• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomura Shigaraki VS Mirio Togata (Lemillion)

• Fight Location: Jaku City
  • Starting Distance: 25m
  • Both in-character
  • Awakened Shigaraki
Shigaraki: 1 (@PapiSavitar5025)
Mirio: 7 (@King, @Baken384, @Popted2, @TheRustyOne, @CiscoTheSoto, @SuperStar, @Spinoirr)
Inconclusive: 1 (@FluffyCreatureZ)

8200060-4853293400-latest.png
Mirio_Togata_Hero_Costume_Anime.png

Last edited:
Shigaraki unfortunately stomps this one. The difference in stats is just way too big.
( Check the characters' statistics before creating a matchup)

This is a really interesting battle, both are practically equal in stats, it's just that shigaraki can win by touching mirio while mirio has answers to all shigaraki's moves, by just going intangible and avoiding any decay or shigakai's hands. Mirio might screw up due to fear manipulation, and shigaraki is also very mobile and hard to catch so I think this is an inconclusive as they are both equally likely to win.
Why doesn't this shigaraki key scale to redestro? He straight up stopped his full power attack easily, or is it because he made it decay?

I think I would give this one to Mirio.
Despite being similar in all the stats, Mirio has a skill advantage due to his analytical prediction which might give him the edge in this neck to neck competition. Although Shigaraki needs to touch Mirio only once but he is at a disadvantage here due to Mirio's permeation. On the other hand, Mirio can freely keep hitting Shigaraki.

Voting Mirio.

Actually, I think I'm switching my vote. I think Shigaraki may take this, as skilled, and experienced Mirio is.. I don't think he could take him down before something crude happens. Mirios' entire thing in going intangible, underground, then shooting back up to attack. But the thing is, all that needs to happen, is for a single pebble to touch him, and then he breaks away. As skilled as he is, I believe that he'll get decayed before he could fully take out Shigaraki. All it takes is a constant AoE on the area, and eventually, when Mirio shoots back up, since he can't properly see when jumping out, he'll get hit.

Actually, I think I'm switching my vote. I think Shigaraki may take this, as skilled, and experienced Mirio is.. I don't think he could take him down before something crude happens. Mirios' entire thing in going intangible, underground, then shooting back up to attack. But the thing is, all that needs to happen, is for a single pebble to touch him, and then he breaks away. As skilled as he is, I believe that he'll get decayed before he could fully take out Shigaraki. All it takes is a constant AoE on the area, and eventually, when Mirio shoots back up, since he can't properly see when jumping out, he'll get hit.
That whole thing about the pebble touching only really matters when they are inside of a building. The things Shigaraki's decay doesn't magically shoot upward and rain down. Shigaraki cannot lay down constant AOE, his best feat of decay is very small, didn't last long, and could even be avoided by jumping good (Which Mirio can do by launching himself out of the ground). His big AOE attack isn't something he can use without destroying his existing arm or messing up his other arm.

Mirio can still avoid that with his Permeation mode of travel, which should let him outpace the decay wave. Mirio is great at prediction situations, and one look at Shigaraki's Quirk spreading through objects is all he needs to know that could kill him. He isn't going to make himself tangible until he's in the air where it is safe, he'd also pop up where Shigaraki isn't decaying.

Shigaraki lacks the prediction or skills necessary to know where Mirio is going to pop up. And a single punch to the stomach is going to hurt a lot here. Since Mirio is 8.12 Tons while Shigaraki is almost 3X weaker, scaling above 2.7 Tons. I don't think Shigaraki is going to get the chance to use his city wide decay before Mirio takes him with his Permeation speed, strength, and skill advantage.

I'm voting for Mirio.

Have a problem with Shigaraki's speed as well, but that is for another thread.

Voting Mirio due to his Permeation ability which would allow him to avoid being touched and decayed by Tomura, his greater battle experience and analytical prediction skills, which would allow Mirio to keep pummeling Tomura with attacks until his stamina is worn out. Tomura could still catch Mirio off-guard and kill him with a single touch, but Mirio wouldn't be careless and let Tomura get an opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back