• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mythical scaling will be hell to quantify, specially when they have most of the time zero feats/statements
Best thing we can do is slap a “At most low 7-B” to the ones that are featless, and maybe use the moment in the game where you can obtain some of them
For example, Celebi in the Crystal VC which you can only get after beating Lance

while the Legendary Birds and other featless Legendaries and Mythicals should scale to 1/3rd of that in absence of actual feats.
Yeah… no. The birds scaling to 1/3 of Lugia is anime-only, so that doesn’t apply to the games, and we can’t just scale featless legends and mythicals to the birds for no reason.

So... what do they scale to? Fully evolved regulars?
That’s what we need to figure out. I’ve heard that Moltres has a 6-C calc, but I don’t know where that is, and that’d give something for the Legendary Birds (and presumably the Legendary Beasts) to scale to.

As for the featless legends/mythicals… yeah, we need to figure that out.

That’s what we need to figure out. I’ve heard that Moltres has a 6-C calc, but I don’t know where that is, and that’d give something for the Legendary Birds (and presumably the Legendary Beasts) to scale to.

As for the featless legends/mythicals… yeah, we need to figure that out.
We could scale featless legends/mythicals to normal Pokémon such as Charizard or maybe even Tyranitar. As they should be too much weaker then non-legendary Pokémon.

Why though?
I think that's because of how they're considered more important compared to the regular mon but lack the feats/statements other Legendaries and Mythical Pokémon have.

Also speaking of featless Legendaries and Mythical Pokémon, I assume thanks to Legends Arceus that all the legendaries and Mythical Pokémon in there (Manaphy, Shaymin, Weather Genie Trio, ect.) will scale to Fully evolved mons, yes? And another thing, what should we do for the Legendaries and Mythicals that appear in the Post-Game? Do we scale them to the Creation Trio and the Lake Trio or should consider them outliers?

Weren't there some promising Pokédex entries for Dynamax mons?

Copperajah:
SwordSo much power is packed within its trunk that if it were to unleash that power, the resulting blast could level mountains and change the landscape.

Drednaw:
ShieldIn the Galar region, there's a tale about this Pokémon chewing up a mountain and using the rubble to stop a flood.

Rillaboom:
ShieldRillaboom has become one with its forest of drums and continues to lay down beats that shake all of Galar.

That said without the anime, is there anything in the games that states or implies Mega Evolution/Z-moves ~= Dynamax?

Copperajah:
SwordSo much power is packed within its trunk that if it were to unleash that power, the resulting blast could level mountains and change the landscape.
This was calced at High 7-C

Drednaw:
ShieldIn the Galar region, there's a tale about this Pokémon chewing up a mountain and using the rubble to stop a flood.
Sounds like an overtime feat

Rillaboom:
ShieldRillaboom has become one with its forest of drums and continues to lay down beats that shake all of Galar.
That's 7-A

Weren't there some promising Pokédex entries for Dynamax mons?

That said without the anime, is there anything in the games that states or implies Mega Evolution/Z-moves ~= Dynamax?
Nope, not really, there's Centiskorch and Coalossal's temperatures being higher but since regular fully-evolved mons are being bumped up to 6-C there aren't any feats that matter I think

And for your second question, they aren't even in the same games lol

Aren't most of the universes just different possibilities or something
Are the Pokemon rangers games in the game universes

So, I recently found out that Mega Heracross' Ultra Sun Pokedex mentions that it can lift 500 times it's own weight with it's horns, while a normal Heracross can lift 100 times their own weight with it's horn. Seeing as Heracross can use moves that specifically uses his horn (Horn Attack and Megahorn) and lifting things into the air (Seismic Toss), could we possibly use this as proof of Mega Evolutions being a 5x multiplier or no?

Last edited:
So, I recently found out that Mega Heracross' Ultra Sun Pokedex mentions that it can lift 500 times it's own weight with it's horns, while a normal Heracross can lift 100 times their own weight with it's horn. Seeing as Heracross can use moves that specifically uses his horn (Horn Attack and Megahorn) and lifting things into the air (Seismic Toss), could we possibly use this as proof of Mega Evolutions being a 5x multiplier or no?
in LS maybe, but not in AP

it should only apply to lifting strength tbh

I wouldn't even do that. This seems wholly exclusive to Mega Heracross

For instance, Mega Alakazam actually gets physically weaker, since all its energy is converted into psychic power and it thus loses physical strength

I wouldn't even do that. This seems wholly exclusive to Mega Heracross

For instance, Mega Alakazam actually gets physically weaker, since all its energy is converted into psychic power and it thus loses physical strength
I'm not sure if we really take the Pokedex's word at face value on Mega Evolutions, the afterall anime mostly supports the idea that the dark, harmful effects of Mega Evolution are a dark Game Freak joke, and not to be taken seriously. With the exception of Korrina's Lucario, the anime never shows a single Mega Evolved Pokémon as suffering from harmful side effects. Not even Ash's Lucario when it finally Mega Evolves goes through what Korrina's did (though, that could be a consequence of getting Mega Evolution too late in the series for that story to fit in).

question kukui should not have an anime profile considering that he became stronger from sm a journey equaling pikachu's z movement he himself surpassed steven's mega metagros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back