• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Golden Goddesses to 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this is wrong (I don't know too much about Zelda other than BotW), but why are the Golden Goddesses (Din, Nayru, and Farore) Low 2-C? on their profiles it says "Breathed countless universes into existence of unknown size with her sisters, some while not even being aware of it". Shouldn't this be 2-C, as they created multiple universes at once?

I am not sure. You should check under The Legend of Zelda in the Knowledgeable Members List, and politely ask the people listed there to help out in this thread.

I think that was the former justification for 2-B GG, but then they got downgraded (I don't know why if the justification is true) and they forgot to change the reasoning. I'll search from where the statement comes from

Frankly, the decision that all the realms in Zelda are planet sized was dumb, given that Termina has multiple stars and aliens from outer space. Or that Lorule just stops being the opposite of Hyrule with the immediate bounds being the planet, when it too has shown stars and such. It made some sense with the Realm of the Ocean King, or the Twilight Realm, but not Termina or Lorule.

Was Azathoth involved in the decision? If so, it is probably best to ask him to comment here.

I don't think that the countless realms thing is true; that would be 2-B. But there are least 3 Timelines

Azzy was simply for Triforce not being tier 3 (still gonna prove that to be a thing someday ovo). I don't remember what he thought of the Golden Goddess downgrade.

The lowest I could see the GGs being here would be 2 timelines via Termina, and that's if you consider Lorule and the Sacred World sharing the same space-time as Hyrule. But considering how Zen'ō isn't Low 2-C for that same reason, the Golden Goddesses should be 3 to 4 timeline level, even if you still exclude the Realm of the Ocean King and the Twilight Realm (which I don't mind, tbh). Also, they did create other universes, as the Downfall Timeline isn't a result of OoT's split, but rather a timeline where Link and Zelda lost before they could use the titular ocarina.

It's not a what-if. What if's aren't canon. It's just another timeline. I mean, that would make the original Zelda game, as well as every (non-CD-i) Zelda game up to OoT, non-canon if it were simply a what-if lol.

So, I'm pretty sure that would make the Golden Goddesses 6-8 universe level, depending on if we treat the Sacred World as a separate universe or not (we should, especially as the Silent Realm is debatably a beta version of the Sacred Realm). Worst case scenario, the Golden Goddesses creates two timelines: 2/3 of the Unified Timeline (as the split of the Child and Adult Timelines was created by an outside source and undoubtedly independent of the Goddesses) and the Downfall Timeline. Middle (but not most likely) scenario, the Golden Goddesses are six universe level, as there's the Light World, Lorule, and Termina in both, the Downfall Timeline and the Child/Adult Timeline, and we don't consider the Sacred Realm/World (For the record, they're the same thing. I just change it up to coincide with either the Light World or Silent Realm) a separate universe, or it being in the same timeline as the Light World. But again, Zen'ō's not Low 2-C there.

For the record, if you're thinking that having the Sacred Realm as a Low 2-C structure makes the Triforce, and therefore Link, Low 2-C, that wouldn't be the case. Even as someone who advocates for universal Triforce, the Triforce would only keep the physical side of the Sacred World intact, as a destroyed Sacred Realm still is able to be traveled to and isn't a void devoid of timespace.

Personally I would not mind upgrading them to 2-C, but it is best to ask the staff members who were involved the last time to give input here as well.

I also want to state that before I had any influence on the profiles, or even came here, they were 2-C. I only upped them on the scale with that NoA countless thing, which was gotten rid of. So it wasn't a result of my wanking (I hope I'm using that term ironically) that they were 2-C.

They were low 2-C cause they never really created the different timelines in The first place. Link did that by going back in time and into the future to change some things.

@Glass. I already said they didn't create the split done by Zelda. Downfall Timeline is unaffected by the split, as Link and Zelda are killed by Ganon and it has no reason to be done. The Downfall Timeline is essentially a timeline that stays on the path of the Unified Timeline until the climax of Ocarina of Time, as Link loses in that one and wins in the other (said win results in another timeline tho).

Also, they were Low 2-C because separate universes in Zelda were erroneously considered to be planet sized pocket dimensions, even though only the RotOK and the TR could fall under this and Lorule and especially Termina directly disprove this.

Termina is now canonically a pocket dimension created by MM. There are several reasons on why HE is canon (at least as much as HH), but that needs a thred on its own that I don't want to do now (including the possible upgrade)

But if that's the chamber of the sages, that would mean the Sacred Realm is much larger than just a planet and sun since that's where the chamber is located.

Hmm.............

@DC. Yeah, I caught that. Chamber of the Sages is in the Sacred Realm. And we have proof for at least MSS in size now (I can't believe I stumbled upon that by accident...). Now I just need more evidence of the Sacred World being the same size as the Light World.

even if Termina is a pocket dimension, its still multiple solar systems large. Why would it be only Solar System size?

The reason he's not 4-A is because up till there was no proof about Majora creating Termina. Now that HE explicitly says that, there's the possibility of an upgrade, but I'd wait until HE gets translated

Oh, I thought you were talking about the Sacred Realm. Not Termina. Personally, I'm against Termina being a Majora creation. If it was created from Skull Kid's memories, then it contradicts quite a few things. Namely, that the giants that he was friends with before he put on the mask are from Termina, because they're from the swamp, mountain, ocean, and canyon, which are in Termina. And Tael knew this, despite the fact that he shouldn't know that's where they are.

I still think that it is best to ask the staff members who were involved in the previous Golden Goddesses discussions to give input here as well.

I think that content revisions that need their input are important enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back