip and Sub-Zero resists that along with having a 3 times attack potency.

Everytime Gray vs Sub Zero gets made, its a stomp. The latter always resists ice and will have the advantage in everything. The resist even cancels Gray's AP advantage if he ever has it.

Ah I didn't realize that, I read his weaknesses and the scans for it. I still think Gray can kill Sub-Zero and I heard that 3x AP advantage isn't automatically a stomp

x3 isn't nearly enough for an AP stomp. Its a stomp because Gray has nothing better than Sub Zero, get his attacks resisted and is completely outclassed in skill.

I'm pretty sure being frozen by a beam of ice is different from getting impaled or crushed by an ice weapon.

There's also this

" Sub-Zero beats Gray in skill as he is already a grandmaster at this point and has enough knowledge and time to train a large group of people to become assassins. He has also beaten people such as Ermac who possesses the knowledge of thousands of Edenian warriors and Goro, a Shokan warrior who has won generations of Mortal Kombat tournaments and has done this for 500 years. Add the fact that no one during those days have reported any weaknesses to exploit against him since they are already dead by Goro's hands. Take note that people such as Shaolin Monks and assassins are the kind of people that attend these tournaments. "

vs

Gray's who just trained in how to use Ice Make since he was a little kid.

That was me not knowing what Gray can do, just going to quote myself:

"I'll bite. I don't know much about Gray so don't think of me as biased."

The thing is that FT doesn't have the lore hype like MK does which makes it very difficult to hype up their skill. Even Gray's fighting style is pretty simple

>Smack hands together

>Yell

>Make object/s

>Hit opponent with ice

He never pulls off any fancy maneuvers or anything.

Funny, I don't get how a long running Shonen manga doesn't have much lore/feats to get from while MK supporters are struggling to gain feats for their MK respect threads

What do you mean by "fancy maneuvers"? Sub-Zero is a simple martial artist with ice powers, he just has much skill behind him.

Probably because Gray doesn't do much skill stuff at all. His most prominent trait after his ice is his intelligence and creativity when using it to over come his opponents. This is made a bit difficult when Zero would dominate in cqc and at range, all Gray does is shoot ice spears, arrows, cannons etc. Those are pretty direct attacks which Zero really shouldn't have much trouble avoiding.

Kredory said:
Funny, I don't get how a long running Shonen manga doesn't have much lore/feats to get from while MK supporters are struggling to gain feats for their MK respect threads
I mean, this is semi early into the series. Later on, Gray fights demons and wizards that are hundreds of years old.

If neither can flatout ignore dura, then I doubt this is a stomp.

If Sub had matter manipulation or timehax or really hardcore regen or something, that'd be one thing. But Sub having a bunch of advantages in little areas just means he's more impressive in general. It doesn't mean he's unkillable, or that Gray winning is completely impossible.

People are way too quick to cry "stomp" when a character loses decisively.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Tbh there were matches were an opponent wins by being way more skilled than the other and they haven't been called stomps, hell, neither opponent was more versatile

Yang vs SCP-076

Ruby Rose vs THE GODDAMN BATMAN
In their defense, the loser wasn't at an AP disadvantage there

That said, why not switch to a 7B FT character? Sure they has an AP advantage by 2x but it's not like Sub-Zero isn't helpless just from the

MrKingOfNegativity said:
If neither can flatout ignore dura, then I doubt this is a stomp.
If Sub had matter manipulation or timehax or really hardcore regen or something, that'd be one thing. But Sub having a bunch of advantages in little areas just means he's more impressive in general. It doesn't mean he's unkillable, or that Gray winning is completely impossible.

People are way too quick to cry "stomp" when a character loses decisively.
Sub's 3X stronger, resists what Gray uses to attack, and is more skilled. Plus I think he can ignore dura by turning people to ice and smashing it.

Sub-Zero would never freeze shatter a kid, ever.

Did I not say that Gray smacks and whacks people with ice weapons rather than freezing them? Which is a better way to fight Sub-Zero?

I mean yeah but that's not really going to work when your three times weaker than someone and that person vastly outskills you.

And those two things, by themselves, are not enough to declare a match a stomp. At most, it's a decisive victory.

Doesn't a decisive victory imply there's a way the loser can win? There's no wincon for Gray here, the moment he fights Sub Zero his fate is sealed.

Uhhh

Why isn't there a wincon exactly?

Sure beating him to death is difficult but a 3x advantage certainly doesn't make you immune to being literally hit to death

>Beating him to death...

The fact that we use an option that is so absurdly unlikely as a way to justify a win/con is just...wow....

Though I like Gray significantly more, he's at the wrong end of a one-sided victory, but that doesn't make it neither a stomp or not a notable matchup.

The real cal howard said:
Though I like Gray significantly more, he's at the wrong end of a one-sided victory, but that doesn't make it neither a stomp or not a notable matchup.
I mean, if you can explain how Gray beats Sub Zero, I would be able to understand why it wouldn't be a stomp.

When your only option is to beat your opponent who is 3x stronger than you and resists everything you do...I would call that a stomp. But no one is going to agree with me, as such I won't bother. So just ignore my ramblings.

Back