• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Base Post-Flashpoint Batman vs 20% Izuku Midoriya

KingEzran

He/Him
What's good, ya'll? Another versus thread. Let's get into the details.

-Speed Equalized

-No items

-Both in Character

-Starting range: 1 meter

-Win via KO

Votes:

Deku: 4

Batman: 8

Inconclusive: 0

If win via KO, Izuku 20% is mathematically 2.5 times stronger, faster, and more durable than 8% Deku, who lost to Bakugo, who scales to a 1.28 tons of TNT calc

Batman scales to a 1.7 tons of TNT calc for his durability

Izuku should win via AP, durability, and range, but stamina would be an issue

Batman definitely out skill Deku by a mile, smarter and much is more versitile, so I'd vote for Batman.

He is seen to be able to fight Deathstroke to a stalemate few times purely with his superior skill eventhough Deathstroke is supposedly few times stronger than him and has a faster processing brain. His has at least 42 years fighting experience cus he went to a dimension where he fought non-stop hordes of mystic creatures for 37 years at least once. (It is implied that he would go back there once in a while).

Well I want to avoid the FRA for now so I'll think about this one before making a research.

Momolilya said:
Batman definitely out skill Deku by a mile, smarter and much is more versitile, so I'd vote for Batman.
He is seen to be able to fight Deathstroke to a stalemate few times purely with his superior skill eventhough Deathstroke is supposedly few times stronger than him and has a faster processing brain. His has at least 42 years fighting experience cus he went to a dimension where he fought non-stop hordes of mystic creatures for 37 years at least once. (It is implied that he would go back there once in a while).
Deathstroke is still 8C

Deku is High 8C

That much of a gap isn't going to help Bats here. Plus Deku isn't stupid. If he doesn't have the advantage in close quarters, there's nothing stopping him from shockwave-camping Batman

Athough he doesn't have the AP to one-shot, he can still take him out in a few hits. Batman, on the other hand, will need to whittle him down over time, giving him a disadvantage.

Mickey1940 said:
Momolilya said:
Deathstroke is still 8C
Deku is High 8C

That much of a gap isn't going to help Bats here. Plus Deku isn't stupid. If he doesn't have the advantage in close quarters, there's nothing stopping him from shockwave-camping Batman

Athough he doesn't have the AP to one-shot, he can still take him out in a few hits. Batman, on the other hand, will need to whittle him down over time, giving him a disadvantage.
Deathstroke is at least 8C, and I doubt he can shockwave camp with 1m of starting range, that is if we assume they know each other's power. If they don't, I also don't see an in character Deku starts a fight with a shockwave blast without knowing the opponent's power.

i never said start a fight with shockwave camp, i said that Deku is smart enough to eventually resort to it

Also, Bats without items is literally an 8C martial artist, which Deku shouldn't have much of a problem dealing with, despite his lack of experience

He isn't just a martial artist. That downplays Batman's skill by a lot which nobody in MHA can even compare in terms of skill.

Deku'd snipe with range game, but Batman can, IDK, dodge since speed is equal. 20% puts a charge on Deku's body so Batman'd need to play safe until Deku starts losing energy from that and then he gets close and rekts the boi with CQC.

I'm not trying to undermine Batman's skill at all. I'm saying that I don't think the skill edge is enough to take down Deku. I'm pretty sure Deku's quite large AP advantage will allow him to take him out despite the skill gap

Without prep Bats isn't going to know how much stronger Deku is than himself. If Bats blocks an attack, said attack will still hurt him a LOT. Unless he chooses to dodge literally everything Deku throws at him, he's going to have a disadvantage in CQC. Martial arts can only take you so far against someone over twice as powerful and durable than you are

Then again, if bats plays it safe, he can definetely win. Although I doubt Deku will fail to land even one hit on him.

Deku is 2.5x stronger at best and that can help him a while, but then the toll the 20% puts on his body will act.

Batman's skill is leagues above Deku and even his advantage won't save him from being dominated. The same happens with Bane, who's stronger than Batman and still he has plenty of options to take him down.

Calaca Vs said:
Deku is 2.5x stronger at best and that can help him a while, but then the toll the 20% puts on his body will act.
Batman's skill is leagues above Deku and even his advantage won't save him from being dominated. The same happens with Bane, who's stronger than Batman and still he has plenty of options to take him down.
Deku should be able to take Bats out with like a single digit number of kicks with that AP

Plus this is speed equalized. Bane is slower than Bats, and his physique/size + fighting style gives him even more of a disadvantage. Bane is not a good example in this situation

Plus do Deku's Iron Soles count as items? cause that's just part of his hero outfit. Unless we're taking full on naked brawling.

Speed equalized means that Batman's skill comes into play. He knows every single Martial Art. I bet he'd rekt Izuku without being touched once. He's a brawler after all.

Calaca Vs said:
Speed equalized means that Batman's skill comes into play. He knows every single Martial Art. I bet he'd rekt Izuku without being touched once. He's a brawler after all.
Deku isn't just a brawler. He has been noted by many people in his verse to have extraordinary strategy and intelligence. Look on his page for "Intelligence"

Although he's pretty far below Bats in terms of skill, Izuku's no slouch when it comes to fighting. He's bound to get at least 1 hit in, and this is further backeIzuku Midoriya d up by the fact that Izuku's attacks in 20% have AOE when it hits the ground. If Izuku gets 1 hit in, hos AP should allow him to cause severe damage to Bats, enough for many more openings. Then, Izuku should be able to pull a win from there.

Basically Izuku needs to land a hit before his 20% runs out, and Bats needs to survive until then. In my opinion, the former is far more likely to happen. Although neither are easy to do at all

Lol, Should I have done 20%? He one-punches. Should I have done 8% Deku? Then there APs are more similar. Deku just AP Stomps.

No matter how intelligent a brawler is. His fighting style is still that of a brawler. More versatile than the average, yes, but nowhere near as skilled and talented as a true Martial artist. And we're talking about GODDAMN BATMAN, the guy who has mastered every single martial art (at least Post Crisis, dunno about Post FP). Deku is fodder in both skill and intelligence when compared to Batman no matter the version.

A 2.5x difference won't provide victory with just one hit in unless it's made in some vital spot. With the obscene skill difference that is not going to happen in CQC and neither Deku or Batman can exploit the battlefield with great effectiveness considering the setting OP gives.

I'm also not sure if restricting Batman's gadgets will let this be added. Those aren't part of a different tier by themselves like Bond's so this is the same as restricting some abilities. Like restricting ice to Todoroki just because.

AnonymousBlank said:
Not really. 2.5 is a decent AP difference but Bats still outskills by a large margin. Voting Bats
I'm not sure where this 2.5 difference comes from, but 20% Deku can one-shot characters stronger than Batman.

Back