• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gray Fullbuster vs Esdeath

I don't remember Gray using Iced Shell at this point. He does know it, but it's less likely to use it now than in other versions.

Esdeath has a lot of advantages here, so I'm voting for her.

lol was about to mention IDS but then realized this is BOS Gray

Knowing Deathbattle, the fight will be IDS Gray vs an Esdeath with a tier inbetween her keys because they probably won't use the Shikoutaser scaling and find some other feat somehow not mentioned before

esdeath fra

I think the fight comes down to a single question: Would Gray resist Za Warudo due to supposedly being cold based?

If the answer is yes, he'd do what Slayers do.

If not, rip.

The Calaca said:
I think the fight comes down to a single question: Would Gray resist Za Warudo due to supposedly being cold based?

If the answer is yes, he'd do what Slayers do.

If not, rip.
A CRT would have to be made regarding that in order for it to work

I'm uncertain where does the Gray vote comes from. Someone just FRAd and nobody gave a reason?

Man people are come after me for this but Esdeath freeze ability doesnt work on those resistant to the cold. She doesn't actually freeze time, she does indirectly. Her ability is pretty much cyrostasis where someone is frozen and suspend in ice for a period of time till they're unfrozen. That what esdeath did created a cold field where those within except for her are frozen in a stasis state. So since time and space are always flowing, by default of course time would be "Frozen", but not literally.

But it can be overcame by cold resistance. Tatsumi proved this two times. The first time she used he was able to move because he became resistant and second time during the final arc when tatsumi became a dragon he was moving in it again to try an attack her. You can even see the cold field when she uses it. So it wont work on Gray since he's immune to the cold. Grays freezing and cold ice is more potent and better than hers. She never faced anyone till tatsumi whos cold resilient, only humans.

Gray on the other hand is capable of freezing tornados, literal antimagic particles, and high end flames from natsu and his half end flames. Plus he overcame someone who can bypass cold immune with is IDS and ice make. Plus base he scales above broken erza that toke out the meteor, IDS Gray is far higher.

This is Base Gray, not EoS Gray. He does not scale to the meteor.

Secondly we had a CRT on this that already accepted it as being a full on time Stop. So you need to go against that CRT first by making your own.

You can add the fight whenever (Also bit sure why her win against Natsu was removed but meh)

I'll close it once that's done

DB versions will use both at their primes. This meabs Gray is faster and stronger in base. Unless they scale her to CiC he could close the gap easily and win via better AP even if it was a legit time stop anyways.

But yeah, these restrictions make it a win for Esdeath

1. We already had a thread on that not being the case

2. Why would Gray resist because Tatsumi was knocked out by it?

in the thread that was sent its main point was that tatsumi was still affected by it the first time even if he already had cold resistance. but tatsumi was knocked out the first time she did it wasnt he?

He was laid out on the ground the first time she casted it... Esdeath was busy killing Susano-O looking for his core

No Might said:
in the thread that was sent its main point was that tatsumi was still affected by it the first time even if he already had cold resistance. but tatsumi was knocked out the first time she did it wasnt he?
I just reread the thread and this wasn't actually an argument, just disproving that cold resistance was not in fact stated to resist her time stop

Schnee One said:
No Might said:
I just reread the thread and this wasn't actually an argument, just disproving that cold resistance was not in fact stated to resist her time stop
but that is wrong given by how he was unconsious

also about that scan There'd be no need to mention how Incursio evolved to move in a frozen tundra other than to express how her time stop is an extension of her ice manipulation

Back