• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Leafy VS Anna: Leaves That Blossom

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Just recently revised 2 verses to get them to 4-A, so I may as well do a matchup between 2 characters from those verses. And it just so happens to be very thematic given how I’ve been thinking about this matchup in my head for weeks now (2 selfless, cheerful, and egotistic nature girls in green hailing from series that started on Flash).

Story: Leafy and Firey were out sailing in their boat sometime after BFB 30, as they proceeded to head towards Goldenbrick Resort to find somewhere to take a rest from their journey. However, the residents there happened to be scared of Firey due to his looks believing that he was about to burn the place down with his body. Conveniently, Anna happened to have been relaxing there in celebration of her victory against Godcat, and once she heard the panics from the people, she had to go deal with them as she readied her bow. Realizing that Anna is about to kill Firey, Leafy had to protect her friend, so she tells Firey to get away as she deals with Anna, and so the fight between the 2 egotistic nature girls begins.

Speed is equalized, both are 4-A (EBF4 Anna is used), and Leafy has access to all of her equipment, which means she also has access to her Leafy Recovery Center which is 100 meters away from her from behind the moment the battle starts. Battle takes place at Goldenbrick Resort, and both are 10 meters apart. Win by any means necessary.

Who wins?

Goiky’s Nicest Competitor:

Greenwood’s Cutest Ranger: 7 (James Plays 4 Games, Board3659, Ikelaggan, Peppersalt43, BEASTHEART880, Epiccheev, Mariogoods)

Both of them are burnt to the ground:

latest

Music

Last edited:
I don't know what is in character for Anna to do, but looking at what abilities are listed on her profile, it seems that she has important advantages. Leafy is reliant on her Recovery Center for resurrection, which Anna is capable of finding and destroying, while it seems like Anna is reliant on a player for resurrection, which Leafy can't destroy. Anna's profile states that she can nullify resurrection, meaning the Leafy Recovery Center might not even work. If it does work and Anna's resurrection negation isn't something that would be used or wouldn't negate external resurrection, then if Anna's fear manipulation or empathic manipulation are relevant, then she can make Leafy give up, circumventing the Recovery Center entirely. Anna has attacks with the fire element too, and those are super effective against Leafy. Yoyle metal transformation could be useful for Leafy in this regard, but there are many scenarios where that wouldn't be quick enough to save her, and I doubt that Leafy would opt to eat Yoyle food in a fight like this without having prior knowledge of the fire.

The only way Leafy could win is by removing Anna with a map teleport, but that's not how Leafy uses map teleportation. Plus, I think Leafy would stay at a distance, since she has more of an incentive to do so with the Emergency Button and a spaceship in her arsenal, which ultimately won't do anything useful when Anna can resurrect. Leafy staying at a distance would only put her in a position for Anna to use her archery skills. Theoretically it is possible for Leafy to realistically win due to far superior stamina and lifting strength, seemingly along with a skill advantage, so although it's unlikely for Leafy to use battlefield removal against Anna, it's not impossible. I'm voting the winner based on who is more likely to win though, and that is Anna, due to her resilient resurrection and her various very useful abilities that she could potentially use, that triumph over Leafy's advantages in the most likely scenarios.

Some things to point out here:
while it seems like Anna is reliant on a player for resurrection, which Leafy can't destroy.
Anna’s Immortality from the Player works by literally resetting the battle from the start after she dies. Leafy would still be able to win by a knockout/incapacitation given how in EBF5, Matt, Natalie, and NoLegs were one-shot by Lance, yet it didn’t trigger a game over like every other battle, rather it continued on with the story. We know a character actually dies in battle and is not simply knocked out since they mention themselves dying in some way.
Anna's profile states that she can nullify resurrection, meaning the Leafy Recovery Center might not even work.
That’s only auto-resurrection (self-resurrection) that Dispel nullifies. However, Leafy is resurrected from something external and not something casted on herself, so she should still be able to revive.
then if Anna's fear manipulation or empathic manipulation are relevant, then she can make Leafy give up
SBA means that a character isn’t willing to give up. She can however tire her out to the point of being unable to fight anymore to result an incapacitation, however Leafy is the one who has the higher stamina here since Anna has only been shown to fight for hours at most and Leafy could walk up a staircase for 16 days straight without stopping/tiring out.

Regardless, I’ll count your vote.

Thanks for clarifying, so now I can elaborate efficiently. Leafy would probably kill Anna instead of incapacitate her, since Leafy has a lot of attacks that one-shot comparable opponents. Knives and lasers are what come to my mind. This means the battle will reset in that case, but Anna or the player controling her will know what to look out for in subsequent battles. This strategy can be used so that Anna can easily locate the Leafy Recovery Center while already knowing its purpose in subsequent battles too.

Standard battle assumptions may have the characters unwilling to give up, but only by their own accord. If I'm properly imagining how Anna's fear manipulation and empathetic manipulation work, then those abilities would be forcing Leafy to give up on Anna's accord, making them usable. If they only make Leafy switch from willingly fighting to reluctantly fighting, at least it still messes with her in ways that can give Anna good attacking opportunities.

I think bumping doesn't work like it did before this external forum was being used. It stands for Bring Up My Post, making it visible at the top of the thread list, but here there's nowhere to make it brought up as far as I'm aware. The future is to directly message people who you think would be interested your thread about it. All you're doing by bumping is notifying me that you're still hoping for more people to participate in this thread.

I think bumping doesn't work like it did before this external forum was being used. It stands for Bring Up My Post, making it visible at the top of the thread list, but here there's nowhere to make it brought up as far as I'm aware. The future is to directly message people who you think would be interested your thread about it. All you're doing by bumping is notifying me that you're still hoping for more people to participate in this thread.
It's still used today, you know. Now stop derailing.

Locating the recovery center is one thing but destroying it would be difficult when leafy is also attacking. Plus even if destroyed, if Anna dies, doesn't the battle reset so the recovery center is still there?

Locating the recovery center is one thing but destroying it would be difficult when leafy is also attacking. Plus even if destroyed, if Anna dies, doesn't the battle reset so the recovery center is still there?
Yes, although Anna (or the Player controlling her) will get to know what Leafy is capable of this time so they would know what to watch out for when they redo the battle after dying.

Yes, although Anna (or the Player controlling her) will get to know what Leafy is capable of this time so they would know what to watch out for when they redo the battle after dying.
True though we need to see their win conditions since just knowing what your opponent does, while very useful, isn't the biggest thing

I heard she has a fire-based attack which leafy is weak to so maybe that can be it though if she kills leafy, she will be recover and use yoyle berries (unless the recover center is destroyed immediately after but idk how fast it recovers leafy)

True though we need to see their win conditions since just knowing what your opponent does, while very useful, isn't the biggest thing
Leafy’s winning conditions are anything outside of death since Anna has no way of dying due to the Player controlling her and Anna’s winning conditions are anything. Do note that Anna is capable of using the Scanbot to track Leafy’s stats, resistances, and weaknesses, with some parts of the descriptions even mentioning what she’s sustained by, so it’s possible for Anna to know she needs to destroy the Leafy Recovery Center, although she doesn’t know where it is.
I heard she has a fire-based attack which leafy is weak to so maybe that can be it though if she kills leafy, she will be recover and use yoyle berries (unless the recover center is destroyed immediately after but idk how fast it recovers leafy)
The Recovery Center recovers Leafy instantly after death. Plus, even if Leafy uses yoyle berries, Anna would be smart enough to know she is no longer weak to fire due to the Scanbot. She also does have some moves that inflict statuses that Leafy doesn’t resist such as poison and paralysis.

If the battle resets. leafy doesn't remember anything from what I can tell. anyway is there ways leafy can incapacitate Anna (after that I wonder how likley she will use them)

Leafy has physically attacked characters in the show without using weapons so she could potentially lead by trying to physically harm anna instead of using her knives and other stuff
Since Leafy has access to all of her equipment, I think she would use a laser, since she has the Emergency Button and a spaceship.

Wasn’t it that Leafy was using knives for long range throughout BFDIA/IDFB?

I don't think leafy really leds with Emergency Button (also I don't think she will immediately use a spaceship tbh) nor Hammer so IMO It will be either physical or Knifes her first moves. Later she might use spaceship and emergency button but I think she rarely used them compared to knives and physically attacking

yeah, she used that the most. Physically harming seems like the 2nd most common as she unintentionally did it with Balloony and did in BFB 27 (especially when emotional which she is when trying to defend her friend)

From what I’ve seen in the series, if she has access to equipment, she would start leading with those. Especially since Anna is a ranger, so Leafy wouldn’t be stupid enough to literally approach her up close to slap her. Though, Anna does lack any close-range moves since she relies on long range.

Yes, that is also an interpretation of how Leafy can fight, since she used knives in those cases when she didn't have all her optional equipment. Knives would one-shot like lasers would, since a long ranged knife throw from Pin was able to kill Puffball Speaker Box in one hit. (Leafy, of course, has shown better throwing capabilities than Pin.)
Edit: I don't mean exactly like lasers by the way. Lasers would one-shot more definitely, since they deconstruct targets.

Last edited:
From what I’ve seen in the series, if she has access to equipment, she would start leading with those. Especially since Anna is a ranger, so Leafy wouldn’t be stupid enough to literally approach her up close to slap her. Though, Anna does lack any close-range moves since she relies on long range.
the lack of close range could make it hard for her to get the the recovery center since leafy will likely know where she will be going to destroy it and do more close range attacks. Leafy also has stamina advantage so if she just kept defending the recovery center she would win eventually (depends if she hits Anna or not which is really vague as to when but I can't imagine early on)

Last edited:
Do note that Anna can also buff her stats up with various moves like Guardian which can boost her defense and magic defense by 70%, and evade (speed in the EBF series) by 35%, as well as some bows being capable of boosting her evade so she could dodge Leafy’s attacks easier which would render close range useless thus forcing her to use long ranged moves.

Though, your vote is counted.

didn't the announcer shoot several at spongy but he resisted them?. Would Anna be able to?
I don't remember that, but I know that Spongy can usually resist more damage thanks to him being malleable. If Anna's starry sky power is the same as what Leafy's is regarded to be as, then since she doesn't have the same body as Spongy, she probably won't resist Leafy's knives. Keep in mind, that Leafy's knife throwing is danmaku, so they aren't easy to dodge.
the lack of close range could make it hard for her to get the the recovery center since leafy will likely know where she will be going to destroy it and do more close range attacks
It was never really established where the location of the Leafy Recovery Center is. The original post states that Leafy has access to all of her equipment, but her Recovery Center is destroyed at the point in the timeline this battle takes place in, after BFB when Firey and Leafy went away on a boat. I assumed the Recovery Center is just inexplicably back in a way that's relevant to this battle, somewhere out of the way, maybe behind a tree or something like that. It may take a few resets for Anna to get all the information she needs, but since Leafy will have the same plan of attack every time, I think that Anna would eventually simply know where the Recovery Center is, see right through Leafy's attacks, destroy the Recovery Center, and then burn Leafy. I don't know exactly how Anna's fear manipulation and empathic manipulation work, nor if she would use it, but her having those abilities to potentially weaken Leafy's mindset is another reason why I think Anna would win.

Do note that Anna can also buff her stats up with various moves like Guardian which can boost her defense and magic defense by 70%, and evade (speed in the EBF series) by 35%, as well as some bows being capable of boosting her evade so she could dodge Leafy’s attacks easier which would render close range useless thus forcing her to use long ranged moves.

Though, your vote is counted.
Would she have time to even buff the stats when leafy is throwing knives which aren't easy to dodge as stated above?

Back