• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki Discussion Thread

I don't think it's an outlier since the only times he could hurt Yuichiro and Yujiro were in his prime state. He caused minor injuries to both of them in that state, attacked at a speed in which Yujiro couldn't dodge properly in both the manga and anime, and was shown to be weaker after losing his eye to Yujiro, thus why he never has comparable feats in his later keys.

Since this is a Yujiro vs Doppo topic, I have to ask mostly out of curiosity.

When Doppo struck Yujiro one time, Yujiro actually states that he could have had his heart struck had he been one step closer to his attack.

Seeing that this was Yujiro himself saying this, how serious should we take his word on Doppo actually being that close to killing him?

This question works under the assumption that hitting his heart would have definitely killed him, when it is only a possibility.

But to answer your question anyway, I've never seen Yujiro lie or be wrong about what is going on during a fight or about the outcome of a fight, so it's more than likely he was being honest.

I disagree with 7-C but am neutral on speed.

Looking at his AP feats, Doppo was left paralyzed and nearly KO'd by a single direct hit from casual Base Yujiro. In comparison, dozens of Doppo's punches did nothing to Yujiro besides the fact that Yujiro couldn't keep up. In their flashback fight a weaker and likely casual Yujiro also KO's Doppo in two hits. Based on this I'm heavily inclined to say the Yuichiro feat is an outlier.

High Hypersonic speed could work but it doesn't make sense given that he only shows said speed when Sangan is active, despite Sangan being a reaction speed amp.

Also for the heart thing. It's very clearly shown that Doppo's punch wouldn't have done much if it landed, given that 5 of the same punches in their second fight did literally zero damage.

I only argued for possibly 7-C, because the damage he caused was minimal and it doesn't need to scale to his durability.

He clearly showed this speed after he stopped using sangan. He wasn't using sangan when he was relentlessly rushing down Yujiro with strikes.

Amlad22 said:
Also for the heart thing. It's very clearly shown that Doppo's punch wouldn't have done much if it landed, given that 5 of the same punches in their second fight did literally zero damage.
I think this is when they were using that ancient stance that relies on a fighter's entire attack range, which I belive has attacks a lot more potent than basic punches.

I'm still not sure about possibly given the feat of a younger and weaker Yujiro beating Doppo in two hits. Yujiro wasn't 7-C when this fight happened and he still easily won. I know Doppo was drunk but he said himself that it only impacted his speed.

Actually the stances were used in the second fight when Doppo landed 5 punches. No stance or special move was used with the single punch. It was just a regular Seiken.

Amlad22 said:
I disagree with 7-C but am neutral on speed.
High Hypersonic speed could work but it doesn't make sense given that he only shows said speed when Sangan is active, despite Sangan being a reaction speed amp.
He wasn't using Sangan, it's after he used it.

If Yujiro wasn't 7-C when he was younger, why did all of the world's superpowers decide to get nukes on the day he was born?

Not implying he was a 7-C baby, but that they felt the need to be armed on a nuclear level because of his existence alone.

Why do we even have a key for Doppo before and after loosing his eye? Was it ever stated he got weaker? Otherwise, loosing an eye won't make you weaker or slower...

According to our fictional AP for them. Loosing Sangan also won't make him weaker or slower.

And i mean, he DID break all of Dorian's ribs with a few punches to start with. I think that's the way the author intended to say "Doppo is leagues above Dorian". Like, do you think he would just draw Doppo vaporizing Dorian with a finger flick? We all know that's not how Baki works.

Nah, Itagaki would totally have Doppo go "Nothing personal, kid.", teleport behind Dorian and use his uber karate beam to annihilate him

In all seriousness, I'm sure Amlad remembers why we have him ranked that way, I don't exactly remember all the reasons, but I think it has something to do with consistency and feats in that part or something. Didn't Doppo also take a break for a while, or was he just traveling?

Anttron224 said:
In all seriousness, I'm sure Amlad remembers why we have him ranked that way, I don't exactly remember all the reasons, but I think it has something to do with consistency and feats in that part or something. Didn't Doppo also take a break for a while, or was he just traveling?
Reasons for Doppo not scaling to Yujiro:

Doppo saying Yujiro didn't take any damage;

Reasons for Doppo scaling to Yujiro:

The fact he survived MANY attacks from Yujiro both in base and in Demon Back;

The fact Yujiro stated Doppo could have killed him had his punches gotten to his heart, which they got really close to;

The fact that, in the manga, Doppo cut both of Yujiro's wrists;

The fact that Doppo leaved clear dents on Yujiro's chest; Probably more.

I really think Doppo should scale to Yujiro.

The problem with scaling the two is that Doppo and Yujiro are only shown to be even in the same realm in the manga, which from what I understand doesn't follow the same canon as the anime, and in the anime, it's implied by Doppo that the only times Yujiro was even remotely affected by Doppo is when he was acting

KGiffoni said:
Anttron224 said:
Reasons for Doppo not scaling to Yujiro:
Doppo saying Yujiro didn't take any damage;

Reasons for Doppo scaling to Yujiro:

The fact he survived MANY attacks from Yujiro both in base and in Demon Back;

The fact Yujiro stated Doppo could have killed him had his punches gotten to his heart, which they got really close to;

The fact that, in the manga, Doppo cut both of Yujiro's wrists;

The fact that Doppo leaved clear dents on Yujiro's chest; Probably more.

I really think Doppo should scale to Yujiro.
Hey man, I've been Team Doppo the whole time, I was just stating what I think our reasonings are/were and a more knowledgable person who could tell you better about it.

BakiHanma18 said:
The problem with scaling the two is that Doppo and Yujiro are only shown to be even in the same realm in the manga, which from what I understand doesn't follow the same canon as the anime, and in the anime, it's implied by Doppo that the only times Yujiro was even remotely affected by Doppo is when he was acting
We just went over how the fights were practically the same in the manga and anime, but they removed the blood from Yujiro.

Anttron224 said:
Hey man, I've been Team Doppo the whole time, I was just stating what I think our reasonings are/were and a more knowledgable person who could tell you better about it.
I know, i just wanted to get it noted before Amlad22 eventually reads this all.

Just as an fyi, it's repeatedly stated that Doppo was far weaker and overall less powerful after his fight due to dying to the point of him needing to be rehabilitating by basically starting his training all over again. So it's not like it's going to snowball out into every ****** scaling to Yujiro.

Moreover, I'd consider the Manga to be > the anime in terms of accuracy, since it's the primary source.

Also, the anime not showing blood was more than likely just it pussing out, because that fight was really brutal for the point in the series it happened in.

@KG

It's already been addressed but to summarize for why Doppo got weaker. It's not just Sangan that he lost. He stated himself that he could no longer fight in his prime after the match with Yujiro, the fact that he died also ****** his body over and pushed him further out of his prime.

As for your points of Doppo scaling I'll give my responses here:

- Doppo parried every attack Yujiro threw his way with Sangan and once Yujiro went DB, Yujiro was toying with Doppo, purposefully attacking him in non lethal yet hella painful ways. Up until ofc the chest punch that killed him. Also I brought up above how Doppo does actually get hit by a direct attack from casual Base Yujiro and the attack had him paralyzed and nearly KO'd. If Yujiro had been serious that single attack would have likely killed Doppo on the spot.

- The fact that dozens of Doppo's punches did no damage to Yujiro disproves Yujiro's quote of a single punch being able to harm him.

- There's a reason the anime changed this. I've said before that if we go off of the manga the entire verse would be 7-C since Motobe and Kureha would also scale to Yujiro. It's just wildly inconsistent with how Yujiro is depicted post Grappler Baki.

- Said dents did zero damage. This one is pretty simple.

As I said I'm very against 7-C Doppo for all these reasons.

@HI3

This wouldn't be the case since there was lots of blood in this fight. If the anime removed ALL blood that would be different. But they only removed the damage delt to Yujiro, not Doppo.

Also to address some other things I've read.

Doppo's prime key scales above the current lightning calc as the lightning was so weak to Yujiro that it didn't even stop him from moving and did no damage where as Doppo showed he can stun Yujiro for a brief moment with his punches.

If a 7-C was to punch a 9-A with full force like Doppo punched Dorian, they would get vaporized. I mean look at Yujiro, even when holding back by a lot he could one shot Maximum Tourny Baki and Jack.

Lastly, for the nukes thing. You answered it yourself Ant, the countries felt the need to develop nukes when Yujiro was a 10-C little baby. They were preparing for what he would become in his prime. So a Yujiro from 10 years ago shouldn't scale to the current prime Yujiro that all the countries prepared for.

I'm not sure how we would scale it. He's weaker than his current self ofc but he's still much stronger than Doppo as shown when he casually two shots him.

Speed wise he was able to dodge bullets with ease and keep up with Oliva even in his teenager days so he'd probably get an At least Hypersonic rating.

That's a good question. We know that 16yo Yujiro could impress Oliva but had to run cause he couldn't match him yet. But when Yujiro is in his 20's like in the Doppo flashback he might be closer to Oliva. Possibly 7-C? At most 7-C? We could also scale him to base Baki during the start of SOO when Baki challenged Oliva in which he would have Low 7-C base stats and 7-C Demon Back.

Back