• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Kai Chisaki vs S2 Azula

Also, didn't Azula have help from two Dai Li agents against Aang and Toph? Those two literally kept Toph out of the fight the whole time, how can you say that was a 1v3?

Cool, she countered a very obvious forward moving attack that didn't form instantly and came from one direction.

How does that translate to her being able to react to dozens of spikes insta forming all around her.

The Dai Li were dispatched immediately. She was 1v3ing them for 10 minutes while they barely touched her, only once I think, and she didn't have any bending due to the solar eclipse.

They were not dispatched immediately, wdym? They were key to Azula surviving the entire encounter long enough to stall for her bending to come back. They actively helped her by distracting Toph and Aang, pushed her up through a hole they made in the giant wall, which they ALSO made TWICE to block the Gaang, so she could run, and blocked Aang and Toph from ever getting the chance to use earth bending on her to restrain her. Once they were taken out, Toph restrained Azula easily.

The Dai Li carried Azula through that entire encounter, you're blatantly wrong about her being fine on her own. She called the Dai Li the INSTANT team Avatar was ready to fight her, don't spread false information and say they only showed up while she was 1v3ing them already.

They broke Azula out of her Earth bindings from Toph, made a giant earth wall to block Aang's attack, attacksd Aang, attacked Toph, made ANOTHER giant earth wall to block Aang, helped Azula into the hole Toph made in their earth wall, and blocked off her escape route when she got away. Azula did nothing but dodge 3 attacks from running away, she would have gotten stomped by Toph and Aang if the Dai Li weren't there.

1D0ACDC5-70C5-4808-9F40-DEB32BDECAEB
8B15D74B-8C0D-4375-B998-88608872D225
C9D8ED0C-F85C-4D7C-A553-A9ADF0D26266
22ECF562-79D3-47F4-949E-D5B2F04D9BB3
A1332C36-73CA-42BC-A940-1BC5FB462B64
29B19A5E-27E7-4F18-9956-DD5C756DBE26
5B700C23-1CBD-400C-8EB1-70248CAC27C4
4798A7DE-525B-4952-9EA3-BD5151014BD7
39B6A964-750D-4AED-9B11-26C5FAAE869D
C373D1DB-23EF-41F6-9DA0-AB63DBD09F9F

Did you even watch the fight?

>carried by Dai Li

Literally all they did was occupy Toph for a second and gave her a little boost. And you conveniently forgot to mention she was kiting Aang alone the entire time.

And I like how you included the part where she was encased in a wall, but she intentionally let Toph do that.....

I did watch the fight. Dai Li carried her. They blocked several attacks, made Sokka completely worthless, occupied Toph so much she couldn't do anything other than a single direct earth wave once, blocked Aang, helped Azula through the wall, and cut off her escape route. The Gaang literally could not get to Azula without the Dai Li interfering.

Toph was made completely irrelevant thanks to the Dai Li. She used one attack against Azula, then went on to 1v1 a Dai Li agent. She was not occupied for a "second," that is a blatant lie. She couldn't do anything until the Dai Li agent she was facing was beaten, and it's because of that agent Azula didn't get stopped by Toph.

Back to the actual fight, and to put it into perspective, let's say a person is capable of dodging bullets. They know what guns are, they know what motions are made to shoot guns, and they are perfectly capable of dodging the bullet before it reaches them from the gun.

Now put that person against a person with a gun that actually shoots bullets instantaneously. The motion to shoot a gun is performed, but instead of there being any travel time, the bullet is now just imbed into the other person's skull.

Multiply that by dozens of bullets coming from everywhere, but there is still only the one gun shooting motion. That is the situation Azula is in right now.

The spikes aren't literally instant, but the forming time for them might as well be. It isn't a "the earth breaks, forms into spikes then those spikes go to a point". That is earth bending, which Azula is used to. Chisaki's power goes "the ground breaks, spikes are now where you were standing." There is almost zero downtime from when the earth breaks and the spikes reform themselves. Only people that can outright blitz Overhaul can see and take advantage of the incredibly small timing in between the destruction and reformation process.

>Dai Li carried her again

No. No, they didn't. They literally only did one wall that blocked an air slash from Aang, another wall that Aang broke through, aka literally useless, and two walls on Toph. That's it.

And against the person that surprises her, she will do the same thing she did vs Aang in their fight when he surprised her, think quick and recover. As she always does.

And those bullets are useless, because she can either destroy them, tank them, dodge them and apply pressure to the attacker at the same time. Because of her huge AoE with the flames. And she can cover herself in an aura of flame as well.

I don't think you can apply scaling like that. I'm not mistaking this for the one shot needing 7.5X AP to happen rule, I just remember there being a case where despite in verse RWBY characters being able to oneshot being one ton beings while only having a 2-3X AP advantage, they still weren't allowed to oneshot one ton characters in vs matches. I'll try finding the match.

?????? I think my analogy just went completely over your head. The bullets represent Earthbending, the person holding the normal gun is a normal earthbender, the person capable of dodging the bullets is Azula, the person with the instantaneous bullets is Overhaul, and the instantaneous bullets are his spikes.

Azula will know Overhaul is going to do something when he reaches for the ground, and to her eyes, when the ground is destroyed, she'll think "earthbending," and prepare herself to dodge an attack coming from Overhaul. She will instead be near instantly bombarded by dozens of spikes at the same time from every direction OTHER than from Overhaul. Her fire will not come out fast enough to protect her by destroying the spikes, which wouldn't help her from the spikes already piercing her from above and below where she's able to create fire anyway, and she will die.

If Azula starts the match with fire bending, Overhaul insta kills her since she'll be too busy creating her attack to react to the spikes killing her. Overhaul touching the ground is faster than Azula posing to shoot fire, then said fire traveling from her to Overhaul.

She cannot Tank being stabbed. In fact, the AP/Dura difference is no where near high enough for her to tank anything from Overhaul. He hits her with a spike, she is getting stabbed.

Show me Azula covering herself with flames to counter attacks from all around her right now.

> I think my analogy just went completely over your head

Not really it was just really bad and incorrect.

...Nice fanfic I guess? But completely wrong. Earthbending doesn't have to come from the user, and even when Toph caught her off guard completely not knowing she was even there, by bending under her feet she reacted, albeit slightly, but she did.

If she starts firebending first he and his earth are going to get destroyed.

Here you go.

@DragonEmperor23 It is you and @Kingofwolves999 that claim she will get one shotted when she has the dura and AP advantage. Not the other way around......

By the way. You keep claiming that he starts with the earthspikes every single time instantly without a second of hesitation.

Well I just watched his fight vs the League of Villains and he let himself get hit. And didn't start with that, at all.

Would you mind linking a couple of fights where he "always starts with earthspikes without a second of hesitation instantly" with the chapter number?

Thanks.

@Og

I was saying he'd be able to damage her with his spikes. You're saying that she would smash through his walls like paper and oneshot him. He's also only had one fight shown on screen, starting in chapter 151.

@King

I vote for Chisaki for the reasons me and wolves said above.

That wasn't a fanfic, it was an analogy. Just because you didn't understand it doesn't mean you get to insult it, try actually thinking about what I'm saying instead of disregarding it.

Toph shot out a wave of rocks at Azula. That is it. And Azula barely reacted to it traveling towards her. That feat does not help her in a case where one instant rocks are floating up around her, the next there are dozens of spikes embedded through her face and body.

"Toph caught her off guard completely"

> she had literally just been captured by Toph, seen Toph bust through the wall the Dai Li agents made to protect her, and block attacks from the Dai Li agents before attacking her. "Off guard Azula" is not a thing when she was ready to run away from the Gaang the moment they came through the door.

If she fire bends first, Chisaki stabs her and raises a wall to block most of the flames at the same time. Her attacking first is a death sentence. She will not hit Overhaul before he stabs her.

She doesn't get one shot, she gets skewered by several spikes near instantly forming right next to her. That's not technically a one shot as it is she has no resistance to being stabbed. She barely has the advantage in either of those stats, so she can't tank any hits whatsoever.

Ogbunabali said:
By the way. You keep claiming that he starts with the earthspikes every single time instantly without a second of hesitation.

Well I just watched his fight vs the League of Villains and he let himself get hit. And didn't start with that, at all.

Would you mind linking a couple of fights where he "always starts with earthspikes without a second of hesitation instantly" with the chapter number?

Thanks.
So now you're taking things out of context? Ridiculous. He wasn't going to fight the league at all, he was going to subjugate them under his rule. That was never a fight at all, it was him flexing on them. When he fights Mirio is an actual fight, and he starts with the earth manipulation. When Deku comes though the wall, he starts with stabbing everything. When Deku tries to rescue Eri after people come crashing through the ceiling, he stabs with spikes.

You want chapter numbers?

151, 153, 154, 155, 157. In every single one of these chapters, the only chapters where he has ever fought seriously, Overhaul, when at a distance, and even when in melee range, will skewer people with spikes. Idk what you think you were trying to pull with that out of context League of Villains nonsense where he didn't go there to fight or use his quirk seriously at all.

The League of Villains encounter wasn't a fight. I'll explain the context. He came to their base to ask them to join him, and then killed the member that attacked him. He didn't want to kill any of them and let Shigaraki have some concessions for what happened later.

@DragonEmperor23 If you actually read the thread. I was saying the opposite. You and @Kingofwolves999 keep claiming she would be one shotted by one small rock that might hit her. I said that Azula has one shotted walls of rocks consistently by characters stronger than him.

@Kingofwolves999 It is still a bad analogy.

What are you even talking about? I was talking about a different scenario...

If she bends first he's going down and has to recover.

Except they are multiple issues wrong with that. First of all no, they're not instant, they form from the ground. Second of all, she can dodge them. And third of all her attacks are on him destroy his attacks by virtue of being much higher aoe, and higher AP, and destroying the same thing by characters stronger than him.

So your argument of him starting instantly without a second of hesitation always, is only one fight in which he doesn't start instantly and where the spikes actually don't appear instantly and instead spread from his position like a quake that later form as spikes at the location at the opponent.

Right.

If she bends first he stabs her or makes a wall. Azula has not broken a single earth wall so badly she one shots the character behind it. Chisaki with the mind set of fighting goes to stab people. That is his character. And if he makes a wall, he will not be damaged enough to need to heal, and will instantly retaliate with spikes if he hasn't already.

He deconstructs the ground, then the ground near instantly forms into spikes when he tells it to. That is how his quirk works. Deconstructing and reconstructing things he touches near instantly. If he touches the ground, Azula is going to be skewered by spikes moments after.

Now you're just showing you don't understand a thing about Overhaul or how his ability works.

Those are not waves of earth moving to transform into spikes. That is the ground being disassembled by the first part of his quirk. Overhaul disassembled the ground, then the very next panel, it has reformed into the shape he wanted it to become. His quirk does not spread like a quake.

The first relevant panel you showed where the ground is broken up is te first part of Overhaul's quirk, the disassembly. The second part, the reassembly, does not occur until the large panel in the second image, POSSIBLY the small panel before it. Overhaul's reformation speed catches Mirio almost off guard, and he has to permeate through it instead of dodge, barely keeping Eri out of harms way. The reformation speed is almost instant, it does not move like how an earthbender technique goes from point A to point B.

The only things you could say move are the particles from the disassembled ground, and even then that's irrelevant as he immediately reforms them after he disassembles something.

That wouldn't make any sense. That would mean Azula > People's Walls = People comparable to Azula = Azula. Either their walls are much weaker than they are or it's circular scaling.

I don't see how you could take that out of context like that. The two of them are clearly talking to each other before the fight started and conversations before battle don't happen with SBA. And you're describing the attack incorrectly. Chisaki turned the ground into dust and then the dust around Mirio turned into spikes. You can even see that in the last scan you posted. Plus, the ground turns into dust nigh instantly, you even have Mirio in the same scan you linked commenting on how fast the attack was.

...You were the one that said they were comparable to her.

"She consistently one shots walls from comparable characters. And this guy is weaker than them."

Okay, and here's examples of them not being able to dodge it. Deku got impaled in both legs, Mirio got impaled through the chest and the legs in the other post you posted with scans, and Nighteye got impaled in several areas. I'm not sure why you're bringing up speed when it's equalized but these characters are comparable in speed to Chisaki and all got impaled.

Deku didn't nosell that, it didn't even touch him. Chisaki used the flat part of the stone to knock Eri (the little girl) away before Deku could reach her.

You're taking a lot of these scans out of context/saying something is happening that isn't happening in them.

1) Overhaul is lying on the ground with a broken arm, several bruises, all his plans in ruin and a gang of heroes about to destroy his everything he's worked for while almost screaming and crying. He wasn't aiming at anything, and him becoming more and more unhinged as the fight went on was literally one of the defining moments of his character.

2) 20% Deku is so fast he blitzes Overhaul. Chisaki can't even perceive Deku at 20%, if Azula was speed equaled to overhaul and went against 20% unequal she would get blitzed.

3) He didn't no sell that attack, why do you think he's bleeding? He got slashed across his head. If he got stabbed directly he would have died, and said as much when he tried to fight Overhaul at 8% before.

4) Deku at 100% being slower than Overhaul is ridiculous. He's kicking at max power and instantly disappears from Overhaul's perception, you're intentionally ignoring context.

@DragonEmperor23 Sigh

They share the same calc. Do I really need to spell it out word for word?

Oh yeah, the examples where you're ignoring context. The guy was already down and couldn't move when he got impaled.

@Kingofwolves999 Well ignoring all the other things you blatantly lied about.

1) Don't even know what this is referring to.

2) That wasn't 20%.

3) He got a slight cut. But ok, if you want to say that a character that didn't expect that attack that's inferior to Azula in every way could dodge an attack like that. Fine with me. Azula dodges.

>Nearly died >didn't die

Ok, Azula tanks.

>Deku's shoes have Low 7-C durability

Don't see that anywhere on his profile. Feel free to make a CRT.

Dude, you're saying that Azula is simultaneously comparable to people and that she oneshots them at the same time. That has nothing to do with the calc, that's your logic being erroneous.

Why do you think he's on the ground? Because he got impaled. Deku activates 20% at the end of chapter 154. In 155, he goes in for the attack and gets stabbed. I have literally just described what happened in the panels. I am not the one saying he layed down and let himself get impaled.

I have not lied about a single thing. Overhaul's recreation speed is ridiculously fast and hard to dodge, if he goes for large spike formations concentrated on a single point, he will kill Azula.

1) it is in reference to you saying the "fodder" dodged his spikes in the first image. They didn't, he wasn't aiming for them at all.

2) Yes, that is 20% Deku, he went 20% the instant he saw Sir Nighteye get injured. That's why Overhaul notes he's stronger than before when he breaks the ground.

3) He didn't dodge that attack, he got clipped by it. Overhaul was far more concerned with getting Eri and leaving than he was in killing Deku, something you would know if you didn't just post out of context scans.

> nearly died and was only saved by his plot armor =/= Azula tanks

His shoes durability should be on his profile already as they withstood several attacks from Deku at 100%. If not I'll get the CRT ready.

@DragonEmperor23 I really do have to spell it out word for word, don't I?

Person X gets hit and tanks a certain calc. Person Y, B and A, fight person X individually and trade blows. The certain calc is > Kai. Person N comes in and tanks the attacks from the other persons, and has higher AP then them.

>They are comparable

Yes..... yes they are. They all share the same calc, except one of them is just upscaled more so then the other ones....

This is literally powerscaling 101. Read this page since you seem to be having a very difficult time comprehending this.

And let's forget about the context of them trying to protect other people, which lead them in that situation. And about all the other times I posted where they were dodging the attacks when they didn't have anything else to worry about.

@Kingofwolves999

1) That wasn't the only time the spikes were dodged. And yes he was? He was literally focused on the fight to the point where he made a subtle move that healed Chrono and proceeded to yell "All your efforts are worthless as he directly attacked them.

2) He literally amped to 20% after that scene.

3) An attack that caught Deku complete by surprised and aimed directly at him which barely grazed him. He either tanked it, or he dodged it. Both scenarios debunk your argument.

They aren't. Please do.

Azula should be more skilled, can kind of fly and is more agile, has more raw power and a better defense, is more versatile and should be smarter. I will vote for her.

azulas defense and dura dont really matter overhaul bypasses dura, speed is equalized, i think thier intelligence is atleast similar, and how is she more versatile?

Azula doesn't even have better dura to begin with. In s2 she's 3.3 tons. Overhaul is 3.19 tons. The difference doesn't even exist

Hmm Azula definitely wins this, except we somehow reduce her(normally much higher)reaction and movement speed below Chisaki's attack speed(which would be a ridiculous abuse of the eqalizing speed concept). She was even in book 2 already ridiculously agile, acrobatic and on point with a pretty long range and quite big scale if she wants to, so he is not going to get her with Overhaul before she gets him with various of her attacks.

@Hykardion if she hits him what's to stop him from healing himself, she also won't be expecting multiple spikes coming from all around her. He reaction and combat speed are on par with his and with his prediction he can tag people who can blitz him.

Back