• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star and Stripe (MHA) vs Esdeath (AGK!)

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
I wonder how this will go down.

Esdeath is in her High 6-C rating.

Star and Stripe's AP: 557.41 Gigatons, higher with Fist Bump To The Earth

Esdeath's AP: 550 Gigatons

Speed is equalized.

Starting Distance = 30 meters

Who wins?

Star and Stripe: (0)

Esdeath: (0)

LQ9rikc.png

She doesn't start with her time stop unless she's in trouble, due to how much it drains her.

She'd also prefers to have a fight.

Honestly an interesting match solely due to Star not starting with her instakill things. I assume she doesn’t have her jet bros.

Star might be able to set a rule on “ice” or herself that could stop a large portion of Esdeath’s moveset. Like “the ice is not cold.” or “I cannot be frozen.” “The ice is water,” “all ice within 100 feat of me will melt,” the potential she has over “ice” is quite intense considering what she could do to light. And if she’s ever truly threatened, “The air is gone” is an instant gg unless Esdeath immediately uses time stop.

Main problems come in the fact that Star will likely need both her rules for anything decisive, and thus will lose her strength rule and be at risk of one shot. She can’t really beat Esdeath in cqc with her lack of fighting feats and Esdeath’s skill, so it comes down to if Esdeath can kill Star before Star does something that will just take her out completely.

Time Stop is good I’m a pinch but if Star has a rule that prevents freezing she can survive a stab since Esdeath doesn’t seem to favor removing heads. And even when being decayed into nothing, Star could move and non-verbally create rules. so placing a rule on herself that would let her survive a stab to, say, the heart, is possible, or even putting a rule on Esdeath’s sword.

Esdeath needs to kill Star VERY fast without giving her a chance to speak with limited to no knowledge on her abilities. Star just needs to feel threatened enough to deem Esdeath a threat on par with Shigaraki to potentially end the match.

Jets are optional, so no she doesn't have them unless I feel like it's needed.

Humans also don't die instantly when removed from oxygen. Even a normal man can survive a few seconds in a vacuum of space, so Esdeath can quickly maneuver outside of the area. (Since Star will yell out the effective range) Though the liquid inside of her body and her eyes boiling due to the pressure difference will not be pleasant.

Star can react to Esdeath escaping the range by just shifting it over constantly or performing a different rule that removes her ice. After all, Esdeath’s flight is based on carrying herself with ice which is why she doesn’t call it “true flight”, so if Star sets a rule on “ice” that makes it hard to use on top of the “air” rule, Esdeath can’t really escape without major damage that could cripple any attempts she might have to fight back without time stop, like the Fist Bump to the Earth.

I also think it's important to point out that due to Esdeath's Aura, Star would probably consider her a threat at the start of the fight, which would lead to more lethal uses of her quirk.

When Star uses her air erasure I imagine Esdeath would time stop when she feels like she's about to suffocate to death, or maybe because it took her eyesight. I don't know if Star could do anything else beforehand that would make Esdeath feel like she needs to stop time.

Also, her eyesight is gone because her eyes would boil due to the pressure difference. However, as shown on the profile Esdeath is still a threat and can fight while blinded. It seems like it works off sensing people's intentions, and she can sense their location even if they are invisible.

During the time stop Esdeath will waste some time dealing with the after effects of what just happen. At this point she'd understand that Star is a massively dangerous and will likely play more carefully. Star just erased all of the air around her with a simple gesture and phrase after all.

Killing Star while in the time stop is most ideal but I'm not certain if she can gather herself fast enough to come to that conclusion and execute it before her time stop ends. I don't know exactly how long it last, but I remember it didn't last long enough for her to do a lot. She froze time, went to stab someone and it comes undone right afterward. When she did it again Tatsumi stopped her before she could stab Mine, but the time stop ended very quickly after that.

I say her time stop only last a few seconds, less than a minute. So I don't think she can kill Star during it in this situation. As I said, she has to first catch her breath from however long she wasn't breathing and deal with the fact her eyes are gone. She can't regenerate like Shigaraki can so it's not a minor inconvenience.

What Esdeath will do after that is a unknown, this was actually my line of thought for making this match up. What would happen afterward?

Hope this doesn't end up a stomp in either Esdeath or Star's favor because I'm wrong about something.

Esdeath travel speed on foot is in the sonic range, I plan on fixing that.
So her escaping hundred of meters in a matter of seconds is not a problem if she cant breathe.
Also the ice is kind of secondary to her, as she was hailed as the strongest even before she got the Teigu.

Wait, Star can't resist ice. Is there anything stopping her from simply freezing? Because she can't use "ice melts" orders and the like if she's completely frozen by Esdeath's first attacks.

Why wouldn’t she be able to put a rule on herself to resist ice? The reason her rule against Decay didn’t work was cause her power was already stolen, so something as simple as not freezing shouldn’t be outside her ability. And all she has to do is not get bodied by the first ice attack, touch the ice and then the rule works.

Why wouldn’t she be able to put a rule on herself to resist ice?
To do this, Star first needs to know that Esdeath uses ice attacks, and Esdeath can freeze Star's entire body or try to pierce her in the first few attacks. She won't be able to carry out the order if she's frozen or pierced.
And all she has to do is not get bodied by the first ice attack, touch the ice and then the rule works.
What would stop Esdeath from just producing more ice of nothingness? Or go for sword blows? And the New Order has a limit of two rules, if Star wants to kill her by asphyxiation or something, she would have to give up either the super strength rule or the ice resistance, and in both cases Star would be totally vulnerable to any attack from Esdeath.

The fact that Star is a thinking person who doesn’t stand still might help her not just get stabbed and one shot.

Depends on what Esdeath’s first move is, cause if she tries an ice move then Star instantly knows to have an ice rule prepared but if she starts with stabs then yes I can see her being caught off guard.

This is all assuming she doesn’t immediately start with the air rule or Fist Bump considering how strong Esdeath is and her aura. Yes, she can only have two rules so she’s vulnerable without both focused on defense, but whatever rule she has active that isn’t defense is ruining many of Esdeath’s options, such as the lack of air or her ice not working.

Losing her strength or any ice resistance is irrelevant if the rule she has in place of them is massively hampering or outright killing Esdeath.

What is Esdeath’s first attack because if Star starts with the air rule Esdeath is starting the fight with her blood boiled, eyes busted and near death with no way of stopping it beyond wasting time stop to escape.

This is also ignoring that being on the ground/in a city, Star can place rules on practically anything. The ground, the air, the entire battlefield can be a near instant death environment to Esdeath at the cost of Star’s defense. As stated by Shigaraki/AFO, when it comes to non living matter she has basically no limit to how she can change it.

“The ground is lava” is one of the funnier ones I can think of but Star genuinely has limitless options to attack Esdeath if she’s being serious in this fight. Esdeath has to kill her quickly without getting put in a vacuum

Back