• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Base Post-Flashpoint Batman vs 20% Izuku Midoriya

But this is the present.

anyways yeah, there's no reason to close this. Would you prefer the match get immediately remade or have it go straight to the removal thread, accomplishing the exact same thing except more tedious? The votes were found to be invalid, and as such they don't count.

Grace was finished before you guys changed the results of the thread. Therefore, it's not in grace...it's concluded.

Please cite the seven votes.

This is also a really weird thing to rail for, considering that we can just remake the match or immediately have it removed anyways. There is literally no point in trying to rush this to a close when it's not gonna stay on the files anyways.

Also, doubt was cast literally two minutes after grace ends. It is quite blatant that you're just bothering by the book to try and add a win, please don't do that. As the staff who enforce the rules, we are also able to make actual decisions about cases not 100% covered to avert such silly scenarios as what you seem to want, where the same end result happens except far less efficiently.

If you don't like it I guess you can report me for not closing a thread 2 minites after grace, but i don;t think that's gonna go so well for you.

Before you ruined grace...

Mickey, Boogie, Emporer, Arsenal, Therefir, CCMac, Rusty.

Then grace finished, the match was added to Deku and requested for Bats. Then some people had the audacity to change a match that was already decided.

To a match that should've been closed, but due to Wokistan and MKON's unwillingness, we're here right now.

And we have now learnt that the reasoning was wrong and it shouldn't be added. Most threads don't get closed despite being finished (not for a while at least) so what is the point in being stubborn about this and trying to make more work for others?

Since this isn't going anywhere as it is, let me bring up something that was overlooked due to very few people actually having knowledge on Batman...

Taking away Batman's items (which is a suspect move to begin with) doesn't take away all of his versatility. In particular, he has an automatic taser inside of his Batsuit that defends him while unconscious, and also has tasers built into the fingertips of his gauntlets which allow him to stun and knock out foes just by touching them if he needs to. He's used the latter several times, so I'd say they're very much in-character for him to use in a fight, especially against a metahuman who's shrugging off his attacks.

The only way he wouldn't have these would be if you were to actively restrict him from having his standard Batsuit at all, which would be the equivalent of having a match where a sorcerer has his magic spells restricted. (In other words, we wouldn't be able to add it.)

Yes, it does, but it's not something that would apply to a normal fight. It's meant to be a contingency he has against having his identity exposed, and only activates when someone other than him tries to remove his cowl.

Wouldn't it be better to wait until Deku is actually able to use his 20%? Because in his current state, he can't use his 20% for more than a single kick, and even if he was under the effects of adrenaline, his movements are so predictable that people who can't even perceive him can dodge his attacks, and they certainly don't have Batman's combat skills or speed, not to mention that in this state Deku has far less stamina and constantly damages himself because his durability is not increased.

For all these reasons I think this battle is not fair at all.

Therefir said:
Wouldn't it be better to wait until Deku is actually able to use his 20%? Because in his current state, he can't use his 20% for more than a single kick, and even if he was under the effects of adrenaline, his movements are so predictable that people who can't even perceive him can dodge his attacks, and they certainly don't have Batman's combat skills or speed, not to mention that Deku has far less stamina and suffers constantly from pain because his durability doesn't increase.
For all these reasons I think this battle is not fair at all.
If this is the truth, then yeah, this match would be severely lopsided in Batman's favor. Not just because of the miles of combat experience Bruce has, but also because of the Batsuit's tasers I mentioned earlier.

I feel like this is just a mismatch.

Basically

Deku wins if he gets 1 hit in, crippling Bats just enough for Deku to follow with a few more hits to take Bats out, since his AP advantage is just that high

Bats wins if he outlasts Deku enough for 20% to wear off

For me, I don't see Bats's skill being enough to dodge literally everything Izuku throws at him, considering that Deku can just stomp the ground and fill Bats with shrapnel, or just the force of his hits to deal damage

Still voting Deku

Pretty sure 1 hit won't be enough to cripple Batman, assuming that he even lands it. And considering Batman outskilling way too hard and has way too much experience over Midoriya, I doubt Deku will get even 1 hit on Bruce.

Ogbunabali said:
Pretty sure 1 hit won't be enough to cripple Batman, assuming that he even lands it. And considering Batman outskilling way too hard and has way too much experience over Midoriya, I doubt Deku will get even 1 hit on Bruce.
"Cripple" not being shattering bones, but instead limiting Bats's movements in some way

If the average martial artist took a hit from someone a few times stronger than them, then I don't think they would move as fast as they did before taking the hit

If Bats takes a hit, then Izuku could lead with more hits, which would be harder for Bats to dodge due to his previous injury, which would lead to Izuku's win

In terms of AP, Bats is 1.8 tons, while Izuku can one shot someone (Chisaki) who can overwhelm someone (Nighteye) who has a student (Togata) who can one shot people (1A) who are comparable to someone (Bakugou) who is 1.28 tons

So Izuku should have quite a large AP advantage, and since he can abuse shockwaves and other mid-to-long range moves unlike Bats, he should be able to land a hit somehow.

Chances of him landing a hit are way too slim. And Batman has insane pain tolerance he won't lose because of one hit.

Ogbunabali said:
Chances of him landing a hit are way too slim. And Batman has insane pain tolerance he won't lose because of one hit.
Options for Izuku to land a hit:

1. Punch him

2. Kick him

3. Smash the ground and trip Bats up

4. Smash the ground and pelt him with stone

5. Finger-flick

There are probably so many more

As for pain tolerance, how effective is it?

Wokistan, now should it be closed? After all, you're the one that said it was a mismatch.

Mickey1940 said:
Or knocks him out with the tasers built into his gauntlets, like I mentioned before.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Mickey1940 said:
Or knocks him out with the tasers built into his gauntlets, like I mentioned before.
Both Bats and Deku are basically naked with no equipment at all

read the rules

I did. Read my response from before.
MrKingOfNegativity said:
Taking away Batman's items (which is a suspect move to begin with) doesn't take away all of his versatility. In particular, he has an automatic taser inside of his Batsuit that defends him while unconscious, and also has tasers built into the fingertips of his gauntlets which allow him to stun and knock out foes just by touching them if he needs to. He's used the latter several times, so I'd say they're very much in-character for him to use in a fight, especially against a metahuman who's shrugging off his attacks.

The only way he wouldn't have these would be if you were to actively restrict him from having his standard Batsuit at all, which would be the equivalent of having a match where a sorcerer has his magic spells restricted. (In other words, we wouldn't be able to add it.)

As I said before, Chisaki, someone who couldn't even percieve Izuku's movements, was able to easily predict and dodge his attacks, now in this match where speed was equalized, Izuku is against someone who I suppose is much more skilled than Chisaki, and Izuku is not under the effects of adrenaline which is what allowed him to use 20% against Chisaki in the first place.

@Mickey1940

1. Punch him - If he can land a hit with 20% (Keep in mind he only has limited attempt)

2. Kick him - Same as 1

3. Smash the ground and trip Bats up - 1 meter range. I doubt it would work without lowering his defense.

4. Smash the ground and pelt him with stone - Same as 3

5. Finger-flick - If 100% is allowed (Which I doubt it is), then this would likely give him more range for 3 and 4 to work. But I don't think a 20% finger flick would be any more effective than a normal punch would.

He can land a hit, but how many hits would he take before landing one? He can only have so many attempt with 20% before getting in the risk of injuring himself in the process.

Also, he can't casually one shot Chisaki, he THINKS he can knock him out if he strike his head. Like how you can knock out a person by striking their chin, it's completely different than being able to one shot someone.

Back