• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gray Fullbuster vs Esdeath

Schnee One said:
How does Gray counter time Stop and the 2.5x AP gap?
The time stop is cold based iirc, and Gray can resist that. With that said, Esdeath has the better AP of the two, so I'll vote incon for now.

Actually, being resistance to ice doesn't grant you abilities to bypass Esdeath time freeze, Schnee can elaborate it more about this

Schnee One said:
Low 7B Gray has sealing?
It's that Ice shell ability that will kill him if he does use it, but it's like a last resort move and he rarely if ever commits to the move

<Kills him if he uses it

Well that's out

Esdeath also has a massive range advantage and her AP advantage is solid

Is Gray any good with blades? Esdeaths pretty great at CQC.

he´s only ever tried to use it twice, both times he was fully commited and both times someone else stopped him. so the ┬¿never really commits┬¿ bit is a load of hooey. also it doesnt kill him it turns him into ice.

Twice out of the dozens of fights he's ever been in. So safe to say, him using Ice Shell right off the bat isn't something he's gonna do

I mean, Death Battle are the same people who said Shao Kahn can resist mindhax because he himself has mindhax, despite showing like no instances of him resisting mindhax. Sooooo yeah.....

I bet a girlfriend that will.

Regardless, I'm trying to find the CRT where we removed it. But the AP gap and CQC advantage for Esdeath makes me think she wins even without it, if she can use it then Gray loses quite easily

AquaWaifu said:
How much you wanna bet they're going to give Gray resistance to Esdeath' time stop due to that wording?
I'm personally hoping they use a more roundabout logic, Gray was able to freeze END-Natsu's flames, END-Natsu's flames were able to burn through time, hence Gray can move in frozen time.

Theglassman12 said:
I mean, Death Battle are the same people who said Shao Kahn can resist mindhax because he himself has mindhax, despite showing like no instances of him resisting mindhax. Sooooo yeah.....
Can we stop judging modern DB by the old seasons

Sealing should counted, Death Battle states that no matter what technique they have as a last resort (say Guy's 8th Gate leading to his death) , if it puts down Esdeath down and Grey later on dies or whatever, will still count a win towards him.

The Calaca said:
They did the same with Hiei's Jagan resisting Sharingan's BS.
Well really the argument there was that hiei wasn't that much slower than sasuke and was far stronger. which is a thing in and of itself but yknow. The jagan at least has mind resistance feats

You forgot how they mentioned Hiei can counter the Rinnegan with telekinesis despite him showing no signs of doing that against any gravity users.

But sasuke doesn't have eyeballs as his main source of power which makes him less disgusting than Hiei so that makes him better........ oh wait.

don't get me wrong i agree that hiei gets his ass beat in every category but one instance isn't really enough when they have a completely different research team compared to the early seasons

Joaquin.camano.7 said:
Sealing should counted, Death Battle states that no matter what technique they have as a last resort (say Guy's 8th Gate leading to his death) , if it puts down Esdeath down and Grey later on dies or whatever, will still count a win towards him.
No it wouldn't count as a win. At the very best it would be inconclusive since Gray dies right when Esdeath gets sealed away.

Back