• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sup. Alright, I want to do this one character at a time, to avoid confusion. So for now, lets do Golden Sun 1 characters and start with Isaac alright?

So far, going of from the golden sun wiki, Isaac has the following.

Earth manipulation (via quake, rockfall, spire, and gaia)

Plant manipulation (via thorn, growth, and punji)

healing

Resurrection

can summon monsters

OHK (via helmsplitter and annihilation)

death manipulation (via curse)

Is that all he has with the different classes, or is there other spells I'm missing

Telekinesis, via Catch Beads, Push, Carry Stone, Lifting Gem and Orb of Force. All of his other teammates also can use all of these, except only Garet and Felix can use Push.

Water Manipulation, via Douse Drop, which all his teammates can use. He can also use Froth, Froth Sphere, and Frost Spiral.

Ice Manipulation, via Frost Jewel, which all his teammates can use.

Invisibility, via Cloak Gem, all of his teammates can use it.

Immobilization with the Halt Gem, all of his teammates can use it.

Summoning, all of his teammates can summon every summoned creature, as well as a wide variety of Djinn. They also get a wide variety of more abilities from each Djinn, which I'll eventually cover. He also can summon swords using Legend, Ragnarok, and Odyssey.

This is all, at this second. Let me continue...

Fire Manipulation, via Blast, Mad Blast, Fiery Blast, Planet Diver and Planetary.

Holy Manipulation, via Excalibur and Planetary (Fire from Heavens).

Solar Manipulation, via Nova, Supernova, and the Sol Blade.

Statistics Amplification in numerous ways.

Impair and Debilitate can half the durability of opponents.

Status Effect Inducement in numerous ways.

Soul Manipulation, via Haunt.

Condemn also causes OHK.

Wind Manipulation, via Delude, Typhoon, Gale, and Hurricane.

Delude also causes Probability Manipulation (due to decreasing the chances of being hit).

(Cosmic) Energy Manipulation, via Astral Blast.

Electricity Manipulation, via Thunder Mine, Bolt, Flash Bolt, Blue Bolt, Thunderbolt, and Thunderhead.

And wait, there's more!

Sleep Manipulation, via Sleep.

Absorption, via Drain(Life Force), and Psy Drain(Energy).

Stealth Mastery, via Ninja class and Avoid.

Energy Manipulation, obviously.

Energy Projection, via Cutting Edge.

Magma Manipulation, via Plume Edge, Lava Shower, Molten Bath, and Magma Storm.

Power Nullification, via Break. (Negates boosted stats and such), and Bind(Negates Magic).

Explosion Manipulation, via Fire Bomb, Cluster Bomb, and Carpet Bomb.

Shield Creation(or whatever it's called), via Magic Shell and Magic Shield.

Thorny Grave and Demon Night also summon monsters.

Illusion Manipulation, via Baffle Card.

He can summon way more Monsters in the Beast Tamer class.

Still not done.

Also, I don't think move or his telekinetic skills are useful in combat since it doesn't harm the opponents at all.

Life Manipulation, via several means of reviving people.

Necromancy, via the Necromancer class.

He can also summon Dullahan, which we should eventually make a page for, seeing as it's the most powerful boss in the series.

Hellfire Manipulation, via Raging Heat, Fiery Abyss, Dire Inferno, and Demonfire.

Poison Manipulation, via Poison Flow and Acid Bath.

Weather Manipulation, various ways already covered.

Several ways to ignore durability.

Void Manipulation, via Void Beam.

Darkness Manipulation, via Acheron's Grief.

Light Manipulation, via Light Surge.

Bone Manipulation, via Wyrd Curse.

Now, onto what he can do through Djinn...

I know that he can amp his stats, do extra damage with djinn, and possibly revive someone, though it's not useful if he's alone, also reviving people just means resurrection.

Some of the weapons, like the darksword is stated to be cursed, meaning Isaac can't unequip the weapon.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Shield Creation(or whatever it's called), via Magic Shell and Magic Shield.
That's just statistics amplification since it just raises their resistance.

Can slow enemies via Vine.

Can stop an enemy from attacking with Ground.

Mind Control/Possession with Mold. (Forces enemy to attack itself.)

There's some Venus Djinn that turns the whole battlefield into a ball and throws it at the opponent, leaving the black background, so possibly Gravity Manipulation.

Invulnerability with Flash, you only take 1/10 damage.

BFR, via Gale, the Djinni, not the spell.

Curse Manipulation, many ways.

Can hit non-corporeal beings with Haures. (It can split apart darkness).

Immortality(type 1, at least, seeing as the Golden Sun made him stop aging.)

Theglassman12 said:
The Wyrd curse doesn't manipulate bones, it just causes the haunt effect on the opponent.
"The user summons a series of red drops that fall from the sky to form a red pool under the enemy party, and the pool erupts into a flurry of red skull shapes that float off the top of the screen."

This was the description I found for the attack.

Can slow enemies via Vine.
Can stop an enemy from attacking with Ground.

Mind Control/Possession with Mold. (Forces enemy to attack itself.)

There's some Venus Djinn that turns the whole battlefield into a ball and throws it at the opponent, leaving the black background, so possibly Gravity Manipulation.

Invulnerability with Flash, you only take 1/10 damage.

BFR, via Gale, the Djinni, not the spell.

Curse Manipulation, many ways.

Can hit non-corporeal beings with Haures. (It can split apart darkness).
Vine is another stat debuff since it only drops enemies agility, which is a stat.

Ground is a temporary paralysis and Flash isn't invulnerability since you can still take damage.

Mold should be just mind control since all it does is make the opponents hit themselves.

Gale should be ivan's ability since it's a wind djinn..

I'm a bit iffy on the Haures thing since it looks like the darkness came from his domain, meaning he could just be manipulating darkness.

Yeah, I was indecisive about what to make Mold, that's why I put a slash.

And you do know every character can potentially use every Djinn, right? Isaac can use Gale.

Theglassman12 said:
The Wyrd curse doesn't manipulate bones, it just causes the haunt effect on the opponent.
"The user summons a series of red drops that fall from the sky to form a red pool under the enemy party, and the pool erupts into a flurry of red skull shapes that float off the top of the screen."
This was the description I found for the attack.
Well it did say red skull Shapes, not red skulls.

Uhm, as for Isaac's stats, I want to get a calc done on the Megiddo attack to see if that would be a Solar System level attack. I'll post in a thread about it. That should also be a speed feat.

Yeah, I was indecisive about what to make Mold, that's why I put a slash.
And you do know every character can potentially use every Djinn, right? Isaac can use Gale.
I know that, But in the game, the djinns (at least the first ones), go directly to the adepts of their element.

Ok. I'm making the page for the Golden Sun verse right now. Can you bring some feats to help out calculating the power of these characters?

Yeah, I went to the calc request page just now and requested that they calculate the speed and AP of Megiddo. This should scale to Isaac, Felix, Matthew, and end game bosses and superbosses. Many of the cast should be Multi-Continental via summons, and being comparable to Saturos and Menardi after absorbing the energy of the towers which shook the whole world, as well as the summons such as Judgement and Apocalypse which show the attack covering the surface of the world.

Isaac should be FTL+ or MFTL. As well as the other protagonists and final bosses and superbosses, based on the Megiddo feat. Other cast members, I'm not sure. Maybe MHS+, seeing as they should be able to avoid lightning in battles, but I'm not sure how that would work.

Back