• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ice Wizards Clash: Ice King vs Gray Fullbuster

Ice King has a slightly above 2x AP advantage, but tbh that's all he seems to have. Gray is by far the more skilled ice user here, having dozens of different ice attacks that he uses with perfect precision. Even Ice King's Fridjitsu are just less impressive versions of what Gray is shown to be capable of with his ice.

Then there's LS, Gray has about a 220x LS advantage over Ice King meaning many of gray's incap methods like flash freezing or trapping Ice king in his various cage spells would make it very difficult for Ice King to launch an offensive without breaking the restraints first with his own magic, this would leave him open for Gray to land many of his various ranged attacks.

Gray also has a fairly easy weakness to exploit by knocking ice Kings crown off and given the LS difference, Ice King is gonna find it extremely difficult to stop himself from being tossed around by Gray's various spells which could knock his crown off. And with Gray's battle smarts, and his ability to figure out opponents weaknesses mid fight, he might even figure out this weakness mid battle if the Ice king is at all focused on protecting his crown.

Ice King is also has no way of dealing with Gray's last resort Iced Shell, which would turn any advantage the Ice King had into a incon as they both essentially get sealed by it.

So that being said, Gray should take this low to mid diff

Gray is by far the more skilled ice user here, having dozens of different ice attacks that he uses with perfect precision. Even Ice King's Fridjitsu are just less impressive versions of what Gray is shown to be capable of with his ice.
...👀

Simon can go invisible, he can shrink his crown, he can fly, he can emit sickness onto Gray with his weird beard flakes, he can shoot lightning, he can make giant armor and summons to fight for him.

Ykw, lemme add some abilities to Ice King rq
So that being said, Gray should take this low to mid diff
I'll add your vote, but... ehhhh

Honestly, I think that I might give this one to Ice King. This is X784 Gray, who has much less experience and unique abilities than his other keys, and while he does have a variety of different spells he can use, as well as a variety of weapons that he can conjure out of ice, I still think Ice King has greater advantages.

Ice King has greater mobility thanks to his flight, which would allow him to fire multiple of his ice lightning bolts from afar and make it harder for Gray to remove his helmet. Even if he did remove his helmet, Ice King could resort to his Fridjitsu. Since Finn and Jake were able to use this fighting style, it shows that people don't need to have natural magic affinity to ice to use Fridjitsu, so I think Ice King could use Fridjitsu even if he lost his crown. KingTempest mentioned beard flakes, but he never uses that ability in-battle, and he didn't even know that his beard flakes could induce sickness, so I don't see him using that against Gray. However, KingTempest did mention invisibility, so yea Ice King could turn invisible and land some surprise attacks on Gray. However, the biggest advantage that Ice King has is his Demonic Wishing Eye. This magic item allows the user to make an endless supply of clones equal in strength to the user. Though it does come at a cost, Ice King might use it if he's desperate enough, and with so many clones, there's no way Gray could defeat so many or find which clone to seal with his Iced Shell. All this, combined with the higher AP advantage, makes me think Ice King would win this more times than not.

Last edited:
Back