• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki: potential upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
the biscuit oliver feat shook the whole world,

if the #1 can punch out a particularly strong earthquake than it wouldnt be a suprise if the #2 (who only specializes in brute strength) to at least create a quake of similar strength, but not on planet-range,

and different than yuujiro who did it causually oliver was serious, therefore his attack shook the world,

ergo, yuujiro and oliver are both able to punch with a force that it enough in order to make the world shake(but only a bit), i guess since it wasnt mentioned or noticed by any human that it was a weak one,

here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale#Richter_magnitudes

they also have a describtion to determine the strength of the quakes,

from you posts the feat with yuujiro seems like:

6.0―6.9 Strong Damage to a moderate number of well-built structures in populated areas. Earthquake-resistant structures survive with slight to moderate damage. Poorly designed structures receive moderate to severe damage. Felt in wider areas; up to hundreds of miles/kilometers from the epicenter. Strong to violent shaking in epicentral area.
and the one with oliver:

2.0―2.9 Minor Felt slightly by some people. No damage to buildings.
now we only need someone who could calc the energy needed to cause 6 and 2 magnitudes,

yuujiro will get a "at least" on the answer and oliver will get a solid upgrade (he also needs a profile)

Ryukama said:
@Tivanenk Could you please not give condescending and sarcastic responses like you've been asked in the past. Thank you.
And if you believe there is something wrong with the feats posted above or that they're somehow taken out of context, please elaborate instead of just saying they're wrong.
I agree.

@Ryukama There's no point of explaining each and every individual point considering how often the manga goes into overexaggerations and complete nonsense at times. Like that one time where their speed is stated to transcend time itself in Baki the Son of the Ogre.

In short, GPS feat is because the GPS specifically tracks them and goes out of control when they make erratic movements. Lightning stuff is the same spiel about speed exaggerations (his fist moved at the speed of light!) to make them seem impressive (sound barrier was presented to be an obstacle in the series), and the earthquake stuff was just them assuming he stopped the earthquake when there is no evidence he actually did anything (Pickle is the pinnacle of strength and he can barely fight T-rexes).

@Tivenenk It's not me demanding you explain each and every little point.

It's that you literally explained nothing and instead just denied everything for no given reason. Along with being rather sarcastic and condescending, when other staff in the past have asked you not to act in such a way.

Also the whole point of the earthquake scene is to showcase Yujiro's power, the instant he punches the ground it stops, and everyone keeps going on about how he stopped it.

Nothing suggests that it was a mere coincidence. Also considering that Yujiro forced the United States to sign a peace treaty with him, and that it was recently stated the latest missile doesn't compare to his strength, him being somewhere in the high end Tier 8 to Tier 7 range isn't that inconsistent.

And given people fodder to Pickle can break the sound barrier, destroy massive buildings and dominate in armed wars barehanded, him struggling with a dinosaur can easily be considered PIS. (Assuming this dino was the strength of one of our own and not enhanced like other Bakiverse animals)

But even then, Pickle doesn't scale to Yujro. So him having lesser showings wouldn't effect his tier.

Pickle scales to Yujiro at least somewhat considering how well he did against Musashi who was evenly matched with Yujiro.

There is no evidence that Yujiro actually stopped the earthquake with his fist. It was meant to show his magnimaty, how superhuman he is and how absurd he is. It's the same spiel as when Biscuit Olivia had his muscles bulge to the heavens, or when Che Guevara had the power of the Earth beneath him. Pointless nonsense. Yujiro doesn't have the might of nukes or even missiles and hasn't shown to be. The army comparison is once more, to show how absurd he is.

Sorry, but your points are invalid and nonsensical once you look at the grand scheme of things.

You can't deny a feat just because it's to "show how absurd he is." If anything you arguing the earthquake scene is intended to show how powerful they are supports that it's an actual demonstration of his power.

And once again nothing suggests it was a mere coincidence. The context is clearly indicating that he indeed stopped the earthquake. And him having statements of Tier 7 range help support this feat.

Characters far below Pickle have consistently shown things above T Rex level. That struggle would be clear PIS.

And I'm not going to ask you again to stop being condescending, sarcastic and insulting to others, especially towards me and after other staff have asked you to not act this way. So I suggest you stop this "makes me want to throw up" and "invalid and nonsensical" business immeadiately.

Yujiro himself have caused Earthquakes before, even his son could produce an Earthquake by making the Aura of his father.

So the consistency is there

The idea that Yujiro, quite frankly, stopped earthquakes is quite absurd considering he doesn't even have enough power to create a single diamond from a lump of carbon. It's like me saying, "Hey, Baki was sparring against an image of a mantis, that means that he has reality warping now!"

Again, nothing to suggest he actually has that kind of power, considering his other feats. He can't make diamonds despite less power requirement for that, he had trouble with a fragile old man who would have been killed instantly if he showed that level of power, and he actually paused to think if he would be able to take on a dinosaur. Even if he did stop an earthquake, it would be considered a huge outlier at best.

And no, I haven't insulted you, I've only attacked the arguments. So stop with the highhandedness.

Tivanenk said:
The idea that Yujiro, quite frankly, stopped earthquakes is quite absurd considering he doesn't even have enough power to create a single diamond from a lump of carbon. It's like me saying, "Hey, Baki was sparring against an image of a mantis, that means that he has reality warping now!"

Again, nothing to suggest he actually has that kind of power, considering his other feats. He can't make diamonds despite less power requirement for that, he had trouble with a fragile old man who would have been killed instantly if he showed that level of power, and he actually paused to think if he would be able to take on a dinosaur. Even if he did stop an earthquake, it would be considered a huge outlier at best.

And no, I haven't insulted you, I've only attacked the arguments. So stop with the highhandedness.
Making a diamond requires more than just pressure you do realize that right?

He wasn't even serious in that fight at all...We have never seen him go all out ever, plus that old man had a special ability that let him handle some of Yujiros punches.

Yujiro having these other statements of the same power and lesser characters also having created earthquakes like Trin has said help support his claim.

Also once again Yujiro stomping armed soldiers when far weaker, being greatly stronger than characters who can destroy large buildings, killing an animal that crushed army tanks, being stronger than a character who's broken the sound barrier, etc. all point to anything involving struggling with a dinosaur to be PIS.

And you've still been acting rather condescending in your attitude and being insulting during this thread.

Not to mention that other staff members in the past have complained about your past behavior and have given you warnings in the past to stop.

So again, it isn't going to be wise for you to keep dismissing my warnings to you after you've gotten several others in the before.

I'm not being high handed, rather as an admin trying to moderate the behavior of other users, especially ones who've acted less than ideally in the past. There's a civility of the community that I have the reaponsibility of helping maintain, which is what I'm trying to do.

The old man had maneuvers that allowed some of the energy to simply travel through his body by not locking his joints, but it only had a certain limit. Might I add that "earthquake punch" of his was also casual as well. Also, Yujiro went all out against Musashi (and would've lost, might I add).

The diamond feat was treated as a strength feat. Yujiro himself stated he wasn't strong enough to create a diamond.

Nobody I know who reads the series takes the earthquake feat seriously considering it goes counter to everything else the manga series presents (Musashi's best feat is slicing through 8 bodies and that's presented as impressive).

Tivanenk said:
The old man had maneuvers that allowed some of the energy to simply travel through his body by not locking his joints, but it only had a certain limit. Might I add that "earthquake punch" of his was also casual as well. Also, Yujiro went all out against Musashi (and would've lost, might I add).

The diamond feat was treated as a strength feat. Yujiro himself stated he wasn't strong enough to create a diamond.

Nobody I know who reads the series takes the earthquake feat seriously considering it goes counter to everything else the manga series presents (Musashi's best feat is slicing through 8 bodies and that's presented as impressive).
Because the punch looked casual dosen't mean he wasn't trying at all, there was no limit established to how much force the old man can handle.

Of curse he can't he can't generate the heat required to make one, you can't make a diamond with just pressure

They are in denial as the evidence is shown multiple times,doing such recurs skills it would be impressive to any human.

Let me ask real quick... do you support planet level Che Guevara as well? And Immeasurable Speed Baki?

Yujiro moreso stated that the idea of only pressure making a diamond out of coal was an absurd theory. Not so much that there was a limit to his strength in particular preventing him from doing so.

Also just because Baki has made a few, clearly hyperbolic statements, does not mean nothing said in the series can be taken seriously and all feats above 9-B have to be regarded as outliers.

Buu once being said to be omnipotent or Metal Bat being said to approach infinity doesn't now mean every statement/high end feat those franchises have needs to be discarded. Rather looked at from a case by case basis to determine the legitamacy of.

Yujiro has a Tier 7 feat and statement. But even looking at those as outliers, him and other characters in the series have a variety of other feats, and reliable statements that make things like struggling with a dinosaur and such inconsistencies as well.

Just because it has outliers before, doesn't mean 9-B and above feats are outliers. I recommend you listen to Ryu here, who has been completing accurate here, and end this little discussion.

Tivanenk said:
Again, nothing to suggest he actually has that kind of power, considering his other feats.
what is with the encounter baki and yuujiro had? yuujiros sheer aura caused the entire skyscraper to shake violently...

seeing that, him punching out earthquakes doesnt seem like much of a stretch at all, and the first post on this thread of mine already explains how the earthquake must have been one of 6 to 6.9 on the richterscale...

oliver, who was #2 (before pikle and miyamoto) was able to cause a 2 to 2.9 strong earthquake (and that all over the world which means that if it was concentrated on one place it could reach 3 or even 4 on the richterscale )

Olivia didn't create an earthquake over the world, he simply disrupted the entire GPS system by using his full strength. My god, it was explicitly stated in the manga itself. Stop taking feats out of context.

We only have one earthquake from Yujiro which is completely inconsistent and a massive outlier that we don't even know if he stopped the earthquake or not (he only created a small hole in the ground ffs). He never states whether he stopped it, never confirms it. We only have observations from side characters. There's also the aura spiel from Baki but that is also nonsense since the manga never uses auras for anything other than that one moment and doesn't even give a description about it.

Other than that, we actually have very consistent showings that indicate that Yujiro is wall level, maybe building level at most. He struggles with a lot of showings and there's no indication that he's ever above that. The author simply loves using dramatic moments to build up hype (like a guy trying to employ a nuke against Yujiro's father).

Seriously, there're only two moments in the entire manga that ever surpass Tier 9 in the four manga series, Ryukama, that clash against dozens upon dozens of feats. Inconsistencies won't change the series' overall showings.

^and how did he disrupt the GPS system that was simultanously tracking down the 3 strongest beings on earth? he surely didnt create some kind of EMP and he also didnt touch the satellite, and the only possible option is that the earth got shaken and since the satellite would be un-influenced by it, it got out of track, this is what happens if you take context into your arguments...

destructive scale =/= AP, it isnt even that impossible, yuujiro is superior to any being and weapon on earth that was repeatedly said in-story, so yeah, he can punch out a earthquake, EXSPECIALLY since he never hit something/someone else with the same serious punch, he was semi-serious in any other encounter so his uper limit can very well be the earthquake-punch,

as for aura: dragonball gave ki, naruto gave chakra, the breaker gave ki, and in fist of north star they had it too... the author doesnt need to explain anything, he showed us what the chars did, they could induce fear into enemys by reacreating semi-existing animals and train with impossible beings, and in case of yuujiro he was able to shake a entire skyscraper easily...

are you serious? wall-lvl? doppo is able to destroy a wall out of concrete and at least half a meter thick with a single punch, and yuujiro shook a entire skyscraper with his aura alone, he killed a gaint elephant who turned a entire ecosystem into chaos in mere minutes while tanks couldnt even scratch that guy,

this verse is already going into the supernatural side of things since baki:son of ogre, it is easy to see that the top-tiers treat concrete like pudding, and if nothing else, there is somewhere a entire chapter that explained yuujiros ability to detect any weakness/illness in anything better than the best modern machines ever could...him, pikle, miyamoto and baki should definively get a upgrade...

Uh, he disrupted the GPS system by performing excessive movement. It's explained in the manga. He didn't shake the world.

Bone argument. Just because someone doesn't use his full strength (which he did against Baki and Miyamoto, btw) doesn't mean he deserves to be tiers higher. Also, stopping an earthquake is unquantifiable from a calculation perspective, and the vague details don't do it good. At most, Yujiro deserves building level, but then again, he shook the skyscraper with Baki's help, so maybe not.

And? Doppo punching through concrete tubes is something I acknowledge. Baki busting through walls (as well as Pickle) I acknowledge. It doesn't mean Yujiro is suddenly several tiers above them.

Besides the PIS dinosaur thing and AoE attacks, there aren't that many instances of characters exerting themselves with 9-B stuff.

However everytime a feat or statement higher than this shows up, you'll either dismiss it as "spiel" or "nonsense" for no reason. Compare it to entirely unrelated hyperboles made in other parts of the series. Or dismiss it for arbitrary reasons such as "it's meant to show how strong they are and for hype" or "they didn't explain the logistics of the attack that much."

Yujiro has consistently been referred to as the strongest creature on earth, stronger than the military, dominated in the Vietnam War barehanded when he was far weaker, stated stronger than the latest missile, killed an animal who tanks couldn't do damage to, stopped an earthquake with no indication it coincidentally stopped the instant he punched it as opposed to numerous statements saying he did, shook skyscrapers on numerous occasions, stronger than Baki who can survive attacks that shake many buildings, stronger than people that can stomp characters who cause sonic booms with their hits, stronger than Speck who dealt significant damage to the statue of liberty, has the armies of entire countries terrified of him, etc.

Even disregarding the earthquake thing, there are plenty of feats and reliable statements that put him and others significantly higher than a T-Rex or slicing 8 people.

As for a tier for Yujiro:

• For a lowball he should be 9-A for killing a massive elephant that tanks couldn't scratch and who could demolish military vehicles by stepping on them.
I'm fine with the earthquake feat and the military/missile statements being considered outliers. But Wall level, T-Rex level and slicing 8 guys level is far too much of a lowball.

However I do not care enough about Baki to keep arguing this and bringing up different feats and statements that'll likely get dismissed no matter what. As long as you stop being sarcastic and condescending towards others I'm not too interested in responding in the thread anymore.

Other staff members can read the points here and decide what they feel to be best. And I'll completely respect and appreciate their final decision regardless.

I'm fine with the suggested tier of 9-A, but perhaps a Possibly Higher or Possibly X tier would do as well?

I mean it's pretty obvious who I agree with, but as well just comment again. Yes, I agree with Ryu. He pointed out mostly everything, so not much to say.

Edit: Given the substantial evidence shown by both parties, and me carefully analyzing everything shown to me by said parties while also taking into consideration my own knowledge of said topic, I have come to the conclusion that the staff member Ryukama had the better reasoning on the topic of Grappler Baki ,due the reasonable argument the latter gave with the evidence provided by him and has my agreement for his argument.

Tivanenk said:
Uh, he disrupted the GPS system by performing excessive movement. It's explained in the manga. He didn't shake the world.
Bone argument. Just because someone doesn't use his full strength (which he did against Baki and Miyamoto, btw) doesn't mean he deserves to be tiers higher. Also, stopping an earthquake is unquantifiable from a calculation perspective, and the vague details don't do it good. At most, Yujiro deserves building level, but then again, he shook the skyscraper with Baki's help, so maybe not.

And? Doppo punching through concrete tubes is something I acknowledge. Baki busting through walls (as well as Pickle) I acknowledge. It doesn't mean Yujiro is suddenly several tiers above them.
you inssist on context but always ignore it yourself, here the actual scans:

http://imgur.com/ehL8khx he throws someone to the ground,

http://imgur.com/wL9X80g and the story himself already says it, THAT affected the whole world

yuujiro never used his full strength against them, he causually "played" with baki and went higher and higher until he realised that baki was indeed capable of giving him a real fight, but he didnt do it, why do you think did the military appear if their "all out" fight would only take down one or two buildings?

and he was about to go serious (enjoy it) against miyamoto, but f*cking ninja-dude appeared and destroyed their fun...

he is because he killed a elephant that not even a army was able to stop, he is repeatedly said to be above any machinery, his aura alone made a skyscraper shake violently, you are simply ignoring actual feats...

@GreatestSin Maybe you should go back and read the previous chapters when Baki goes to visit Olivia in his special cell.

Also, killing an elephant has nothing to do with building level since he did demolish it with one punch, but rather aimed at focused attacks at his vitals, which is completely different. Again, only one possible 9-A feat I've seen so far in the skyscraper shaking.

@Tivanenl what does that have to do with the scans i showed? they prove that his attack shook the world and caused GPS to go wrong,

you must consider the size of the elephant, here a few more panels:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139933/3541126-elephant+4.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139933/3541127-elephant+5.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139933/3541125-elephant+3.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139933/3541128-elephant+6.jpg

a single foot was as big as a tank,

and yuujiro kicked the foot that easily crushed a tank away: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139933/3541133-elephant+7.jpg

than punched the animal: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139933/3541134-elephant+8.jpg

embraced him: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139933/3541135-elephant+9.jpg

and here he killed the elephant: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/139933/3541136-elephant+10.jpg

such a animal could easily destroy a city-block, so even IF we say that the earthquake feat is a outlier (the muscle-guy did a similar feat with less intensity but more range so it isnt that impossible) than yuujiro would still be "at least city block lvl",

PS: how much would his earthquake feat amount to? i couldnt find a way to calculate the kinetic energy of a earthquake of the scale of 6...

I am in agreement with Ryukama and the others, because unlike Tivanenk they aren't simply dismissing the feat due to low-ends or the existence of exaggerated statements. Those can always be identified and ignored with ease.

Being condescending and having arguments such as "The Earthquake was just a coincidence!" are also silly and don't help Tiva's case.

seems like most people agree on the feats,

than: can anyone calc how much kinetic energy a earthquake of the sqale of 6 has? i didnt find a way :(

and a feat on scale 2 would be also needed for the super-muscular #2 fighter oliver...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back